News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After Action Report for Lewiston, ID 3-4 April 2010

Started by Earl, April 02, 2010, 09:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Building the place to add all that happens in Lewiston, Idaho the Appleseed weekend of 3-4 April 2010.

Change batteries in camera, pack laptop computer after posting this, pack gear into Caravan.  :cool2:

3 April -- After a sound sleep at Reformed Redneck and TruTenacity's home we went to the range and set up and met the shooters and range host support. Registration went well, introduction to the Appleseed crew, Safety Rules, six steps for clearing the rifles, line commands, misfires and what we would be trying to accomplish in marksmanship and honoring our traditions. With dedication and perseverance the Instructor crew and the shooters braved a bit of mud, hail, snowflakes, sleet, rain and gusts of wind mixed with peeks of sunshine fine Idaho Spring weather. Morning redcoat 1 400, 3 300, 4 200, and 4 100, 5 headshots.

Presentation of instruction and demonstrations went well, the shooters started grouping early and went right into MIC, sight adjustments and drills. Lots of good shooting by the shooters, First and Second strikes around lunch, more drills and two AQTs and a redcoat in the afternoon. The afternoon redcoat was 2 400, 5 300, 3 200, 2 100 and 4 headshots. Packed everyone and their rifles off safely and closed the range down and left about 5:30, just before the six o'clock lockup. There are four new Riflemen:John "Dave" Turner 215, Mike Munch 223 & 231, Ethan Gilliam 215, Heather Cernik 216 and two accepting the orange IIT cap: Mike Munch and Heather Cernik. There are pictures in the camera, and even some video - one of young Ty shooting a righthanded bolt action and being left handed, so was his father.

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2010/04/you-know-that-good-tired-really-good.html

Now, Monday morning, 10:16 AM PDST, my modifications of this are done, the link is to my blog posting, two videos and one picture of the Appleseed crew, thank you very much.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

drumhead

Thank you for coming to Lewiston. We had A great time and learned alot. You and your crew did an outstanding job. My brother and I are better shots now because of it. hope to make the next one.
                                                                     Thanks
                                                                       Dave

tdow

Congrats to all the new Riflemen.  Mike, this has been a long time coming for you.  I'm glad to see you got your Orange Hat as well.

Heather.  Not bad for your 2nd AS as a shooter.  Now back to coaching!

Of course you guys had a top notch set of instructors  O0

Evenstar

Thank you Todd. I very much enjoyed this shoot. We got to a lot of AQTs and my high score of the weekend (or ever) is 230. Back to coaching? YES! The very best part.  ^-^ Or close to.  ;)
P.S. @Earl: We DO want you back as SB you know...
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

We have a Rifleman who shot a 245 at his FIRST Appleseed on the FIRST AQT of the second day! That would be his THIRD AQT EVER!

Awesome group of shooters!!! :cool2: Lots of Rifleman. Lots of fun. 

My red hat is no longer lonely in this house... :D O0

5 Rifleman....5 Instructors of different levels....7 (immediate) family members...2 to go.

Just after we broke for lunch on Sunday, we heard "Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!!!!!" We all looked around trying to figure out where it came from. At first we thought it was Earl's camera and that he had had a video and was listening to it. Then we heard doors closing and a vehicle driving off. Thanks Troy and Ty. It was great having you guys on the line. 8)

More later....
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Crusty

Earl, Reformed Redneck and Crew,

Thank you!  My brother Drum Head and I had a great time this weekend honing our rifle skills and learning a little more about how this great country came to be.  Please thank everyone for me for all of the hard work making this event so successful this Easter weekend!  We hope to see you all again real soon.

Best Regards,
Crusty
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto

akjaeger

My wife, Wendi and I had a great time and learned a lot.
To the coaches, thanks for your hard work and patience.
Brent

Reformed Redneck

To all the newbies who posted here:

We really enjoyed instructing you all this past weekend. Your group seemed to learn more quickly than almost any I can remember in the last four years I have been involved in the program. It is very gratifying to see folks really catching on to the instruction we offer.

I sincerely hope to see you all on the Rifleman Trail again soon. A number of you are very close to making your Rifleman patch, and only need to devote some practice time and try again. Remember, a rifleman persists! Don't forget the Seventh Step: tell your friends, neighbors and relatives about what you learned in terms of shooting skills and American history. We desperately need a rejuvenated, re-energized American citizenry.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

T3

A very enjoyable Sunday (my only day of attendance) with a massively favorable instructor/student ratio. Thanks to the dedicated RWVA coaches and the Lewis Clark Wildlife Club for the privilege of using their range.

