News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three Forks MT

Started by Mark Davis, September 19, 2009, 11:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

22 shooters on the line today.  2 new riflemen, and two holders of the coveted badge shot rifleman again today.
With us on the fireing line was a current legislator and member of Montana's House of Representives.
Along with a former member of Montana's House of Representives.
Mid day was unseasonably hot. We heard history under the shade of cottonwood trees with the speaker across the ditch running cold clear water.

Mark Davis

Funny thing happened on the way to the appleseed.
Thursday, the eagerly awated suppply box was slated to arrive. When I arrived home from work  on thusday eve there was no box on my step.
Once inside the door THERE IT WAS!
Said to wife oh! you picked that up? and brought it in?
She shrugged.
Info with the tracking # said it weighied 52 pounds.
She replied it wasn't very heavy so she brought it in.
On closer inspection it really didn't look like a supply box from appleseed and was suspicisly light.
I cut the tape sealing the box. Inside were two smaller cardboard boxes and a catalog but no targets! one box held a petite red garmet the other held a petite black garmet. The catalog was from Victoria's Secret
SHOOTERS! if you wonder why I yelled at you all day.

Fred

Clodhopper, it's bad enough you're secretely ordering your clothing from Victoria's Secret (gee, I didn't even know they offered clothing in your size), but to publically admit it on this site - well, I have to say, that's going a bit far!

@)

PS: Where is the shoot box?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Guy

Clodhopper,

Glad to see the MT torch got passed to someone so good they could make do with VS instead of AS.  LOL!!

Good to see the big turn out.  Any repeat faces?

See you this spring sometime.....

MontanaCZ

State Legislators showing up for an Appleseed.  Fantastic!!

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

AFTERMATH

Sounds like some lucky lady(?) will be showing up at an Appleseed near you. ;)

So, any pics? Of the shoot, I mean. ::) :-X
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

bru

This is Sunday's group.  There are 4 new riflemen in there!  Scott, Eric, Sheila and Jedidiah.
What a wonderful group of people we had this weekend.  It was an honor to be on the range with them.
Many thanks to Clodhopper for heading this up.
"Our friends show us what we can do; our enemies teach us what we must do"  -Goethe

bru

one more pic.
"Our friends show us what we can do; our enemies teach us what we must do"  -Goethe

MontanaCZ

Awesome!!  Six new Rifleman out of 20 shooters for the weekend is fantastic. ;D

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

Mark Davis

Uhh, CZ Scott and Eric were our Sat new riflemen we got 4 new ones this weekend, and three others proved they were deserving of the coveted badge the already owned.
Guy, we had some old freinds and new shooters on the line it was a great mix.
Fred, I still do not know where the shoot box is, good ole ups said to contact the shipper and bulkhead was looking into it. Victoria wanted her stuff back I told her I would send them as soon as UPS gave me  an aknowlgement that some one in their shipping dept had switched tags on my box.
That does not seem to be forthcoming.

The Guy

I wonder what the intened recipient of the Vicki's box is thinking right about now.... >:D :))

AFTERMATH

You should make them bring it to an Appleseed; where you can do an even trade-after they score rifleman.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Wheeler44

I notice my old friend TETON in the group photo.......I hope that he did well....This must be at least his third Appleseed.   

Good job Montana and good job Clodhopper.....Montana is in good hands with the crew there..

Wheeler44..

I can't wait to see you all again.
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

glocker21

I would like to thank the Beardsley's for once again being gracious and hosting our Appleseed events. Clodhopper and Bru did a wonderful job on the line and made the shoot fun for the participants. Sunday afternoon Smiling Dan made an welcome appearance and was able to visit with some of the shooters he knew.

We are a go for 17-18 April 2010 event in Three Forks.

Glocker21 sends
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese