News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Vale OR Aug 28 - 29

Started by Pa Rah, August 27, 2010, 05:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa Rah

This is a place holder for Vale, OR.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

Earl

A very nice range in Vale, Oregon, thanks to the Snake River Sportsmen. You can see and shoot a long long way here. Day one of the Appleseed went just fine...
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Nice that Brandon believed everything we told him, but sad he went back to his wilder ways, he does shoot well, just not consistently --- YET!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Two AQTs shot.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5c2n6JHOMI Final Redcoat of the Day, video

Pa Rah

Mike congratulates on shooting Rifleman on your second AQT. You will remember I warned you about shooting a 210. 211 would have been better.
Ronald Reagan

Pa Rah

Earl thanks so much for driving 8 hours each way to come out a give me a hand. Take care of that cough. The video is great.

Ronald Reagan

Pa Rah

Sunday morning we were back to shooting Red Coats, squares and AQT's. After lunch we packed up and headed over to the KD range and let everyone put into practice what had been learned in the last day and half along with some new lessons in changing wind and mirage conditions. (Sorry, we didn't take any pictures.)

Special thanks to Dave Brown for helping out on the KD course of fire. 

The Snake River Sportsmen shooting complex in Vale OR is a very well laid out range with shooting positions every 100 yards out to 1,000 yards with target pits that can accommodate 20 shooters at time.
Ronald Reagan

Earl

8) Well, I am worn, almost out. I drove about eight hours, traffic jammed up in the pass towards Seattle but it only delayed me by thirty minutes, I can give those to the cause.  I did get some pictures of the first Redcoat. Then I thanked everyone for being there, especially Dave and his great range which has to be  under-utilized except by the few. It is a great place for an Appleseed, Heavy Rifle, and all kinds of other shooting events. I really liked seeing it, shooting that steel bison out there about 750 with the rifle that Pa Rah built (day before the Appleseed). ^:)^

MJMcMahon

Quote from: Pa Rah on August 29, 2010, 12:14:16 AM
Mike congratulates on shooting Rifleman on your second AQT. You will remember I warned you about shooting a 210. 211 would have been better.

True enough, 211 would have been better but I'll take 210!  Even if it means I have to take a shower at the range!

Thanks to Pa Rah and Earl for the excellent instruction and guidance that made my first Appleseed a success!  I'll be sharing what I've learned and the fun I had with many others, encouraging them to come to Appleseed!

Reddot

Quote from: MJMcMahon on August 30, 2010, 12:15:21 AM
Quote from: Pa Rah on August 29, 2010, 12:14:16 AM

True enough, 211 would have been better but I'll take 210!  Even if it means I have to take a shower at the range!

Thanks to Pa Rah and Earl for the excellent instruction and guidance that made my first Appleseed a success!  I'll be sharing what I've learned and the fun I had with many others, encouraging them to come to Appleseed!
If 210 wasn't good enough, it wouldn't be the standard  :cool2:  Seriously, congratulations, Well Done!

Pa Rah

I'd to say thank you to all of you who participated in the Vale Or Appleseed. Without exception all of you were very quick to accept instruction and even though finding the shooting positions very uncomfortable, worked within the parameters of each position to find a workable firing positions.

I was also pleasantly surprised when those of you who had come with some obvious "bad habits" (you know who you are) not only accepted the instruction Earl and I offered offered but also practiced and preceded to make corrections pertaining to the "Six Steps".  In short this was one of the most responsive group of shooters that I have ever worked with.
Ronald Reagan