News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR; Burlington Flats,NY, July 2010

Started by sgtrock, July 19, 2010, 12:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Burlington Flats Appleseeds just get better all the time,,, Despite the heat and powerful thunderstorms that ripped thru the area on Saturday, we had a most enjoyable event,,
 A very diverse group of Americans got up off the couch, and heard some outstanding history presentations, And found out that they can be taught to shoot a rifle the way it was designed to be done..
          We had amongst us,  a group of Americans, That Know Very Well What They Are About, there were teams of friends and families on the line that made me proud to able to shoot boss this event.
   Some of the driving times of these folks that came to B-Flats were in excess of 4 hrs away,, A testament of the dedication to this way of life that was left to us from our founding fathers.

We had the Distinct privilege to have here at Burlington Flats, NY,,, Master Instructor, Scout from Texas,, his energy, knowledge, dedication and love for this country and Appleseed is joy to behold,  I am sure everyone else there, feels very lucky to have been a part of this shoot,,, Scout,, you are welcome to return anytime my friend...

Appleseed returnees were a plenty as well as new and very experienced shooters, that were hungry for knowledge,, Everyone that was on the line came with a teachable attitude that was outstanding,,,

Craig W.  Shot a most outstanding score of 243          
          Our first Rifleman Score of the weekend,,,, Craig is well know in these parts as a very accomplished shooter, but not in this discipline that we teach,, He is an extreme long range shooter,, And at beyond 1 mile,, woodchucks are not safe, yet he is a very humble man that enjoys learning and applying that knowledge to excel in everything he does, He is a member of this club and we shoot together often, he is a good friend to myself and to Appleseed,,, almost forgot,,, this Score was shot on his First AQT of the weekend, with multiple rifleman scores there after, So often that we were getting "Scoring Cramps" Job Well Done

Eric J.      Shot an outstanding score of 228
           Again with multiples there after,,,Eric, another good friend of mine and to Appleseed, he owns "MY" gunshop   (The Shootin'Shed, GunShop and Range),, and does so much 7th stepping for Appleseed that 60% attendance at these lines at Burlington Flats is due to his efforts in spreading our message,,, He again like so many people in this area, is a very accomplished shooter with many years of competition and practical shooting experience,, He also shoots our weekly leagues here at the club,,, again Job Well Done

Thomas V. at 15yrs old, came up from New Jersey to shoot a score of 224
                 With very little shooting experience, this young man took to receiving and applying the instruction to become another Proud Rifleman in Appleseed,,, His Father and Grandfather were very proud to be there to witness his achievement,,, He also comes from a family that knows very well what they are about,,, Most outstanding,,, Job Well Done

Bud O.
               Bud is a returning Rifleman from our Patriot's day shoot this year,,, he just did what True Riflemen do, Shoot multiple scores all day long, A proud 65yr old Marine, that is a good friend and a Great American, a pleasure to be around and to teach, he is also a member of this club, and an active shooter in various discipline,, Outstanding Job Well Done...

Ethan L. ,,, SharpShooter
               Folks,,, this young man, at 14yrs old, is such a joy to have in our presents,, that,, as I type this, I must wipe my eyes to see the keys,, Yes, he is a part of this community here in Central NY,
  This young man started out in the 60 point range and by the time we ended on sunday, he was knocking on the door to Rifleman in the high 190's.
           His Father David was shooting as well and did an outstanding job too,,, hard working diary farmers, they really appreciate what The Appleseed Project is all about,, Great Americans that make this country work, like our founding fathers, they put in very long days, 7 days a week, and yet they still made the time to come to a full weekend Appleseed event,,, and stayed long after to help pick up the line and pack everything away,,, Just another example of New Englanders at their Best,,, Job Well Done My Friends

My Instructors at this event did a most Outstanding job as well, dealing with weather that was to say the least, powerfully dangerous, and rolling along with the changes that had to be made quickly,
was a seamless effort,,  Saturday night was an amazing display of natures power, storm cells ripped thru here at rapid pace destroying a lot of infrastructure in its path, a brand new 12X 20 canopy did not survive on the line,, target backers gone, was prepared for that one with extras on hand, surrounding areas were without power for up 8 hours my home included, but it's quite common in this part of the country,,,but we persevered and drove on with the shoot to introduce more Americans to their Heritage, they are a fine example of the true spirit of what makes this  country and Appleseed so so great,,,

Thank You My Friends,,

There is so much more to this event that I must leave some room for other to add their experiences,,,

sgtrock   aka Steve Stoner

VietVet

As sgtrock said a fine group of Americans were in attendance at this shoot. It was a pleasure meeting everyone who came .

The STORMS that go through that area are STRONG!!!
It actually got a little scary a few times with the power of these storms.
It didn't stop either the Shooters or Instructors from enjoying a very successful event. We were in very good hands under the guidance of sgtrock. This is his home range and he knew exactly what to do and when to do it. OUTSTANDING JOB SGT.

