News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oxford,Ks. Appleseed Aug. 15-16

Started by Dad, August 19, 2009, 11:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad

We had a nice weekend at Oxford. Temperature under 100, humidity 110%. We had 9 shooters Saturday, 5 returned Sunday. The ][rishman (Paul) worked as Shoot Boss In Training and did a very smooth job.

Congratulations to Hunter for becoming our Rifleman.Hunter's dad,Dave ( dlm50cal ) is our newest IIT. Watch out Dave, you've got some serious competition.

A father and son team, Steve and Jonathon, shot 196 and 204. They worked hard and it showed.

And finally, our long distance award goes to Alice and Leland who came all the way from the Great White North ( Minnesota ) to enjoy scenic Kansas. They were enthusiastic. Hot Brass and I look forward to seeing them at a future Appleseed.

itshix

Hey Dad and Mrs. Hotbrass!

Jonathan and I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Appleseed. We talked about it most of the way home (Got in at 8:15). This was a great time for bonding and learning to shoot. And the story of Isaac and Hezikiah in addition to the other history were riveting. Thanks for the good coaching, patience and loan of "advanced  shooting technology". You folks are GOOD people! I posted about this on a site that I go to: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=36328
If its okay, I would like to take some bulletins around to some of the gun shops in my area to get the word out about upcoming classes. 
I've been practicing NPOA and will get JMan to do the same. We may have to come to a Sunday class to earn the most coveted patch. Thanks again for the fun, instruction, history, inspiration and friendship! Its an honor to wear the t-shirt!

TheDud

Alice and I had such a great time - Thanks to all the Instructors and IITs! You guys really knew your stuff, and were patient even with those of us who were a little slower showing improvement  O0

I'm not sure if we'll make it down to Kansas for another Appleseed, but this isn't our last one by far!

No pictures of the line - but here is one of the group!

AFTERMATH

Keep up the good work Kansas! O0

And thanks for taking care of a couple of my Minnesotan's for a weekend. ;)
(Then we can get the credit when they score Rifleman at one of our shoots ::) )
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

henschman

sorry i missed out on this and the eureka shoot... I'll see y'all at the next one, and hopefully I'll be bringing several new shooters! 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

The ][rishman

It was truly a pleasure to work with this group of students.  Everyone had a teachable attitude.

itshix,  I hope you and Jon can come back soon.  It was inspiring to watch a father/son team work together as you two did, sprruing one another on to good deeds.  And yes, spread the word about Appleseed.

TheDud and Brass-(Bucket? Magnet? Catcher? what will it be?), your sense of humour, humility and awareness made the weekend easy for us.  If your ever back in BP give me a call.  I can arrange some range time maybe we can get you that patch in Ks after all.

Hunter, Congratulations you worked hard for it and kept after it.

Dave, congratulations to you as well.  You have fine young man there, you have reason to be proud.

III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

itshix

Dad and crew-
Just an update: I have visited 4 gun shops with Appleseed brochures with some interest. Talked with several dads with a couple of decent prospects... one should become an attendee, just not sure if it'll be Oxford or the one near St. Joseph... Hope everyone is doing well!

ksuguy

Hope I can make it out to one (or both) of the ones in September.  Haven't had a chance since the one in June.