News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladies Only Shoot - Lobelville, TN March 20 & 21, 2010

Started by Big Papa, March 22, 2010, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa

We had a wonderful shoot with a group of wonderful ladies in Lobelville this weekend.  O0 O0 Saturday started out a little cool but warmed up to be a nice day. Sunday, well, when I left the range at dark, it was 40 degrees and raining. >:( The good news about the weather, It waited till Monday morning to start snowing.
Thanks to Bubba and Sarah for opening up their yard, house and farm to the whole group! (Even with all the mud we tracked in!)
Thanks to Dinky and Nurse Ratchet for driving 9 hours each way to be with us.
Remember the next shoot on April 17 & 18. Sign up early!
Thank you ladies for taking time from your schedules to come!
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

Big Mama

What a great group of ladies.  You are all very special.  We made alot of new friends and we invite you all to return to another shoot.  You will have the edge over some of the men who may be attending for the first time.  Thank you to Bubba and Sarah.  What a wonderful couple.  This family opened their home to a group of wet, muddy booted women who were hungry, thirsty and down right cold.  We will never find enough good words to say about Bubba and Sarah.  I also want to thank Dinky and Ratchet for being with us.  It was great to finally meet you.

Big Mama

P.S. Papa, what's for supper?  Yes, even though he can score a 250 on an AQT, he still has to cook.

sarah stewart

That was funny, Big Mama. In spite of the rain, we enjoyed the weekend. As I looked out over that group of women and girls on the line I was so proud to see them there. It really is quite a remarkable endeavor that Appleseed has undertaken. The group may have been small compared to the big splash of having a full line with record numbers of new scoring Rifleman, but that does not effect us when we appreciate the power of a mom being tuned in for the first time in her life as to the value of raising confident, carefully trained young men and women in the area of firearms. Yes, it was a rewarding weekend. Thank-you Appleseed.
  Our instructors- well, each one is so different and their contributions are equally significent.
  Big Papa runs the joint like he's done this all of his life. Big Mama is everyone's cheer leader. When I know she is coming, I know several students are in for some special tutoring.
  Dinky- my husband and I met and thoroughly enjoyed. She is an excellent teacher. As IIT's, Bubba and I benefitted from listening to her.
There was not a moment wasted while the rain poured. These folks burn it at both ends! I silently slunk off to bed and left them all up debating "who knows what" by then.
  Nurse Rachet- She is sweet and helpful, but she too has an opinion when the topics get hot, she is just too polite to interrupt. We really appreciate her and Dinky coming so far on behalf of these women and girls.
  "Jeremy- If you ever need adopting, Bubba and I will put in a bid."
Sincere thanks to everyone in Appleseed for making it happen, Sarah Stewart

MamaBear

Dang, y'all- makes me wanna drive all the way down to TN to see Big Papa again and to meet his lovely bride Big Mama (I have heard lots about her :) )  After all, I DO have a soft place in my heart for Big Papa- he was my main instructor at the Osage Beach shoot in 2008 and made me feel like I was the only shooter on the line.  I'm sure his wife is just as nurturing- can't wait to meet Big Mama!  O0
MisterAnderson and I have been talking about when a drive down might be possible! 
Glad to hear the Women's shoot went well- I think these can do nothing but GOOD for our program!  O0 O0

Kori
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane