News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Chambersburg, PA July 10-11, 2010

Started by Chainsaw, July 12, 2010, 12:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

A big thank you to the seven fine examples of humanity that graced the line at the Chambersburg Rod & Gun Club.  Amol, Mike, Chris/Lenny, Cory, Laura, Zac, and Becky are a wonderful group.  They all showed up ready to learn and try new things... very nice.

I'm really excited to announce that we were able to present three Rifleman patches!  It's a great story too.  Once second time Appleseeder Cory got his patch he proceeded to do it over and over again.  I'm pretty sure he did it with three different rifles.  Very impressive and that Orange Hat fits him just right!  :---

It gets better because he brought along his sister, first time shooter Laura, who after starting in the 160s had a string of targets 195, 202, 203, 200...  She did not give up and I was happy to turn over my last purple Mademoiselle Yotnottin memorial patch to her for a 210.

...so her son Zac got to dump some icy cold North Bridge water over her head.  Of course not to be outdone by his mom Zac shot a 211.  I looked really hard at that target for a point to drop so Laura could return the dousing, but alas, it was rock solid.

Very nice job by a nice family.

In a heart breaking turn of events, Mike shot a 192 with his last 35 rounds of 5.56 on the last AQT of the day.  That was a GREAT target... missing 5 little holes.  Next time Mike!

Tatical308's Pennsylvania Rifle and local history presentation was great!  He let anyone who wanted fire a shot.  Very cool.

Thanks to Cheeks, EZ3 and Tatical308 for making my job easy as pie.

- Chainsaw

PS   The Chambersburg Rod & Gun Club is one fine venue.   We had some blazing sun here in Pennsylvania this weekend.  It didn't matter.  The line was covered. Well covered. One attendee asked how they designed the roof so that it blocked the sun from every direction.  I'm sure attendance was light in part because of the fear of broiling July temps.  If every Appleseed was as comfortable we'd all get soft and mushy.

PPS  I hope everyone remembered to check for ticks.  I nabbed 3 of them.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

EZ3

As I was driving thru monsoon rains Friday evening on the way to Chambersburg, thoughts crossed my mind like "Is this really worth it?".  After all, there was the low preregistration, thunderstorms forecast, and a long "honey-do" list at home.

Saturday morning dawned overcast, but no rain.  The day rapidly blossomed into a gorgeous, if somewhat warm, summer day.  The students were all very safety-conscious, teachable, and persistent.  Tactical308 took the instructors on a tour of Fort Loudon after the class wrapped for the day (thanks again). Then there was a fireworks display across the road from the motel.

Sunday was another beautiful day, with the students relentlessly pursuing their Rifleman patches, and getting closer, and closer... 

Three out of seven shot to Rifleman standard over the weekend.  What are the odds on that?  And all related?  What a great bunch of people to spend the weekend with, students and instructors both!  Thanks to all of you, it was "worth it".

Cory  made Rifleman Saturday

A four minute AQT

Stage one 1775 style

Shades of Parker's Revenge

Persistence pays for Laura

Oooooo!  That North Bridge water is COLD!

The third strike of the match, Zak makes Rifleman

What Appleseed is about

Cory looks good in orange

What a GREAT weekend!

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

coupleofriends

Thanks for all the great instruction. I had a great time and really enjoyed the history breaks. Hope to return with others. Great range thanks to Tactical308 for use of his ruger with scope.
Thanks again see ya at future events
Chris/Lenny