News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lewiston, Idaho 8 & 9 May 2010,

Started by Earl, May 09, 2010, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Mother's Day Weekend

Ten on the RWVA Applehseed Crew
Ten shooters on the line  11 preregistered

Saturday Rifleman Seth

Sunday Riflemen  Bob, Bake, Emily

... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

hawkhavn

Fine looking crew you have there sir!
Go get 'em tomorrow.
Please say 'hi' to everyone for me.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Evenstar

Here's some photos from the first day. Had so many pictures on the camera I had to dump it last night. I'll get some more today...
Earl got a lot more pictures of the line since he was shoot boss. **) ::)
~ES
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Earl

That link isn't a link, it is embedded code, but I was so tired I have no excuse. Thank you Western Rose and Evenstar for the pictures and correct link.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Ishy

Quote from: Western Rose on May 09, 2010, 10:06:18 AM

That link doesn't work.... Try just this part: http://www.youtube.com/v/hTKdO9tjWPo&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Love the video!  Did you take it, WR?  Awesome pictures, Evenstar.   ;)  I wish I were Appleseeding in Lewiston on Mother's Day...LOL.
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Western Rose

Quote from: Ishy on May 09, 2010, 08:05:01 PM
Quote from: Western Rose on May 09, 2010, 10:06:18 AM

That link doesn't work.... Try just this part: http://www.youtube.com/v/hTKdO9tjWPo&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Love the video!  Did you take it, WR?  Awesome pictures, Evenstar.   ;)  I wish I were Appleseeding in Lewiston on Mother's Day...LOL.

No, it was part of the "embedded code" that Earl posted.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Evenstar

Nothing quite like the satisfaction you get after a really good shoot. :) Congrats to our new riflemen, and GO EMILY!!! ^:)^ Glad you took the orange hat and joined our Idaho/Washington ranks! Here's a bunch more pictures. Still looking forward to yours, Earl!

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Leftey

Hello! I'm Leftey( Earl and Western Rose I bet you guys are happy about my name) The shoot was awesome!!!!!!!  ;D

Leftey

Quote from: Evenstar on May 09, 2010, 09:37:19 AM
Here's some photos from the first day. Had so many pictures on the camera I had to dump it last night. I'll get some more today...
Earl got a lot more pictures of the line since he was shoot boss. **) ::)
~ES
WHO took that picture of me petting the dog?! Couldn't you have waited till my eyes were open?!

Western Rose

LEFTEY!!!!!!!! Hey you! I'm happy about your name! There's a story behind it! 8)

Now, I'm going to have to add you to the "Idaho Instructor" list! O0 :cool2:

Have you taken your orange hat off yet? ;D

Putt is the pup's name. I'm not sure how to spell it. I'm sure if Bake get's on he'll correct us on that.

50th Appleseed

Evenstar

*raises hand* Um, me, Leftey? I mainly took that picture for Still Learnin's facial expression. **)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Reformed Redneck

Friends,

Had a great weekend at this shoot in Lewiston (Lapwai).

Got to know another group of reemerging Americans who wanted to learn how to shoot their rifles to Rifleman status. They were a well motivated group. They all hung in there through the Saturday technique instruction, and kept on persevering ("a Rifleman perseveres") through the AQT shooting on Sunday. It was really satisfying to watch as they improved. As mentioned above, we ended up with some new Riflemen/Riflewomen, with a number of others truly knocking on the door. Those that didn't quite get there this time were sent off with a plan to do some homework until the next opportunity. Everyone seemed genuinely interested in the history, and this is especially important. The love of liberty springs forth from a source other than simply learning to shoot well.

What a great group of instructors to work with. At this point, most of us have worked together at more than one shoot, and the camaraderie and cohesion is a wonderful thing. We had an excellent instructor/shooter ratio, and the one on one time spent with the shooters paid very good dividends.

The folks at the Lewis Clark Wildlife Range did a great job of hosting and helping us out. They are a group of very hospitable hosts and courteous to boot! They are looking for holes in their range schedule to add some additional Appleseeds on top of the ones we already have on the schedule.

Looking foreward to seeing you all again before long.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

tdow

It may have been a small shoot, but we made up for it with a dedicated and persevering group of shooters.

Woody- I could tell that things were starting to click there.  A bit of dry fire will shrink your groups the rest of the way.
Sharon- You are a quick study.  Good job.  Impressive work.
Jamie- The last redcoat was outstanding.  A huge improvement over the weekend.
Don- Great attitude.  We'll have to set a shoot up closer for you  ;)
Mike- Thanks for bringing out such a fantastic group.  We enjoyed having you.
Bob- Please don't be so hard on yourself- you're making the instructors feel like we need to spend more time improving our shooting when you complain about your 4 MOA standing groups.
Bake- Way to show the battle rifle that you're still a Rifleman.
Seth- Nice work.  Time for an orange hat, huh?
James- I hope you'll make it back for a full weekend next time.  It was nice having you out.
Emily- I don't know why you kept coming back time after time.  I guess a Rifleman persists.  I'm sure proud of you.

