News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, Pennsylvania. February 20-21, 2010 (AAR)

Started by Josey Wales, February 23, 2010, 12:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..Shoot Boss & Instructor - Chainsaw
..RSO-IIT2 - Big H, advanced to IIT 3
..RSO-IIT2 - Josey Wales, advanced to IIT3
    Elstonville Sportsman's Association is a DAR site. Shoots are monthly and attendance varies from month to month. This weekend we had two shooters. Clint and Dan, two young men with shooting experience but came with a willingness to learn. After me, Chainsaw and Big H shoveled snow and built the line we were ready to instruct. Clint and Dan picked up the skills fast and we were on our way. By Saturday afternoon the younger of the two Dan, shot his first AQT stage by stage and scored a 217, whamo his first AQT. We worked with these fine young men all weekend and by Sunday Clint was in the range of 190's to 202's. Hope he will return to pick up where we left off, I hope both of them come back and help bail bucket by bucket. The moral of this story is there is no AS that is to small in attendance. If we must change our homeland one Rifleman at a time than that is what we will do.
    Chainsaw is an Instructor of high caliber. Big H is intelligent and a fine RSO, Big H told some fine History lessons. I got to tell The Dangerous Old Men Tale and it felt great. The weather was fine for February. The Temperature held at 38-40 degrees, the wind was at 8-10 mph, and the sky was blue and the sun was strong. A fine weekend indeed. It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with such fine men who know what they are about.
........I will post pictures soon...............Strength & Honor..........Josey Wales...............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

..some photos..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Nice job guys,
   Yes, you are right, if only one or two riflemen at a time, it's all good.
Congratulations on your upgrade Nick, keep up the good work, I look forward to working with you again. sgtrock

Big H

Thanks to Shoot Boss Chainsaw and fellow IIT Josey Wales for a well-run shoot. Walking around was difficult due to a foot of heavy snow on the ground. But the sky was blue, the sun was shining, and we had 2 persistent shooters who heard of Appleseed from Masad Ayoub's blog. After drinking from the AS firehose, their improvement from the first Saturday morning Redcoats was noticeable. 100-yard sighters showed that Steady Hold Factors at 25 meters also work at Full Distance. Dan shot Rifleman on his first AQT, and Clint will shoot Rifleman with a little more practice. Well done!

Chainsaw

Thanks for your help Big H and Josey Wales.  Great Job.

Lightly attended, but unbelievable February weather at a fine DAR.

Clint and Dan have a great grasp of the fundamentals.  Excellent.  It's a pleasure instructing attentive students.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

ItsanSKS

Quoteand we had 2 persistent shooters who heard of Appleseed from Masad Ayoub's blog.

OUTSTANDING!   

I knew having Mr. Ayoob do a writeup on us here in FL would spread the word nation-wide.  Glad to get the feedback!

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."