News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minnesota Committee of Exploration, Acquisition & Support

Started by AFTERMATH, August 26, 2010, 12:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

If we're gonna be the 'Land of 10,000 Appleseeds' we're gonna have to have 10,000 Appleseeds!
How are Mike an I gonna handle all of that?  Well, since my computer isn't capable of processing that much information;
we're gonna divide it up a little.  Ever hear of 3-Man Teams?  Well, you should have!  We talked about it at the picnic!
The giant state of Minnesota as you knew it is no more!  It's now a conglomeration of smaller areas of operation.
Each of these areas will have at its heart, a 3-Man Team!
These teams will be in charge of....  You guessed it!  Exploration, Acquisition & Support!
Exploration of new ranges, venues, contacts, territory, etc...
Acquisition of these new resources.  And support of the events in their area.
That doesn't mean you can't leave your area or ask for help from another.
It simply means that all Appleseeding that takes place in your area is your responsibility!
Does that sound a little tough?  Try running a whole state, region or country!
The bonus is as you develop your area; more and more Seeders will jump on board!
They can be formed into more 3-Man teams and take on specific parts of an area!
Thus, in the near future; each county will have it's own 3-Man team, to support that one AS/month in their county of course!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, who are our 3-Man Teams and what area do they control?

From the North East:  Russellmn, BrassBucket and three

From the Metro:  Sven, Adamt, and sparks1

South East:   vmt193, kmk, Cooper

South West:  habs, BuzzG, [slot available]

Central:  [All slots available---  I know we've got some people out there, muster up!]

North West:   :(     :(     :'(   Well, as you can see, we've got a lot of work!

<<Perhaps, with such large voids; we should form a nomadic 3-Man Team to roam the plains, as well!>>

If you'd like to join one of our crack teams; PM me and you'll be assigned appropriately!
And no, you don't have to be a man to join a team!  Hmmm...  I'd bet a 3-Woman Team could rock this state and the surrounding ones as well!
You don't have to be an Instructor or even a Riflemen to become part of this grande effort!  You just have to be a fellow Appleseeder who cares!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how are we goin' to make this work?  Well, it goes kinda like this:

A team gets a lead on a venue in their area.  They then investigate, and if suitable the set it up.  They will then operate as the local Boots On The Ground(BOTG) for support and promotion of that event. 

Perhaps, another way it could work:  Someone makes a suggestion for a venue.  It is then forwarded via. PM to the Team in the area, as well as posted here, addressing the area.  When posting new contacts:  Add the Area in the 'subject-line'.

Hopefully, this will create a nice spirit of competition and lead to smoother, and better events.  Rocketing Minnesota to #1 on Appleseed Frontier!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

By the way; when you run across a facillity that just isn't going to work, track that too.  Let's try to keep good records.
Hey, and did I mention; there's a prize for the team that sets up the most shoots in 2011! O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

SE is already hard at work....  In Decorah, IA   :cool2:

AFTERMATH

Area:  Metro

Team: Sven, Adamt, Sparks1

Mission:  Recon

Dakota County Gun Club
17501 Station Trail
Rosemount, MN 55068
952-985-3248 (voicemail only)

Primary Objective:
Explore the feasability of having an Appleseed at this location; if so, begin application process.

Secondary Objective:
Promotions - Family Fun Shoot

Quote from: Puma MamiThe Dakota County Gun Club has a Family Fun Shoot each summer. I'm not sure if Appleseed/RWVA can actually get a booth at this event or not. But if you could, you would get huge exposure to families interested in having their kids do shooting sports and hunting. They had a large variety of hunting and archery organizations there last summer, and a huge number of participants. So it could be a good promotional opportunity for Appleseed to reach more mainstream shooters.

Please look into this.

Scheduling:
Try for spring - No date confirmation from SC req'd - Use your best judgement.
Subject to change.

Timeline: 
No expected finnish date is set at this time. 

Thank you,

Aftermath

P.S. Tip provided by Puma Mami -Thank you!