Instructors- you know who you are.  It was a blast "working" with you all.  Everyone did very well, except Earl doesn't talk enough  :) 

TruTenacity

I can't think of any better place to spend Mother's Day than on the range working with a great team and instructing a group of teachable and hardworking shooters.  Watching the shooters gulp down the information, sort it out in their heads, get the feel of it in their bodies, and see the progressive results down range on paper over a grueling two days is something to behold.  You all are to be applauded.

• For those who made Rifleman:  Great accomplishment!
  • For those knocking on the door:  Persist!!!
  • For those a bit frustrated for various reasons:  Take a deep breath, evaluate without being too hard on yourselves, and persist as well.

To the "Not-So-Talkative" Shoot Boss, Instructors crew, and shooters: Hope to see you back at the range soon.  
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

What a great weekend!

The shooters were awesome, took all the instruction in and promptly put it into practice. :cool2: O0

The instructors did such a good job that I wasn't needed, so I had fun shooting. 8) Well, I actually had fun instructing Saturday and being part time shooter/part time instructor on Sunday. Thanks guys!

Leftey congratulations on joining the Idaho instructor team!!

A hearty "well done" to all of our shooters, Rifleman and Instructors!!!

Mom (TruTenacity) GREAT job on IMC!

50th Appleseed

TruTenacity

Western Rose is a persistent young lady who loves to set goals for herself.  What has been her latest goal?  Learning to shoot left handed.  After months of dry practicing left handed she finally got herself on the mat yesterday with her tube fed Marlin pointing downrange.  How did she do?  Well, being persistent paid off and after a number of tries she shot a Rifleman's score.  Good job WR!

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Earl

Some of what I saw on Saturday :cool2::

Woody works on Third Stage AQT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t3oDrn34No

Dan and Bob (and the entire firing line) work on prone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlzJW1Loec

Earl

Now, more of what I saw, Sunday:

Ishy

Quote from: TruTenacity on May 10, 2010, 01:03:22 PM
Western Rose is a persistent young lady who loves to set goals for herself.  What has been her latest goal?  Learning to shoot left handed.  After months of dry practicing left handed she finally got herself on the mat yesterday with her tube fed Marlin pointing downrange.  How did she do?  Well, being persistent paid off and after a number of tries she shot a Rifleman's score.  Good job WR!

Good grief WR!  What a goal!   :D  Congratulations!   O0
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Reformed Redneck

Hey!

Did you all see that Red Hat demonstrating a new sling technique? I've not seen that one before. Could anyone explain the steady hold factors?...

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Evenstar

Quote from: Reformed Redneck on May 11, 2010, 08:14:41 PM
Hey!

Did you all see that Red Hat demonstrating a new sling technique? I've not seen that one before. Could anyone explain the steady hold factors?...
**) **) Did he do that on purpose?!?!!? :o

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Earl

Of course it was done a'purpose. Looking higher at other pictures you will see the same shooter slung up properly, with the same rifle.  ::) He could have been practicing for one of those other kinds of competitions where they don't allow sling use in off hand, he is just not the type to make a mistake and wasn't teaching, demonstrating nor posing for the photographer. Nope, he knew what he was doing and he certainly knows why... he just isn't sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vL8n8YfJVE Speaking of Red Hats that do things on purpose, this should be a video of Western Rose and Left Handed prone.

patronus of licentia

Thanks to all who made this another enjoyable shoot. Shooter and instructors alike. It was great to see all the different skill levels at the start. A lot of you were able to put what we preach into practice right away, and see the benefits. Others will be spending some time working at home or at their home range making it all come together. Remember a Rifleman perseveres. You all proved that even if you were not hitting rifleman yet you will be soon. See you all soon.

Mike
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others?"
Thomas Jefferson

tdow

Quote from: Evenstar on May 11, 2010, 08:22:50 PM
Quote from: Reformed Redneck on May 11, 2010, 08:14:41 PM
Hey!

**) **) Did he do that on purpose?!?!!? :o

We were in prep and I saw my rifle just sitting there so I picked it up and rolled with it like it was.  I haven't decided whether or not I like using a sling in standing- I've been going back and forth with similar results either way.  Either way, I would rather not have the thing dangling like that.  Let's just say there were a lot of things that I could have done better that I didn't (like having it zeroed)  :-[