An enlightening program with tangible results. I am encouraging anyone who'll listen to pursue the Rifleman goal.

Tom

patronus of licentia

Just wanted to say thanks to all the instructors for the donation of there time and energy. Also Lewis and Clark range was wonderful to have covered firing line during the wonderful spring weather. It felt really good finally getting that patch and I can't wait to start helping others on that road. The best part of the weekend to me was to see an entire family of Appleseed instructors, mine are a little young yet but I am sure once they get a little more experience and, muscle they will be right there helping me win this country back one rifleman at a time. Thanks again for the wonderful memories and I will see some of you in a couple weeks.

Mike
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others?"
Thomas Jefferson

Western Rose

Sunday April 4th

Here's some numbers for you!

We started out with 7 shooters, one of whom came as a Sunday only shooters.

The Morning Redcoat “scored” as following:
400: 2
300: 2
200: 0
100: 2
HS: 2

We shot 10 AQTs on Sunday and 6 of our 7 shooters were shooting Rifleman scores all day long if not for their first time.
Dave (drumhead) scored his Rifleman of 215 on one of the two AQTs on Saturday. He shot a 211 on Sunday as a follow up; again it was with his tube fed rifle. That is a great achievement.
Heather (evenstar) followed up on her Rifleman score with 215, 228, 222, 230, 216, 225, and a 217.
Troy shot his first Rifleman score at his first Appleseed shoot on the first AQT of Sunday. It was a 245. I believe he shot another rifleman score Sunday but I don’t have the number.
Tom (T3) shot his first Rifleman score on Sunday and it was a 216!
Botts (Crusty) shot a Rifleman score of 221 on Sunday!
Justin, our 7th shooter on Sunday was knocking on the door with a 207.

The afternoon Redcoat with 3 shooters looked like this:
400: 1
300: 0
200: 1
100: 1
HS: 1

The round count for the whole weekend was around 650.

Troy and his son Ty had to leave at lunch to make their way back to their home. Drumhead and Crusty left an hour or two later. Tom, Justin and Heather stayed until the range was picked up which was around 4:00. Everyone was dog tired.

Mike (patronus of licentia), it was wonderful to see you again. Thanks for coming! I’m looking forward to seeing you and your kids up at the Coeur d’Alene shoot. You shot very well and your scores were great. Can’t wait to work a shoot with you!
Ethan, good job on the 215. Thanks for listening and putting into practice what we were telling you to do. You had a great attitude. Shooting a Rifleman score without a sling is a difficult thing. Get a sling on that rifle and I’ll bet your scores go up.
Tanner, you were doing GREAT! A tube fed leaver action WITHOUT a sling!!! See you around!
Ty, shooting left-handed with a right-handed bolt action! You did wonderfully all weekend long. I’m sure you will join your Dad soon as a Rifleman. 

In summery:
We got in 10 AQTs on Sunday. A total of 12 AQTs at this shoot.
4 Rifleman on Saturday and 3 Rifleman on Sunday.
We had at least one aced Stage 1. We had Stage 4 cleared on at least one AQT and Stage 2 cleared on more than one. I can’t recall if we had anyone clear Stage 3 or not.
Great group of shooters… Wait, did I say that already?? Oh well, it’s worth saying again, GREAT group of shooters!!!

All instructors, I cannot wait to instruct alongside ya’ll again soon.
Dad (Reformed Redneck) Congratulations on the RED hat!!!!!!!!

Shooters, I can’t wait to see you on the line with your friends and families again. It was a wonderful weekend. You guys are amazing.

Sadly, I didn’t get very many pictures, so Earl has the only pictures of the weekend.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Earl

Pictures?
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Evenstar

First, I would like to thank all the Instructors/IITs for all their help over the past few months. Their help is what got me on this road, and past the first marker. Now the real fun (and work) begins.  ^:)^ I can't wait for the CdA shoot next weekend.

I really liked putting two AQTs up at once. It took away that factor of going and pulling your first target and thinking it is really bad, and you start thinking you can't do better.  ::)

I was very impressed by a lot of the shooters this time. Especially those who were shooting tube-feds, rifles with no slings, left-handers shooting right-handed bolt actions, etc. You all were amazing.  :---

I'm looking forward to working the line with you all!  :cool2:

~ES
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Earl

Third try pictures...

There is a mistake on the title of Troy gets his Rifleman, the score was 245, just boggles my mind.

Earl

Pictures again...

Earl

Pictures of note...

Earl

pictures

Earl