Castle Mountain

You present a solid battle plan Aftermath. Looks really good! Excellent strategic planning on your part. Bear in mind , I am sure you will, that the promotions are what your respective teams must embrace 7 days a week. Every opportunity to sell AS needs to be exploited spontaneously. Be prepared for every opportunity that presents itself. Moreover, friendships and alliances will prosper everyone and serve you well as you build them through your region.  FYI there will soon be many new Appleseed friendly vendors we will be posting soon to give you further ideas which will prosper one and all.  I am also pleased to announce that brother Deacon will be our Appleseed spokesperson at the up and coming SHOT SHOW in Los Vegas in the New Year also. This is a product of our brainstorming together with the likes of EEL, Gopher Boy and Deacon once I originally bounced the idea off of Fred.
Promotion booths will really grow your program at each show you do. You are so on track if your teams set it up like you are doing a 'shot show presentation'. First public encounters and impressions are lasting for people. Present a strong impression which will remain first in every attendee's mind and,with as many bodies wearing shooting jackets that you can muster behind each booth. Six is ideal. People will wonder...'who are those guys?' "Oh, those are the Appleseed folks, they have a table over there."  
I will have a new gun show table poster coming before year end and will be announcing it before Christmas. Stay tuned. It is an attention getter.
Each team will do well to acquire, build and set up captain parker banners complete with six flags for each show and each AS event. People need to know they are at an AS event to imbed lasting visual recall in their long term memory. I know you will do well. You have a gift for making strong impressions on people, just in case no one ever told you so. You certainly made on on me. This work plan you have posted is just great good sir.

We here in Illinois are on the threshold of doubling again this year and with the manpower allocation we now have to make up our crew. I think we have, what, '15' New ranges that we have secured for this year could be spread us thin.  Enthusiastic leadership got us to where we are today and with enthusiastic followers we will get the ball across the
goal line again.

Our several sorties into central &Southern Illinois  have revealed that people are hungry and we like the riders of 1775 are going spread the message, change the hearts and minds of twice as many Americans. We surely don't want to disappoint them. New DAR's are waiting in the background also. We are bringing our A-Team to bear on the task before us. With 'Coach' Garand69 and 'Master Shoot Boss Trainer and Mentor' EEL,  Pappy as our Gun Show Coordinator and  our dedicated Shoot Boss's working in concert with  growing instructor corps (boots on the ground) we will engage the new year with GUSTO. These are not average Americans they are great Americans and we have love working with them. Loyal to each other and loyal to the program and loyal to the nation we are trying to save.
However, we are all in limp mode right now feeling serious effects of fatigue from a long hard year of work. And work it was. Just between Gopher Boy, Patriot Gal and myself we combined to invest in excess of 75  full Appleseed weekends of our life's energy for this nation, for just this past year.  I cannot comprehend what EEL has poured into
this past year. God knows!   I know for a fact the fatigue of this investment is felt shared by many in Illinois and elsewhere. But, we succeeded!! Oh yes we did!!  We learned from on another. We grew and we inspired the lives and hearts of many Appleseed attendees. When men are so dedicated to each other and everyone of our team is focused on the mission the work we performed became a joy.
In the New Year we look forward to the 'marketing harvest' that Patriot Gal and I have been sowing this past year and the results will bless our future efforts we have no doubt. This short period of rest I got much need weatherstripping installed. Yeahh!!!   Now we can rest up through the winter. Oh joy!! Snow for me to shovel soon.

The end of the year is nigh. Chanukah, Christmas and New Years is a time for reflection for us all. We can remember where we were a year ago and how far we have come.
It was a team effort all the way but it was also because of  the inspiration and encouragement that exuded freely from our leadership that was the catalyst that  fuled and ignited our spark of passion. They put themselves(the me factor) last for our sakes (the men and women as boots on the ground) for the sake of the APPLESEED Mission.  
Our neigbors wondered when our lawns was going to be cut. Many times we had to hire people to do just that.
The joy we experienced on the faces of so many shooters, both young and old is so rewarding.  I am sure you will all agree.  I am sure yall love teaching as much as we do.
We love teaching and we so love promoting this program. To do what we have done in Illinois took love. Love for the program and it's mission, but also love for each other
(the men and women). You sir are an example of such leadership in Minnesota  and as we have witnessed elsewhere from Illinois across this nation such as Wisconsin, Missouri,
Indiana, Ohio and yes TEXAS.

