News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buckeye, AZ AAR: October 16-17 2010

Started by crak, October 18, 2010, 12:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Just when I start getting used to waking up in a frost covered tent...

Buckeye, AZ!  Where it's only 93 degrees in the shade.  Where the shade only lasts until 11:30am.  Where benches and men are made of stone.  Where the RFAQTs don't even stop for darkness.

26ish on Saturday and 9 Sunday.  Of those 9, 5 riflemen were forged.  Always feels a little odd telling the story to people so far from Captain Parker's Green, Captain Davis's Bridge, and Sam Whittemore's rock.  I bet they've been real proud to see the Liberty they won in full bloom in a landscape so alien to their own.

AZOpie earned a red hat and AZMule is on his way.  Soon I won't have much of an excuse to return.

Nice work everybody.   O0
Check your drama at the door.

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations AZOpie  O0 and welcome aboard Sir
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS AZOpie!!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

AZDuty

I would also like to say congratulations to AZOpie and AZMule. I had a great time at the Buckeye Appleseed this weekend and I must say that the instruction was top notch! Thanks for all the great instruction and helping me meet my goal of earning a Rifleman's patch!

sgtrock

crak

Sounds like that shoot was well worth the trip,,, Outstanding Job Sir,,,

And 5 out of nine,, became Riflemen,, WoW,, that is Great

New Englands Finest

sgtrock

Spartan

Great Job Crack,,,so it is a bit warmer there than Massena NY hahahahah
"With your shield or on it"

AZOpie

It was great to see all the people at the range this weekend.  5 riflemen in one weekend, and more knocking at the door - with higher than normal temps. That afternoon sun was brutal! It fills my heart with pride to see Americans coming out to improve themselves, especially when the climate is less than optimal. Through it all, everyone kept their concentration focused on improving their skills and keeping the line safe.

Thanks to crak for taking the time to make the journey out here and run the event, and azmule for making the trip up from Tucson.

Appleseed continues to grow in Arizona!

kakashi

Thanks to crak, AZOpie, and AZMule, I too earned my rifleman patch.  The instruction was excellent, and I had a great time. 

The AQTs really did help improve my marksmanship.  I'd only shot a rifle a few times before July, when I started using the redcoat and AQT targets.  There's only so much you can teach yourself on your own, though.  The instructors this weekend taught me cadence, npoa, and a host of other details that enabled me to earn the patch at my first Appleseed.  Many thanks, gentlemen.