News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI March 13/14th A.A.R.

Started by Deacon, March 15, 2010, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon

Thanks to all the shooters who braved the weather and came out to Racine County Line Rifle Club.

11 Shooters braved the wind (15-25mph gusts), rain, and cold to learn about marksmanship and their heritage on Saturday.  The weather was certainly a challenge and created many obstacles in the persuit of the Rifleman score.  Jim Williams pushed through the cold and I was able to hand him his new Rifleman patch......I think we all felt better at that point!

Sunday ended up to be a great day when the sun finally came out.  We had 4 shooters that worked really hard at the AQT and several are not only knocking on the door, they may just kick it in!

We also had 2 of the shooters go to the 600 yard range and see how all the hard work at 25 meters really does work out that far.

Thank you to everyone for working so hard at making another great Appleseed.  
Thank you to all the instructors: Mogget, Pappy, JoeZ, Endpoint, D.O.M., Colorado, Gumballheadfor thier time away from their families and thier hard work on the line.
Thank you to all the Range Safety Officers from the Racine County Line Rifle Club for spending their weekend with us and sharing their equipment and expertise at the 600 yard range.

Great job shooters!

Deacon

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Muskyjerk

Garand69

Sounds like a lot of fun! You were all able to kept Pappy in line I hope, We have been working on him a bit LOL
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

WHAT a great event!!!! Thanks to our host the Racine County Line Rifle Club, Thank you for your Generous hospitality. To the fellows who helped on the 600 range, Who Spotted, Who pulled and WHO directed the Seeders where and when to pull the target. A GREAT place to Appleseed!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
There should be a few photos to be Posted...

Much can be said about the persistance of a Rifleman, the proof is when it is bitter out and the crew shows up ready to go!!!!

Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

jnm1

Both me and my girlfriend had a great time at this Appleseed shoot.  We both learned a lot, even me being an avid shooter.
I didn't get a Rifleman's score like I had hoped for, but that just means I will have to try again. O0

Saturday was still a good day even though the weather was against us all.  8 hours of shooting in the cold rain, beats 20 hours on a horse in the nicest weather any day. :D
I'd like to thank all of the helpful instructors, and the generosity of the instructors and the RCLRC members for lending their time, equipment and even some ammo.
I may have to try my next Appleseed at the Lodi range, maybe we will see some of you there.

Hammer

Cindy and I had a great time at the shoot despite Mother Nature.  I cannot thank the instructors enough for their teacher's hearts, giving spirit and patience - to first overcome an unknown faulty trigger job, and then loaning of two of their own rifles trying to overcome a dominant eye issue...  We regret not being able to come on Sunday, but will be back to Waterman, IL and most likely Racine bringing kids and others....  I will say on Sunday I felt like i had ridden that darn horse for 20 hours... :o  Thanks as well to the folks at the RCLRC range for their hospitality, they should be proud of their facilities.  See you soon. Jim
"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."  - Thomas Jefferson

Pappy

Great Pic`s that UPload Quickly on dial up  THANKS JP
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

AFTERMATH

Ahh...  Blue skies, dry ground, no snow!  Looks like hot and balmy Wisconsin.  'The Riviera of the North'
A great range too!  I recall Mr. Pappy handing me patch the same weekend, the same place, just one year ago.
Just goes to show.  When you set yourself up for success; success is sure to follow!
As long as you persist!

Great job all!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Gumballhead

Quote from: Muskyjerk on March 15, 2010, 02:14:53 PM
Tag for Pictures

O0

Got a couple...both from in the pits.  What a great view out the back!  And I hijacked muskyjerk's photo from another place.

As most have said, we had a great shoot.  Much to be said about the dedication of the shooters who come to an Appleseed.  Saturday was cold, windy, wet, and not too much sun.  Still, we had a good sized line, and everyone was working hard to make their hits.  The mud in WI is easier to work with than the mud in IL.  I didn't get stuck in any ankle-deep muck this time around!  I was glad to see the progress of the group, and I'm sure I'll see you again on the trail.

Old Glory!

WOW! What a PREMIER location for Appleseed!  No wonder this is such a popular range for Appleseed.
Thanks to everyone at the RCLRC for your hospitality and support of Appleseed.

Gumballhead,  Thanks for the pics.  Good perspective from the pits!   That blue water; one of my favorite Wisconsin resources.  Wisconsin Appleseed; another favorite resource.

Hammer, jnm1, welcome!  Hope to see more of you. 

Thanks to everyone for another successful Wisconsin Appleseed!  
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

EEL

I wanted to get up there on Sun.  Racine IS such a great place to shoot.  However after over 26 hrs in the van coming back from WSMR @ 0130 hrs Sunday.....just couldn't do it.  Yeah, I know I'm slackin'  &)   &)

Glad to see it all went well.  Wisc....you guys rock  O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

endpoint

Looks like I got waist deep in two great organizations!  Appleseed and RCLRC!  O0 

Deacon, great job running a fun shoot on what could have been a rough Saturday.  Lot's of smiles, lots of shooter improvement, and a new Rifleman! ^:)^  Congrats!

Mogget, JoeZ, Pappy, D.O.M., Gumballhead, Colorado, it's an honor working with you folks.  I'll see you on the trail!

Shooters!  Thank you for a fantastic weekend!  You are what make Appleseed great!  Americans willing to get off the couch and work at something hard, to better themselves, in less than ideal circumstances.  It's an honor to be a part of that as well.  Hope to see you all at future Appleseeds :)

EEL, sorry you couldn't make it!  Probably best after twenty-six hours though.  At least it wasn't on a horse....  :P    I look forward to working with you at one of the other shoots this year.   :~

Endpoint

Pappy

Hello Group; So who wants to sign up for the next Racine Appleseed???? Lotsa room and a GREAT Distance range!!!
Camping on site great Hosts and location, You will be OH BOY sorry if you miss the next event. Pappy

Gumballhead

Quote from: endpoint on March 17, 2010, 06:45:06 PM

EEL, sorry you couldn't make it!  Probably best after twenty-six hours though.  At least it wasn't on a horse....  :P    I look forward to working with you at one of the other shoots this year.   :~

Endpoint

ON A HORSE!  Twenty Miles... ~~:)

Gumballhead

Quote from: Pappy on March 17, 2010, 07:23:39 PM
Hello Group; So who wants to sign up for the next Racine Appleseed???? Lotsa room and a GREAT Distance range!!!
Camping on site great Hosts and location, You will be OH BOY sorry if you miss the next event. Pappy

Me! Me!  Count me in.  You guys gotta check out that 600 yard range.  Just beeautiffuulll!

dragonfly

ON A HORSE!  Twenty Miles... ~~:)
[/quote]

20 miles in a blinding blizzard, But remember he was wearing his heavy riding coat. 8) O0

D-fly @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Pappy

GREAT PHOTOS of the targets from the pullers perspective, Interesting noise as them pellets travel past......... Pappy

COLORADO

Good times had by all. The wind on Saturday was a little brisk, nothing goretex couldn't handle.

Deacon great job hosting this enjoyable shoot. I was a little nervous as this was my first shoot of the year. I quickly found out that there was no need to worry, I was in good company. 

I continue to be impressed with the Appleseed Project, the dedication of the instructors and shooters is unsurpassed.

COLORADO