So why is it that Castle Mountain can feel this way. He will tell you:
I lost my older brother 'Earl' seven years ago to colon cancer. Never did I ever expect to replace him.  Not that could ever be expected to happen, the grief over the loss of him was so great.  But!!  Some glorious thing happened.  I have received the love and affection of brothers who have filled that void a hundred times over. Brothers, from another mother, whom I can Indian leg wrestle with, out shoot and argue with, disagree, tell them they are wrong and they can tell me I am wrong (when ever that is) but we are still brothers. If ever the SHTF they could call on us in a heart beat and we would be at their side. We know well the feeling is reciprocal. That is the power and experience of a brotherhood and sisterhood.  Isn't that what we all witnessed at Lexington, Concord and Meriam's corner? Appleseed has become indeed an extended family and a family we have come to love. Think of it! We have brothers in sisters in Minnesota California, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Texas, Virgina. Florida,  Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Carolina. And the list goes on and on. God is good to have filled our hearts so.  Is it possible that we in Appleseed have become the remnant of the colonialists in America today?

Patriot Gal and I have come to realize, we have come to know and enjoy the finest friends we have ever met in our lives and that comes from both sides of the 49th Parallel.
My uncle, George Mills, served as 'Regimental Sergeant Major' of the distinquished Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry and fought hard in both Italy and Korea. When I was a teenager I recall quoting him something negative I heard from the liberal Canadian media about Americans that was very disparaging. He literally exploded in anger with me. Then he went very quiet as I watched his forehead wrinkle into deep furrows, his steel blue eyes piercing as he spoke to me about Korea. He spoke of how his brigade fought a vicious and hard campaign side by side with the Americans and how splendid they were to work with and come to know as comrades and people. Uncle George said this; exhorting me loudly... " American's are the greatest people and the greatest country on earth."  I never forgot his words, especially the look on his face as he choked back the emotions with face grimacing in pain caused by a terrible insect bite, received in Korea, that caused paralysis of the left side of his face, which later required surgical severing of the nerves in his throat to ease the affliction.  I got a message from him which was never to be forgotten.  
Today, decades later (who would ever have thought) I am an American!'   I get to live and work in America and I enjoy the love and devotion of an 'all American woman" (and love her I do).  I enjoy the fruits of my labor and live in the greatest country in the world. I live amongst the greatest people in the world. Moreover we enjoy the greatest friendships we have ever known. I perceive this only possible because of Appleseed attracting the finest people.  Our country is called the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, but No, America is not united right now on many issues, but our diversity allows for that. So too does our commonality allow for us to be united.
Unity and love are two wonderful words with special meaning yes?

I am mindful as we approach Chanukah & Christmas and the reason for them, thinking  of April 19th 1775 as we approach it also (in the new year) the very  implications of these two words (love and unity) which welded the spirits of the colonialists and our founders. These words enabled them to be galvanized into action to become one nation.  
Having read the history, having preached the history, having read a book G69 encouraged me to read.... 'Miracles of the Revolution' as well as 'Washington Crossing the  Delaware' I am convinced that without God the revolution would not have succeeded. The colonialists were God fearing people and I believe the Spirit of God moved in the lives and events of those people and inspired our  founders to give us this great nation. I believe too that if God's spirit moves within Appleseed  (if we allow it)this movement will thrive. We can and will achieve our objective and along the way we will become even better Americans and flourish beyond imagination. We can become something great!  And when our time to leave this life we and others will know what we have been about.  Yes even unto the saving of this nation. I thank Fred for this program of inspiration and what it's potential represents for America. Appleseed allowed me to discover the best of Americans where as the television news most often accomplishes the reverse if you know what I mean. The greatest tribute I have experienced in Appleseed was when after talking with a Vietnam vet for over a half hour
about Appleseed, observing him nodding his head in affirmation, he reached for his wallet and presented something to me that few have had privalege to see (my guess).
He presented to me a medallion coin that with the inscription that read....SPECIAL FORCES TRAINER.  WOW. What an honor for me to experience.
I took opportunity to put him in contact with Sheep Dog in Colorado. Needless to say he was thrilled to learn about Appleseed. You never know who you are going to meet.
No doubt Fred represents to me  another example of American exceptionalism. He was and is the genesis of our program. It pleased all of us to make every effort to have Fred to be proud of our joining hands, September 11th 2010, working with one another, side by side. Yes I refer to the Waterman 300. We together in unity and love. We showed the world what Appleseed could do  and what Appleseed was about. We were together. How sweet it was.

