News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yanceyville NC, 22-23 Aug AAR

Started by Matt, August 26, 2009, 03:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

This was a remarkably easy Appleseed, as there was very low turnout  :( However, we did turn out one more Rifleman who stepped up to put on an Orange Hat!  ;D

We started the day Saturday with Hawkeye, Law man, Keaton, Bulkhead, Steve4570, AZWildcat2001, and myself. Since everyone had been to an Appleseed before, and Steve4570 was there to earn his patch, we went through a quick review of safety rules, the cleared rifle conditions, and the six steps. We then hung targets and got down to business sighting in. That accomplished, we started the AQT grind.

We had done two standard pace AQTs, but Steve still hadn't broken through, so we hung one more and I set the line to prepping four mags of ten rounds while I briefed them on the Rapid Fire AQT. We began that and four minutes later, pulled the targets.

I am proud to have passed out my first Rifleman patch, with a score of 217, to Steve4570. Congratulations Steve!

We broke for lunch and Bulkhead (the saint) went off to pack supply boxes for more Appleseeds. After lunch Hawkeye gave his M1 detail strip presentation with the newly delivered CMP M1s Wildcat and I had brought. After waiting for some rain to clear, we set up on the 100 yard range and sighted them in, then went through some 4 minute targets posted at 100 yards.

Sunday was much the same, but more laid back. Wildcat and I both posted an AQT at 25 m and went through a standing course of fire, no time limit, just to get used to the rifle. Law man and Keaton both put their own rifles through their paces, and Steve brought out his M1A.

Everyone brought a goal, and everyone went home satisfied. Much good learning was spread around, and we have another Rifleman in our midst. Congrats again Steve!
Liberty is my father, and he shall be my son.

steves4570

Thanks Matt, Bulkhead and all that helped me. Now it's time to work on IIT training. Also thanks to 3rd Degree Tactical for there support of the Appleseed shooting program, if you have not been there for a Appleseed then you should come and shoot with us. Steve  :~