As he also mentioned we did have the honor of Master Inst. Scout.
A pleasure meeting and working with you Scout.
That also goes for all the other Instructors that shared their knowledge. A never ending source of knowledge I'll add. Great job!

Myself and Josey Wales traveled from Long Island to IIT at this event and I'm so glad we did.
Honestly felt as if we were with family.
Both the Shooters and Instructors made me feel very comfortable and at "HOME". Honestly a great group of Americans as Stoner said.

Here are some photos I took during this Shoot. I'm just going to post them in random order. Maybe Stoner can jump back in and fill in the blanks.

Thank you EVERYONE for a great Shoot.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

Here are a few more photos..............

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Josey Wales

..Burlington Flats Range is a full supporter of our Appleseed events, They treat us as Family and I would like to thank the clubs members for such gracious suppot....May God be with Burlington Flats...
..I would like to give credit to the shoot boss Sgt Rock..
..Sgt Rock a Red Hat Instructor, ran this shoot as his first official event as a Green Hat. Though he trained with B9 & Kdan as for Green Hat protocol, this was Sgt Rocks shoot from A to Z... The event ran flawlessly...On time with structure, as expected from such a dedicated and honorable guy. It was a great decision to put rifles away with a hurricane coming and tell some history indoors. It was as if we did not skip a beat. When it was clear we got our Patron's back on the line and resumed instruction till 7pm, real dedication from the whole group.
..Thanks to Scout for being with us, It is always a pleasure to be around a good neighbor, even if my good neighbor lives 2000 miles away!!!...You are a fine man Scout.......Thanks.......
..Spanner, the miles you put in to the cause is outstanding indeed, your personable approach to Instructing leads the patron's to the Riflemans door...it is great to know you..........Thanks.......
..Another D.O.M. you are an outstanding individual, a great instructor and a huge asset to the NY Appleseed program, you are also a good Friend and I thank you for that, and Kris your lovely wife is also an asset and a Friend..Thanks ..
..Viet Vet, my closest AS neighbor, with your wisdom and life experience spending time with you is as easy as Sunday morning...You make a fine IIT3 and thanks for all you do, I will see you next week.......
..Hugh a great addition to the AS Family, You fit right in with us and its great to know you... Would love to see you again next week if you can...
..Odin, very diligent on the line, saw him picking up all the fine points to instructing, follow SgtRock's lead my brother you are in good hands.. and tell M1 Tanker he is a good man............JW..........
..Charlie Girl as NY States youngest Instructor you make us all very proud, you come from a fine Family and you are in good hands at Burlington Flats.. Keep up the good work the pay off is ten fold...I can not wait for you and your Sister to meet my Daughter's some day..
..Vibbit & Ammodillo a fine Father and Son team, it is always good to see you guys and thanks for all the support you give to Appleseed, Ammodillo good luck in College this year stay diligent in your studies my brother..

..To all our Patron's that attended this event, Thank you so much for choosing to attend and spending your precious time at an Appleseed event.. Getting off the couch is really the first step to firing the shot.. Hope to see you all again for this show of force is ongoing and only in the beginning of its potential...Each one of you are important to this program and we need you, your neighbors need you(even if they do not know it yet), your Families need you, your Country needs you and I thank you kindly for taking the first steps to becoming an American Rifleman......

....................Be Prepared..................Join or Die.........................Strength & Honor............&......May the Almighty Creator our loving God watch over us as we teach and try to inspire those to do what is right, to spread Individual Responsibility and Liberty to all........

..May our rich American History & Heritage teach us the things to repeat and the things to not repeat.............

................................Strength & Honor....................Josey Wales......................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Odin

This was a great shoot, where everyone showed a lot of progress.  I expect that many of the shooters that came to this event will be riflemen at their next appleseed, a few were right outside the door with 209 scores at the end of the day.  Ethan made impressive progress, I expect to see him with his rifleman's patch real soon.

If you get the chance, I highly recommend going to an appleseed where Scout is and listening to his telling of the strikes.  Very entertaining and educational, he can really capture what happened on April 19th and get everyone to relate to it.

It was pleasure working with the students and with the fine instructors at this shoot.  Couldn't ask for a better weekend.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

sgtrock

Hey ya Krisker

I was so glad that you came out, and most of all that you had a good time,, too bad about the canopy,, mother nature at her best worse, That seems to be a Burlington Flats trait,, to have weather that is a little,  well, challenging shall we say,,

sgtrock   aka Stoner

JamminJ

Wow, a firing range with grass!  That looks really nice.  Not much more than dirt and fire ants in Southern California.   O0

Thomas

hey this is the 15 year old kid from new jersey who shot the rifleman score. i'm just saying i had a lot of fun and i definitely  learned a lot about shooting and the history of Lexington and Concord. i already signed up for the appleseed in september and hope to beat my score.