News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY Sept 12-13 AAR

Started by kentuckyjam, September 14, 2009, 10:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

What a beautiful weekend!  With 17 shooters on the line Saturday and 10 on Sunday, this was another great Appleseed.  Most were first timers and had only scheduled Saturday, but you enjoyed it so much, you came on back Sunday.  You were all a pleasure to work with and showed true patriotism.  I've never seen that many shirts come in with messages of Liberty.  O0  And thank you for the teachable attitudes, the number one requirement for Appleseed.

I encourage each of you to attend the AS in October and bring the rest of your family and some friends.  Share your excitement with others, giving them a new opportunity to learn marksmanship and history.  And persevere in your journey to Rifleman.

Chuck (waitin on that screen name) is our newest Rifleman and IIT!  Congrats and welcome!  Thank you for taking an orange hat.

Pictures are below and to show I can laugh at myself, I'm including the pics brdholman took of me.  I look a little silly when I'm geared up, but Sunday was my worst I believe.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

kentuckyjam

more pics.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Versailles shooter

I am responding to KY Jam since this is my 1st time EVER getting on this site and she is the 1st instructor from Saturday's event that I see. I want to take a second to thank her and Brad for loaning me a sling, and Mighty Mouse and all the others who instructed not only about shooting, but about why we have the Freedom to shoot. This training is awesome and I cannot say enough how much I was thrilled to improve my shooting skills and fundamentals. I can highly recommend this course to anyone who has the desire to improve their skill. What I can also mention is that you will come away with an appreciation for what our Nations forefathers (and Foremothers?) went through. I am a Historically knowledgeable person, but sometimes know the situation without feeling I know the people. Many of the historical lessons shared were more personal and brought home a more human touch to the struggles that cost so many so much.
  I would like to mention that I have spent the whole day telling everyone about the program. A friend of mine started asking a lot of questions about it and I descovered that he had been a instructor in the Marine Corps in the Vietnam era. I knew he had spent time there, but not that he was an instructor. After playing 20 questions, he aknowledged that they used much of the same terminology and training style that I was taught over this weekend. He was impressed and I gave him the link to RWVA.

If you are thinking about doing this.... Go for it. If you have done it,  you know what I am talking about. I am already recruiting with the goal of getting up a group and coming again. Now I have to start working on my wife and kids to see if I can get them to give it a try.  My dad does not know it yet, but he is in my sights too.

Thanks for a great weekend. 

GarandFan

I am very happy that I got involved in this program.  I had a great time on the range last weekend and walked away with a better understanding of what this country should be about.  In short I rediscovered my heritage given to me and my brethren from the sacrifices made by others before us.  When I got back to work on Monday I asked some of my fellow coworkers If they knew the significance of April 19th 1775.  Sadly no one knew.  Many of them are gun owners and enthusiasts.  I have to admit that prior to last weekend I wouldn't have known either.  The Appleseed project carries with it a message.  A message that we didn't become the wonderful nation that we are by chance.  We became this nation from people who stood behind their beliefs even to the death.  Nobody asked them to.  America is one of if not the youngest nations on this third rock from the sun.  We as citizens are already forgetting our roots.

To anyone reading this I strongly encourage you to attend an Appleseed.  I promise you will walk away a better shooter as well as a more well informed, historically accurate American.  Who knows, you might even have fun.  You will see me at future Appleseed's.  I took up the orange hat as an IIT and encourage all to do the same who wish to carry the message of what the program is about.   

I would like to send out a special thank you to brdholman and kyjam who got me involved in the program.  I was very impressed with your knowledge and professionalism.  I only wish that I would have started sooner.  To all the other instructors I appreciate you dedicating your time, patience, and technical know how.  I owe all of you to making me a better shooter as well as an more appreciative American citizen.

A special thanks goes out to mighty mouse who not only lent me his 10/22 but also let me fire his M1 Garand with ammo on his dime.  The Garand is a rifle that I have always wanted to get my hands on and you let me shoot it.  Once again thank you.  You said to me on the firing line "were gonna make a Garand fan out of you yet"  well, I guess you did.  Hence the screen name.
A rusty rifle is a rusty rifleman.  Now go shoot.

Moose488

Thanks to brad and kyjam for loaning me a rifle when mine died. and to mighty mouse for the sling and some ammo . I truely enjoyed the blocks of instruction and lessons on the history of the heroes in whose foot steps that we should try to follow! I will be attending more appleseeds in the future and I have several friends that are interested now that I could tell them more about it I hope I can attend the Apple seed in October with some old friends and introduce them to the new ones that I met last weekend