News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GPS Coord's for Canton/Minerva

Started by Gordon, October 01, 2009, 09:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

GPS Coordinates for the Canton/Minerva Range:

W40.70929, W081.15275

It's real easy to miss! The driveway turns east off the road. To the north of the driveway is a sand pit (can't see it from the road), and to the south of the driveway is a field, which you see from the road. No sign marking the driveway (at least none last year).

too tall

Fuzzy,

Do you think its possible for someone to put up some sort of marker/flag at the end of the driveway, to make it easier to find for others (or is this a silly idea)?
formerly known as mouse

WY_Not

That would make it too easy.  ;)  After all, part of knowing what you are about is knowing how to get there.
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

too tall

Ah yes, and what fun is a little road trip if you get there without getting lost?
formerly known as mouse

slim

I'm not splitting any "lost time" gas money.

Gordon

Quote from: too tall on October 01, 2009, 11:18:54 PM
Fuzzy,

Do you think its possible for someone to put up some sort of marker/flag at the end of the driveway, to make it easier to find for others (or is this a silly idea)?

Theoretically, yes. PM Fred and ask him to assign someone. :)

Seriously, sure, probably but it'd be up the the Boots-on-the-Ground folks in Minerva, I guess. Maybe they have/will do it!

As I recall, the directions get you to within 1/2 mile or so. When I was there last year I went up & down the road twice before I figured, "this must be it". As I indicated, north of the driveway is the sandpit, somewhat hidden from the road by some brush, and south of the driveway is an open field which you clearly see from the road. You'll find it! :)

Looking forward to seeing you, -FM

Buckshot

Quote from: FuzzyMath on October 01, 2009, 09:43:07 PM
GPS Coordinates for the Canton/Minerva Range:

W40.70929, W081.15275

It's real easy to miss! The driveway turns east off the road. To the north of the driveway is a sand pit (can't see it from the road), and to the south of the driveway is a field, which you see from the road. No sign marking the driveway (at least none last year).

FuzzyMath,

I am admittedly NOT up on GPS and stuff, still back in the lat. & long. then over to the map gird (read right then up!  ;) ) but shouldn't one of those coordinated be N instead of the second W?

Buckshot

Gordon

Quote from: Buckshot on October 03, 2009, 12:37:23 AM
Quote from: FuzzyMath on October 01, 2009, 09:43:07 PM
W40.70929, W081.15275

It's real easy to miss!  ...
;) ) but shouldn't one of those coordinated be N instead of the second W?

Nope. Locate the North Pole on your map, go West by such&such an amount, then West by another amount.

We didn't see you out there this weekend. I told you it was easy to miss!

But now you begin to understand the nickname. It's the new, "fuzzy" math. :)

WY_Not

Little late but biggest piece of advice from last year was look for the light blue house on the right and the range driveway is on the left.

Something to file in the rolodex and include in directions for next year?

WY_Not
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)