News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wabash Indiana 17-18 2010

Started by yellowhousejake, April 18, 2010, 09:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

What a great shoot! 18 Patriots on the line for blustery Saturday, and a beautiful Sunday. Perfect weather for our shooters to learn about our heritage and discover their sleeping Riflemen within.

We saw some good shooting Saturday right off the bat with excellent groups and well sighted rifles, our jobs as instructors would be easy this weekend. Everyone was ready to perform, attentive, patient, and persistent. We started out with our Redcoats, got our scores, fired our first squares and went right into learning the fundamentals. By the end of the day Saturday we had marked improvement all along the line.  We enjoyed the three strikes and a fantastic Liberty volley. Solemn as the occasion was,  our shooters did us proud with 13 shots all in near perfect synchronization. Any color guard would have raised eyebrows at the sound.

We finished the day with our first AQT of the weekend and the scores looked promising for Patches on Sunday. Again, I was given the chance to gain some cardio racing Amber and Megan to the target line, and again I won, even with a rematch  :D I don't think my winning streak will last much longer though. Mudcat, you better bring track shoes the next time you see those girls on the line, they are getting FAST! Fine young ladies who with new untested rifles and no slings, persisted and shot good groups regardless of the obstacles.  Always smiling, a joy to have around.

Sunday morning brought a wonderful day with warm temps and a break from the high winds, perfect for shooting AQTs and hearing the story of dangerous old men and women. We shot a few practice squares and jumped right on the AQT anvil and started working to hammer out Riflemen. We were not disappointed as we gave out no less than four patches and one orange hat.

Greg, Don, Kody, and Katelyn, you proved your mettle and earned your patches. Congratulations. Kody... sick, tired, and fighting a bad cough, PERSISTED and shot a 219 taking not only a patch, but an Orange hat as well. You will be a great IIT. I look forward to working with you.

Dom, Josh, Robbie, and Ian. Un-tested rifles and a brand new shooters, did not complain, made no excuses, stayed on the line accepting every challenge. Fine young men, Dom should be proud of them. I hope to see them on the line again.

Teri, unable to shoot prone, had to use the sitting position to shoot stage 3 and 4 all weekend and shoot she did. I would not be surprised if she gets a Rifleman score without going prone one day, it will raise the bar for us all  O0  Mike and Diane, what can I say, on the far end of the line, always with perfect form, perfect positions, and a quiet resolve. Your pictures will serve as a example of what a stage 4 shooting position SHOULD look like. Mike, you gotta admire a bolt gun shooter. Even with "jack in the box" magazines throwing ammunition like popcorn, stuck with it and shot some great scores.

Thanks to all who came and shared the weekend with us, and thanks to my great instructor crew who made me, look good. Tracerfire, Littlerck, DH and Jennifer. You make being Shoot Boss easy.

Yellowhousejake.

PS, as soon as I get the pictures off my camera, I will get them posted in the thread.
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Pictures are in,

Shooters to the line!

Shooting like a girl... IF you can

This is the face of determination!

When you have the perfect stance, everyone knows it.

Liberty Volley, these folks were shooters!

Fashion IS important in Appleseed.  ;)

Kody, earning his score.

First Rifleman!

Katelyn's reward for a perfect 210

See... the stage 1 target is the same size at 100 as the stage 4 was at 25...

I am sorry to say that the group picture did not survive my beat up camera. I also did not get the other rifleman pics either. I will get a new camera for my next Appleseed.

Any shooters with pictures feel free to post them up!

YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