A week later we were with EEL when he spoke (by invitation) to crowd of some 1000 at a constitutional rally in Peoria and gave his Appleseed benediction that Friday evening.. Complete strangers heard the appeal, word of what Appleseed is about and what it means to be an American .Impressive it was. Hearts were gladdened. We were all together with a crowd of strangers in unity. Even Gopher boy drove down alone, all the way from North Chicago just for that main event to join us. How sweet it was as we enjoyed
each others fellowship sharing the message.

What will the New Year bring?  We should all light a candle just for Appleseed this season, (I pray we do) to remind us of the hope and reasons of why we do what we do,
a candle to remind us to keep the flame of love and unity burning bright in our hearts and minds and for the sake of each other and our program and for the sake of our country.

I am stirred by these words:

"making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." Eph 4:13

'How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity" Psalms 133:1  
[/color]

2011 should be a good year Aftermath, thanks for your inspiring  positive 'Appleseed'  post I will put my challenge coin up against  yours if you are in for it brother?
Our hearts are in the same place and our goals will once again take the same leadership that got us through the work of this year to lead and inspire us to double again next year.
Remember..... it is the 'MEN (boots on the ground)', the 'MISSION, and ME (last). This is what my uncle George spoke of as he experienced America while in Korea.
This is my experience as a New American.  I hope this revives your  saddened and tired spirit also brother Deacon. We shall become the wind in America's sail as
people EXPERIENCE THE REBIRTH OF MARKSMANSHIP & THEIR AMERICAN HERITAGE which I dully claim as my own. And to think this journey of ours all began
at a gun show with G69 & Pappy putting their big meat paws on my shoulder saying....."you need to come to an Appleseed." O0

Congratulations Aftermath for a great report and for demonstrating such splendid leadership.

Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to all our brothers and sisters in Appleseed and may the Light of the world
always burn brightly from the candle stick of your hearts and of your lives.

Castle Mountain

P/S  By the way, if you are thinking of a great gift for someone this season, consider
Peter Blabber's book (former Delta Force Commander) The Men, The Mission & Me. It's a great read.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Johnnyappleseed

Good idea's Minnesota ---many hands make for light work ^5
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AFTERMATH

sparks1

Just got off the phone with a board member, past president of Dakota County GC. Nice fellow, had alot to say aboout his range and what they offer.

Unfortunately , according to their conditional use permit ....No shooting on Sunday. This is determined by the township. This has always been vetoed when brought up in past years. However it has been brought up this year and the township is willing to "talk" about it. So an AS there may have some waiting to do. We (I) will need to keep in contact with DCGC ,

He did say we should be welcome to have a booth at their family fun day in August, but to bring it before the board this spring and get final approval. Seems the Wild Turkey Federation hosts the event and he did not want to overstep his bounds by granting us permission. Still///he is 99% sure it will not be a problem. The event we would be promoting AS at is in August...will have to check their calendar to see date once they get it posted.

Their ladies only shoots are becoming a big hit, with women coming from all over the area to participate. All male instructors at the event...too bad they have no female instructors to compliment the day. Sure would bring more to the event.

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

QuoteUnfortunately , according to their conditional use permit ....No shooting on Sunday. This is determined by the township. This has always been vetoed when brought up in past years. However it has been brought up this year and the township is willing to "talk" about it. So an AS there may have some waiting to do. We (I) will need to keep in contact with DCGC ,

Should all else fail, we can run a Sat-Only shoot.

QuoteHe did say we should be welcome to have a booth at their family fun day in August, but to bring it before the board this spring and get final approval. Seems the Wild Turkey Federation hosts the event and he did not want to overstep his bounds by granting us permission. Still///he is 99% sure it will not be a problem. The event we would be promoting AS at is in August...will have to check their calendar to see date once they get it posted.
I tried to join that once, but it turned out it wasn't the Wild Turkey I was thinking of.... :D
Sounds Great!  Let's try to make sure we have a shoot in the vicinity not too long after. O0

QuoteTheir ladies only shoots are becoming a big hit, with women coming from all over the area to participate. All male instructors at the event...too bad they have no female instructors to compliment the day. Sure would bring more to the event.
Hmmm....  Perhaps, one of our lady instructors could help out. 

