News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wisconsin 2010 - let's crunch some numbers Badgers!

Started by Old Glory!, September 18, 2009, 05:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

Here's a rough sketch of what WI 2010 could look like.

Location        #of events     capacity
Bristol               2?                 65         130
Hubertus           2?                 25           50
Lodi                   4                  35          140
Racine               4?                 40          160
Shiocton            1                 100          100
Suamico            5?                 40?         200

**780 potential Appleseeders in 2010 
That's if all lines are filled to capacity - read - Promotion!
What?  You think that number is low?  - read - more locations/more events.
Wow!   What if we have a 10% Rifleman ratio?

Potential ranges:
Balsam Lake
LaCrosse
Eau Clare
and about 75 other WI locations...

Riflemen, rework these numbers so they are doubled.  Your country is calling you.

**MODIFIED 9/18/09 TO REFLECT CORRECTED MATH.  THANKS BR MARK.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

Here is a start to a rough 2010 schedule.  FEpowered has superpowers and can make changes and corrections to this post.  Lots of filling in to do.  Just thought we better start getting something written down.  

Lodi has given us "unofficial dates"
Muskyjerk has been working with Hubertus; those dates seem pretty firm, right?

Potential new ranges:   Balsam Lake, LaCrosse, Eau Claire, Columbia Co., New Lisbon, etc.

January
9   Instructor get together Hubertus???
10   1 day Appleseed winter blitz  Hubertus

16-17  IL IBC Pappy's

February
Suamico 27th-28th  (I heard they have a really nice facility. ;) 8)  Can we try to schedule 4 events here?) Okay if 4 is pushing it >:D, let's do the three, squeezing the February date in.  There is a clubhouse, right?

March
13-14?  Racine?  (Southern WI warm-up for Patriot's Day in WI)

April
3-4? Suamico  (Northern WI warm-up for Patriot's Day in WI)February instead
17-18  Lodi conflict with a pistol match, board still discussing it
         Hubertus YES
          Suamico YES
Spooner, looks good, awaiting board approval
          Balsam Lake?
          Racine?
          Bristol?

May
22-23 New Lisbon - in the works
29-30? Memorial Day weekend Shiocton?

June
5-6?  Shiocton?

July
10-11 Bedford's range paperwork in progress
25-26 Lodi

August
??date??  Hubertus

September
25-26 Hubertuschanged to August
11-12 Suamico

October
9-10 Lodi

November

December

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Johnnyappleseed

March in Racine sounds like lots of fun  :) The range is beautiful + Wisconsin crew really put on great shoots O0
Maybe ???????????????????????????????
Semper Fidlelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Muskyjerk

fepowered

I currently have April 17th-18th approved with the board at Suamico.  I just looked at my calendar and the  3rd and 4th may work.  Is the 10th-11th too close?    I can get it changed without any problems.
There are alot of regular members who meet every Sunday morning to shoot and there are already alot of High Power events scheduled.  To jump from 1 event to 5 may be a bit of an overload.  The concept of 2 events has already been approved.  If we want to run a February event as a 3rd event it should not be a problem. Looking at my calendar, the 27th-28th would work.
I thought that the September event went well and unless there is a reason not to, we could go with another September shoot on the 11th-12th. 
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

dragonfly

I have been talking with the range owner at New Lisbon and it sounds like May 22nd and the 23rd would be good.

I left a host application with him on Monday Nov. 2nd. He is really busy this time of year, But he will look it over within the next couple of week's.

I will follow up at the end of the month.

This should be a good area as we try to get the north and the southern part of the state together. Word of mouth should go along way.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

Nice D-fly!  A new location: New Lisbon!  Thanks for doing the groundwork, and following up.  

Sent out an e-mail to Racine Club President, asking for April 17-18 and whatever additional dates they would consider hosting.  

I made some modifications to the tentative working schedule below to reflect what has been mentioned here.  

Muskyjerk O0, can you get the 2010 Hubertus dates to Savage Shooter along with a copy of the Event Information Pages, so we can get those on the Eventbrite schedule as soon as you have confirmation?

FE, I'm all for an April 17-18 at Suamico (WI instructors, what do you think?), plus the February and September dates.   Can you get the paperwork to SS on those as well, so we can get them on Eventbrite?  When you do, please make sure that the capacity is up where you think it should be.  Seems like there could have been more shooters if I remember correctly.  

Chime in; where are we at with Balsam Lake?  Who is working on it?

Muskyjerk

I wont have paper work until 1-11-09 regarding April and august.

April 17 18 is no problem

still looking for a priority list of weekends for August. we will talk on the 10th of January.
again scheduling meeting at Boone is on the 11th

dragonfly

I also sent pm to bedford and he would like to have an Appleseed at his range Niagara WI July 10th and 11th 2010.

I will send host application to him tomorrow.

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

JoeZ

FE, if you have it approved with the board Suamico April 17-18 you should lock it in and get it on the schedual. First come first serve.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Deacon

I mailed a range packet up to the Indianhead Rifle and Pistol club in Spooner, WI. a couple of weeks ago.  I followed up yesterday and they
are excited about the program. We are tentatively on the schedule for our first shoot on April 17/18, 2010.  They will have a board meeting tonight and get the final nod but everything looks good.

Attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They have a 600 yard range!!!!!

This will be a great addition to the list of Wisconsin ranges....

Fred

April is a long way off.

A long time for "excitement" to last.

What can we do in the meantime, to keep that excitement going at this location, and not let it die out?

PS: That's a good idea, guys, to keep the "number crunching" in the first post updated... O0

Heck, I'd suggest you leave the current numbers up, and do another "number crunching" list which is kept current - so you can see how rapid the progress is that you'll be making - as all the original totals not only slip rapidly out of date, but look pathetically small... >:D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

colycat

With some winter gun shows in mind,  We have to get our shoots finalized.  As of today, there are only few that have gone to Savage Shooter, therefore are not on any real schedule.  This makes it impossible to promote and sign up for the shoots.
If you need help with anything or any aspect of getting the shoots on the scheduale, Call or PM me or OG
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Deacon

Here is an idea of Shootboss assignments for April 17/18th

Lodi - Dragonfly
Suamico - Colycat
Spooner - Deacon
Hubertus - JoeZ
Racine - Ahhshoot

colycat

APRIL 17 AND 18  ONLY LODI AND SPOONER ARE GREEN
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Hate to be a nag on this, but almost a month has gone by and really, no action.  Do you all need some direction as to how to proceed?  Call me, 608-963-0296

Muskyjerk

Hubertus

April 17th 18th
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/540447493

August 14th 15th
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/540449499

January 2011  8th and 9th

kilogulf59

Well if this helps my daughter and I are going to New Lisbon and she will also attend Lodi with me as well. The Lodi date I'm not sure of but she wants that rifleman patch big time.