News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Miamisburg, OH - Sep 4-5, 2010

Started by Hoover, September 06, 2010, 10:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoover

This weekend's Appleseed was exceptional. Exceptional weather combined with exceptional patriots made for a very enjoyable experience.  The progress in marksmanship skills was very notable.  Saturday morning's redcoat targets' mediocre results yielded to Saturday and Sunday afternoon's considerable improvements.  Congratulations to our two new Riflemen and to almost everyone else that was "knocking on the door" with scores in or around 200 (two of which were 207).

It is always a pleasure to have junior shooters share the experience, and this event was no exception.  Seth, I'm glad you were able to come and bring your dad along.  Several father son and husband wife pairs reminded us of the enjoyment to be had when sharing the experience with family.

We were fortunate to be joined on Saturday by fellow Indiana instructor, West, who helped with instruction and offered his unique history story of Robert Kirkwood and the "Blue Hen Chickens".  Thank-you, West, for sharing your skills and experiences with us.

Lots of smiling faces throughout each day.  The David Lamson story followed by a favorite team drill helped renew energy and a bit of competitiveness.  MeanStreaker offered to "even out" one of the teams.  The outcomes were amazingly similar with only small bits of star tips in each.  They were so similar that "dangling chad" rules were discussed as a way to find a winner.

I'm looking forward to seeing returning faces at future Appleseeds and a renewing of friendships.

OhioRifleman

Thank you all for putting on a great event! I know I learned a lot to help tighten up my groups and I was real impressed by the progress made by all! You have some top-notch instructors! Seth can't stop talking about Appleseed and can't wait for the next shoot. The history was one of my favorite parts of the weekend, I'm sure we all learned a lot about the Revolution that we never learned in History class. Thanks again and I look forward to working with you all at our local club next year!

OhioRifleman
(Brian)

Flint

And BIG congratulations to Hoover on getting his green hat!! You did an amazing job as Shoot Boss, Hoover...you earned it!

Thanks to everybody, instructors and participants, for an awesome, awesome weekend. Hubby and I had a great time, and are really looking forward to our next Appleseed. Next time, I'LL be getting that patch...just gotta remember "2-2-3-3"!

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? ~Thomas Jefferson

Hoover

Brian - It was a pleasure to work with you and Seth.  Not only seeing you score rifleman on the first AQT, but doing it consistently on Sunday.  Excellent shooting!  Glad to know that the history was a highlight; it's definitely something that stays with you.

Flint - Thank-you for the kind words.  Likewise, I very much enjoyed seeing you and Jack do so very well!  Persistence and focus really did the trick.  I look forward to seeing the two of you on the trail.

All - here's a few pictures.  I'll hope others will post some soon.

Atlasman

It was indeed a great weekend.  The weather was fantastic (although Meanstreaker seemed to crave blazing heat or knee-deep mud...not sure what that was about)!  I continue to learn from a great group of instructors whose time and dedication I sincerely appreciate!!

I got some excellent pointers from a couple of instructors which should really help my dry-fire practice over the next month or so.  I will look forward to coming back to collect that patch.

West was a great addition to the weekend.  I enjoyed hearing the history he told from the Delaware area.  West, it was good to meet you.

Hoover, I'd like to add my congratulations to you on picking up the "Shoot Boss Hat."  I really appreciate the time and dedication you and the other instructors put into these weekends.

I'm planning on bringing some friends in a couple of months.  I look forward to seeing you again.

Greg
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary."  Thomas Paine

Ishy

Quote from: Flint on September 06, 2010, 12:08:20 PM
And BIG congratulations to Hoover on getting his green hat!! You did an amazing job as Shoot Boss, Hoover...you earned it!

Congratulations!!!  Hoozah!!!!!!!   ..:..
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

MeanStreaker

An excellent weekend all around.  The weather was beautiful, everyone improved in their Marksmanship, and most importantly, we all enjoyed each other's company while reconnecting with those that sacrificed so much on April 19, 1775.

Congratulations to Hoover who did an incredible job running the shoot and earning his Green hat!!!  Appleseed is very lucky to have you at the helm.

It was a pleasure having Seth on the line with us!

Congratulations to our newest Riflemen, Brian and Jack!

Jack and Ria teaching each other through Ball and Dummy

We were lucky to have West with us on Saturday.

So close! 

Hoover sharing the KD Lesson:

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.  See you at the next one!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Woodstock

This event was one of the best things I've ever experienced. I learned marksmanship, but more importantly, I was able to spend two days with a group of fine, serious, thoughtful men...and a woman, of course, Honey! I feel much richer for the experience Thanks so much to all instructors for your dedication and selflessness.

Next step: do it all again, this time with iron sights!
"...what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

-----Captain Levi Preston, on why he fought at Concord

Andre

Indeed, a pleasurable shoot!  Good to see that everyone had those all important traits of a "teachable attitude" and persistence on hand.  Neat to read that many are already doing the all important seventh step also!   O0 

^:)^  Way to go Hoover!!!   ^:)^

I'm looking forward to working with you again.

See y'all on the trail...

Andre