Puma Mami

Here is a promotion possibility for the SE group. I don't know if anyone has contacted Ahlmans yet. This is in the Faribault area. It's a large gun store and they also have a range.

http://www.ahlmans.com/events.html
Scroll down to see pictures of the event. Lots of families go. I'm planning to bring mine this year. It seems to be mostly gun vendors there, but they might let Appleseed get a booth/table. Or maybe there's a literature pack they hand out that a flyer could be put into?

The owner wrote a book about his battle to stay in business in competition with a big box store. The description gives an idea of where he's coming from. http://www.amazon.com/Battling-Big-Mart-Larry-Ahlman/dp/0971290644/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295796870&sr=8-4

He also wrote a series of adventure books about "Mittens," starting with Mittens in the Boundary Waters.
I'd be willing to help work a table at events like this a few times a year, but I haven't made rifleman (yet--maybe in March) and I won't be able to put in the time to become/be an instructor. So I don't know if that would work. If not, perhaps I can help in other ways.

THE GREATEST SHOOTING SHOW ON EARTH----

Each year, on the 4th weekend of August,  Ahlman's put on the greatest shooting show you'll ever see:  SHOOTER'S ROUNDUP.   Here's a brief list of what takes place:

FACTORY GUN TESTING...Nearly all the major gun companies set up test ranges where YOU can personally test fire their guns. Many offer free shooting, some charge for ammo.

EXOTIC GUN TESTING...Ever had the urge to shoot a machine gun, or a .50 cal? How about blasting a Chevy with a Browning A-4 or knock out one of Saddam's tanks with a 25 mm anti-tank gun?  You can do all this (legally) at Shooter's Roundup.

WILDERNESS HUNT...Our most popular event. You'll face 15 challenges that demand proficiency with shotgun, rifle, handgun, bow, knife (and a few others we toss in to keep you awake). Score high and win guns and other valuable prizes.

PRIZE HUNT...If you don't care for the physical demands of the wilderness hunt, try our prize hunt. Locate all 15 sites and qualify for valuable prizes.

OLD WEST MELODRAMA...You'll cry when Sweet Sally is gunned down. You'll gasp when cowboys fall from the rooftops. You'll applaud when the posse gets Black Bart. You'll love this half hour show with it's cast of 20. Two shows daily.

TRICK SHOOTING SHOW...This one hour show will put you on the edge of your chair as you stare in disbelief at the impossible shots done by our trick shooter. Famous name performers such as BILL OGLESBY, TOM KNAPP and JOHN SATTERWHITE will dazzle you with their performance.  One show daily.

SHOPPING FOR SHOOTING...There's over 150 vendors at Shooters Roundup for you to check out.  And...if you don't find what you're looking for, check out Ahlman's Gun Store which has over 3,000 guns on display.

WHAT'S IT COST?...Here's the good part. Admission is only $7. for both days. You won't find another show this side of the Mississippi that offers this much entertainment for only seven bucks. Of course, if you test fire every single gun, enter every contest and pork out at all the food stands, you can run up the tab a bit.  But...you'll have a blast doing it.

WHEN?...This year's event will be held Aug. 27 & 28.  Gates open at 9AM and close at 5. Be sure to come early because it takes all day to see everything. For more details, call us at (507) 685-4243 and we'll mail you a flyer.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

JustJeff

QuoteI'd be willing to help work a table at events like this a few times a year, but I haven't made rifleman (yet--maybe in March) and I won't be able to put in the time to become/be an instructor. So I don't know if that would work. If not, perhaps I can help in other ways.

Appleseed has a policy of "never turning down free help."  Everyone has different things to offer, some can offer a lot, whereas some can only offer a little.... The key is knowledge of the program along with a willingness to give even a little.  You just need to make sure that there are Instructors or IIT's manning the table with you.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Puma Mami

Quote from: JustJeff on January 23, 2011, 11:57:46 AM
QuoteI'd be willing to help work a table at events like this a few times a year, but I haven't made rifleman (yet--maybe in March) and I won't be able to put in the time to become/be an instructor. So I don't know if that would work. If not, perhaps I can help in other ways.

Appleseed has a policy of "never turning down free help."  Everyone has different things to offer, some can offer a lot, whereas some can only offer a little.... The key is knowledge of the program along with a willingness to give even a little.  You just need to make sure that there are Instructors or IIT's manning the table with you.

