News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gunnison CO, Sept 19 & 20

Started by Long Rifle, September 25, 2009, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

The Gunnison area is a beautiful part of Colorado. Six shooters attended. One drove 120 miles everyday to shoot.

The Gunnison Sportmens Association generously gave us the use of a private bay for the event. Thanks for making us feel welcome GSA!

Buckling down and shooting those Redcoats.

First two groups after the Redcoat.

Flying the Appleseed colors.

Thanks to everyone for a great shoot.

Hats off to Al Smith for working super hard to fill these events.

Tell your friends and family about the next event Oct. 3 /4 & 24/25. Come learn about your Heritage and improve your Marksmanship skills.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

TaosGlock

Wow! And yet another great CO Appleseed!
The groups on those squares sure show some improvement!
Way to go Colorado!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

al smith

Thanks very much to all the instructors who turned out to support the first event at the Gunnison Sportmen's Association Range.  Thanks especially to Alan J --Shoot Boss for running a good, safe, creative event.  Through rain, wind sun and spectacular rainbows..we persisted. 

By the end of the event we were shooting better and our knowledge of the founders was much improved.  If we can spread the word we can build more riflemen, teach more history and respect for our founders, and SAVE America.  Come on out.  It's Great to be an active American.

Watch for future events open only to Appleseeders.....
al smith

esaabye

Thanks for the great weekend, see you all next time.  I am planning on Brighton for 1 day, already think I have 1 or 2 others coming as well.

I expect to see some better rugs next time, I hated to shame you all with my fancy carpet...

Al, if you have access to the artical in the paper can you post a copy, could not bring myself to pay $10 to see it.

Thanks all...

Eric

al smith

I'll get it erik.  Man the pressure is on ... That was ONE FANCY MAT!   

Thanks for coming out, PERSISTING and knocking on the door of rifleman.  The more I read of our founding fathers, the more I feel like we are blessed to be able to walk in their shoes and try to shoot as good as them with our modern equipment...

One more shoot before we settle down to winter up here..   AHHHH, no mosquitos!

Take care riflemen.  It is an honor to shoot with you.

al smith
roaster/appleseeder
al smith