News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC to be held in Central New Mexico, Labor Day weekend, 5-6 Sept 2009

Started by nmmi9100, August 27, 2009, 04:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmmi9100

Word is it's in Rio Rancho, just northwest of Albuquerque.  Details to Follow!

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

Ok folks you wanted an IBC
You gots IBC.   

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9101.msg79273;topicseen#msg79273

You asked for it, you wanted it,
You got it.
Now sign up PDQ.
Looks like you'll have none other than Fred hisself to get you learned up right.

Sam

nmmi9100

I'm paid up for the IBC and registered.  Can't wait!

I'm headed to Gunnison here in a couple hours.  Looking forward to meeting up with Ashrn03 and the guys.

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

Have a safe trip up there.
I'll know you'll have a great time, It Appleseed! O0

Fred

Let's pass the word on this one!

I hear Elton John is gonna be there!

So don't nobody miss this one!

Just in case Elton is not someone's taste, I hear Hannah Montana might stop by - no promises - but if you're not there, you KNOW you're gonna miss her...

:)

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SamD

Nope,
no Elton John,
no Hannah Montana.
We got Stupefying Jones and Appassionata von Climax, unfortunately Mammy Yokum and Evil Eye Fleagle are coming too  :'(

BobABQ

I'm disappointed, I was under the impression that AC/DC was going to be the entertainment!
++)

nmmi9100

Devnull

MEEEEEEEE!  ;D

So are we going to do a potluck for lunch on saturday? What say ye?
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

freefyrefly

Me n Soph n Ryan are coming too
Ryan is even gonna call into work for the first time EVER so he can make it.  >:D >:D >:D
We really better decide on the potluck thing so i can have time to decide what to make.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

BobABQ

Quote from: TaosGlock on September 02, 2009, 03:48:05 AM
BF and I will be there too! ;)

TaosGlock,

I was under the impression that you were going to be at Ron Peterson's this weekend buying guns. Of course gun related supplies and accessories purchases are expected.

This will be a pleasant surprise for those individuals who attend the IBC. Your photographs are legendary.

BlueFeather

I don't see the print out until thursday night, but from PMs and such, we have David, David, Dale, Chris, Geneva, Sophia and Ryan.  We've asked a bunch of people, but you all are locals, so you have to come!  Fred is the official Shoot Boss/ director, but I am in training on this to run future events.  SamD is coming and of course Dan.  Dan, Fred and I will be staying at the Extended Stay Deluxe opposite Intel, so pretty close. 

Yes food is good:  we can't really make stuff, but we'll be glad to help eat! 

Also, think about what you might want to do for Monday:  we would like to get in a little extra history and a few hours of 'mock' Appleseed.  If we can drive out somewhere and shoot for a couple of hours, that would be great... I am guessing the ranges would be busy, so if any of you have a secret spot, that would be great.  You can even invite some friends and give them a short preview of what they will get at an Appleseed, but the idea is you do a dry run on instructing in a small and low key environment.

Finally, we would like to have a few different rifles for you all to touch and learn how to work -- so you know how to make them safe and can understand them enough to help out with ball & dummy drills or malfunction problems.  I am thinking some of those bigger bore centerfires we might see on the line, like an M1A, M1 (en bloc/stripper clip fed rifle), SKS, AK, and FAL.  We could bring our own, but if some of you have these, it would be great for everyone to try.  Even an original Ruger 10/22 might be good to bring:  all of ours have add ons to make them easier to use... I could see that you all would need to help out a new shooter who cannot get that bolt release to work! 

So maybe you can discuss among yourselves who will bring what.  Then we can fill in if you don't have something.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

Devnull

I'll bring an SKS, AK and a CETME.

Geneva and I talked last night and this is what we have on food so far.

Geneva: Enchiladas w/green chile and without, Green bean casserole.
Chris: Refried Beans, Tamales w/red chile, some sodas and such.

Anyone else care to sign up for something? Someone else could do the drinks too if they choose.

BobABQ

Chris,

I'll be happy to bring some drinks.

Karin and myself need to go by Sam's Club this week any way so I can pick up some drinks while we are there.

Devnull

Thank you sir! I think were expecting around 11 people. We have a max of about 15 (Were going to be shoehorning some. Hehe!) so somewhere between 11 and 15.

BobABQ

Chris,

What do you think, three cases of drinks?

One each of Bottle water, Ice Tea and Coke?

Devnull

I would imagine that should do it. We also have a water cooler and a coffee maker here. (It's going to be some of Al Smith's coffee. Yummy!)

Anyone else want to bring something?

nmmi9100

Excited to hear there'll be such a good turnout!

I can bring an FAL, Garand, AR15, & a G3-clone (PTR).  Of course Devnull's go the CETME and except for the selector, the G3 and Cetme are the same Op System. Both my 10/22s have the bolt release mod.

I'll also make up some dummy cartridges in 308, 30-06, and 223 so we can SAFELY play with cycling these rifles.  I don't have any 7.62x39 dies or brass so I can't make any of those.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

Bring it anyway! I would say the more examples the better. Also getting to see the differences in the sights would be an eye-opener for most. (I HATE the sights on my CETME...  :'()

I will also be bringing my AR-15 but I am pitifully low on ammo for it... It's a new caliber in my collection...

Nickle

It's an IBC, you won't be shooting much, if any.

It's always great to have a variety of rifles on the mock Appleseed firing line, so the students get stumped some (that makes them do the right thing, ASK the shooter).

The last IBC I worked, I made sure there was a Carcano on the line, something most folks have never bumped into.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Fred

Officially as of this post, there are 7 pre-regs. I knew rumors of EJ being there would bring 'em out - all 7! :)

We'll have room for walk-ons, as it's no more trouble to teach ten as seven - or twelve.

So talk to your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers, your relatives. These things don't come that often in NM (but I hope and expect they will be more often in the future, as some able local IBC-teaching talent will emerge from this weekend).

So, keep throwing out the net - in fact, I hear Madonna may put in a special surprise appearance... :) O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

SamD

BobABQ

crak

Fred,

Make sure you remind those IITs that I could use them in Kaysville, UT. on the 19th.
Check your drama at the door.

BlueFeather

We have an in state event up in Raton on the 19th and there is also another in Gunnison, CO on the 19th. 
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

Fred

craK, just say how many you want... :)

BlueFeather will understand when and if she ever gets to meet ya!! :)

(BF, after this weekend you're gonna be so overrun with IITs - I plan to make any shooters at Monday's "mini" into IITs - as well any hitchikers we come across (;D) - that you'll be able to send ITTs all over - just to get rid of 'em! I mean, to get 'em out from underfoot!) O0

crak

Check your drama at the door.

BlueFeather

Quote from: BobABQ on September 03, 2009, 10:52:08 AM
What time in the morning does this event begin?

This thread http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9101.0 seems to neglect that information.

8:30 like all Appleseeds.  We need to start early to get everything done!