Thanks JustJeff  :)  Yes, I was figuring I would be the 2nd or 3rd person there, to chat and show that, yes, families and old married ladies do Appleseed, too.

I do need to learn more about the program. Probably reading the book and listening to the radio show will help.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

adamt

I found myself at Ahlmans a month ago to...... look at something. I handed the guy that helped me some tri-folds and what ever else i had in my car. They seemed fairly responsive. If you have never been down there it's worth the trip. They have a huge selection and neat store. There range is a small 2 or 3 lane job.

AdamT
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

vmt193

Exactly! Appleseed has a fine cadre of instructors, but we realize that everyone can't make that commitment. So we have what we call the "Apple Corps". Those are the folks that realize the urgency and feel the need to help carry on the mission, but at the same time don't require the glory, praise and adulation, that instructors have learned to accept as just part of the job.  **)

PM, we have a special hat just for you!

vmt

AFTERMATH

QuoteThose are the folks that realize the urgency and feel the need to help carry on the mission, but at the same time don't require the glory, praise and adulation, that instructors have learned to accept as just part of the job.
**) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on January 23, 2011, 01:30:03 PM

Thanks JustJeff  :)  Yes, I was figuring I would be the 2nd or 3rd person there, to chat and show that, yes, families and old married ladies do Appleseed, too.

I do need to learn more about the program. Probably reading the book and listening to the radio show will help.

Say, Puma Mami; how about officially joining up on the Metro Area 3-man team?
I'm sure Adam, Sparks, and Sven could use the help down there!  It's a lot of people to cover!
Responsibilities are pretty much laid-out in the first post; Adam and Sparks, fresh out of the AIBC, can probably get you up to speed.
Don't worry about being to only one shoot so far; you've got the energy/excitement and the heart of a Riflewoman!

Aftermath

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 09, 2011, 08:32:42 PM
I'm sure Adam, Sparks, and Sven could use the help down there!  It's a lot of people to cover!
Responsibilities are pretty much laid-out in the first post; Adam and Sparks, fresh out of the AIBC, can probably get you up to speed.
Don't worry about being to only one shoot so far; you've got the energy/excitement and the heart of a Riflewoman!

Aftermath

Thanks, Aftermath  :)

I will be glad to help the Metro Area 3-man team any way I can. I can't accept any formal leadership role, since there will be many times I won't be available due to my younger son's special needs, and my own allergy/asthma issues that flare up sometimes. But I will be very glad to help the team during the times I am available. So maybe that would be joining up to "help" the 3-man team rather than be "on the team"? Does that work?

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on February 11, 2011, 08:48:37 AM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 09, 2011, 08:32:42 PM

Aftermath

Thanks, Aftermath  :)

I will be glad to help the Metro Area 3-man team any way I can. I can't accept any formal leadership role, since there will be many times I won't be available due to my younger son's special needs, and my own allergy/asthma issues that flare up sometimes. But I will be very glad to help the team during the times I am available. So maybe that would be joining up to "help" the 3-man team rather than be "on the team"? Does that work?

Sounds good!  Get a hold of them folks and see what they're up to.

Whisker

I've been in contact with the Sportsman's Club of Brown County in Aberdeen, SD.  They have been considering an Appleseed but have tabled the decision until an Appleseed rep attends a board meeting.  Their next meeting is March 23.  Can anyone do it?
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

vmt193

How about offering one of them a "free" AS for April 16-17. Marshall is only 3 hours away.  :)

vmt

Whisker

Quote from: vmt193 on February 18, 2011, 02:13:15 PM
How about offering one of them a "free" AS for April 16-17. Marshall is only 3 hours away.  :)

vmt

Great idea.. Sent off the offer today. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

AFTERMATH

Has anyone been in contact with E.A. Brown, Co. ?

Email Addresses:
Order Status, Quotes, and To Check Stock: status@eabco.com
General Inquiries and Questions: sales@eabco.com
Phone and FAX Numbers:
Toll Free Order Line: 800-950-9088
Regular Phone Line: 320-834-3000
FAX Line: 320-834-3002

Mailing/Shipping Address:
E. Arthur Brown Company, Inc.
4088 County Road 40 NW
Garfield, MN 56332