News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Carrollton Ky Oct.

Started by brdholman, October 25, 2010, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdholman

It was a crisp 36 degrees when the sun rose on the Carrollton range where 19 great American citizens would soon join us. We had a great bunch of shooters who were eager and ready to learn with teachable attitudes, the most important thing to bring. We had a large number of ladies at this shoot which was great. They proved later that this not just a man's game. The weather warmed up and was a perfect fall day in my opinion. After a lot of instruction we got a couple AQT's in on Sat. and called it a day.
Sunday morning came early and all but one of our shooters returned to take another try at the AQT. After a quick review of the basics and some sight adjustments we were on our way into the AQT grind. By Sun. afternoon we had 5 Riflemen, 3 of them actually were rifleladies. Congratulations Nathan, Jay, Janice, Becky, and Karen. Jay also stepped up to take an orange hat. Thanks, Ky needs help.
Thank you all for coming and come back with some friends and family. It was really a pleasure to work with such a fine group of American citizens. Pictures to follow later.
Brad

son of liberty

It was a great time , i had fun meeting all of ya and look forward to the next AS

kentuckyjam

What a weekend!  I believe this is the largest shoot we've had at Carrollton yet.  And what a group it was.  We had a lot of first time Appleseeders, and all the 2nd-time-around guys brought people with them!!!!!  ^:)^  Way to 7th step!!  Teachable attitudes were all over the place and everyone was having fun.  Nice job, everyone!!

I want to say thanks to the IITs, you all did a great job as always, beyond expectations.  Brad, great job as Ky's newest SB!!  

We had 2 men make Rifleman...
Jay, I was excited to see your cab pull up.  Even more excited when I saw the 2 ladies with you. :)  Congrats on a hard fought Rifleman!  You persevered through crazy equipment issues and came out on top.  Well done!!  And congrats on joining the Appleseed crew.  I look forward to working with you on the trail.
Nathan, you stayed calm, so calm, through a scope that just wouldn't stay put.  Last AQT, switch to one of the Magic Marlins, and bam!  A 222!!!!  You know what you are about.  Way to go!

And we had 3 women make it!!!
I believe this is a first in Kentucky.  3 women, all first time Appleseeders earned their patch at the same shoot.   :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  Janice, Becky, then Karen got in the Rifleman's bubble and got the job done.  Congrats, ladies!

This was a great group of Patriots who came out, soaked up the instruction, and soaked up the history.  I look forward to seeing you all again on the trail. :~

And could this be a shoot in Kentucky run entirely by Kentucky instructors?  Really?  Could it be??

Sorry it took me so long to get the pictures posted.  Had to work late tonight or they would have been there by dinner.  :-\  Will put these in a separate post.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

kentuckyjam

Pics

GarandFan

What started out being a chilly morning turned out to be a great day for an appleseed.  We had a great bunch of shooters show up who wanted to learn.  The wind kicked up quite a bit on Sunday.  Even with the wind we still had five shooters earn their riflemen patch, congratulations to all of you.  I hope to see all that attended again at a future shoot.  I am looking forward to working with Ky's newest IIT (infamousJ), thank you for stepping up and carrying on the message.  I also enjoyed working with one of Ky's Appleseed volunteers Sky H.  She really helped the days shoot flow smoothly and was ready to help when she was needed.  I am looking forward to the next shoot and working with all that attended in Carrollton.
A rusty rifle is a rusty rifleman.  Now go shoot.

Zeroed In +

This was my first time at Appleseed and I have to say I had a great time!! O0 I enjoyed meeting alot of great new people and it was really fun learning all of the history. All of the instructors told great stories and made it very interesting and I loved the costumes. I was very excited to make rifleman on my first shoot especially since I had never shot a rifle before. I guess I just had really good instructions and everyone was so patient. Thank you all for making it a fun filled event and I will definitely be back!! ^:)^ :---

NH82

This was my first ever Appleseed and I have to say I had a very good time!!! Thanks to all the instructors that give their time to put things like this on. I learned alot and look forward to going again and picking up on things I might have missed the first time!. And Julie, just so you know, a Marlin .22 is now on the list of things to get before the next shoot!!!

KI4URW

I just want to thank everyone who showed up. There was a few people who showed up with an excellent grasp of marksmanship already, honestly I was shocked at how good some of the shooting was right off the bat. I also noticed a lot of head nodding and attentive attitudes during the history and how it relates to the present times.

shootnloper

I want to thank all you instructors for showing us how to shoot correctly and confidently. Our results speak 'volumes' about how good the instruction was over the weekend. I'm looking forward to attending the next appleseed, I'll be practicing and getting faster. Brad, I got my own rifle today(a marlin) guess I won't need to use yours next time-but thanks. I'm sure it helped me get that rifleman patch!! The young man who sold me my rifle wants to join us at the next shoot ;D!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
Janice[/img]

kentuckyjam

Way to 7th step, Janice!  Don't forget to get a second magazine with your new "Magic Marlin."  :~  There are several threads on the forum about them, just search on "Marlin 795".

Keep up the dry practice and get bundled for Cynthiana!