News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CT Appleseeders! Get in here and check in!!

Started by CortJestir, August 25, 2009, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Fellow Nutmeggers (and adopted Nutmeggers  ;))

I'm not quite sure who has access to the CT forums yet. So, please chime in this thread to make it easier other folks to know you're here helping with CT's own Appleseed program.

Connecticut is shaping up to have a strong contingent of Appleseeders. If you have access to this board and think or know someone who doesn't yet, send 'em a PM with instructions on how to get on this board. We'll need all the help we can muster.

I don't have to tell you that our state sorely needs to have a successful and prolific Appleseed program.

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Lilorfnannie

Things are what they are, regardless of the pretty thoughts a person thinks in their head about them to the contrary.

LKB3rd

I am here, and I need to get your shooting jacket back to you.

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

CortJestir

Thanks for checking in, all.  O0 Let's see if we can get some more CT folks in here!  &)

LKB3rd, let's hook up next week at NHSC, maybe throw a few downrange. >:D I had a busy week and this weekend, I'll be in MA...

Thor

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

McIntosh

Todd,

I'm here too.  There's a lot of stuff on this forum to wade through....  Glad you sent a PM - otherwise, it would've taken me awhile to find this.

Tom

CortJestir

Please extend a warm welcome and hearty congratulations to our newest Volunteers: davidgw1, 2paranoid, and Chuckwagon!.

Check in here, guys, when you can...

CJ

Chuckwagon

I'm checking in as asked.
IIT
Jason Marshall / Chuckwagon -
attended Colebrook, CT
December 12-13, 2009 and Colebrook, CT Mar 20-21, 2010
"His tall gaunt form, his grey locks floating in the breeze, and the color of his steed distinguishing him from the other Americans, and the British gave him the name of  "Death on the Pale Horse".
(Account of the exploits of Hezekiah Wyman on the 19th of April 1775)

The Log

The Log reporting for IIT duty after the Colebrook shoot last weekend! Glad to be on board.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

vernic82

++)DUH......guess I just got around to this.....er um even though I've been here :-[
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

asaksa

Hope this checks me in too
My first Appleseed with my boys in Colebrook. It is our first of many

CortJestir

Welcome asaksa! It sure was nice to meet you and your boys last weekend. It's great to have you aboard. Thanks for helping us get the word out.  O0

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

freedominnumbers

Harvard, MA April 17-18 2010 "April 19"  (216)
Lebanon, CT January 29-30 2011 (232)

CortJestir

Welcome, freedominnumbers! Thanks for checking in. Were you in Hartford or Harvard this weekend by chance?

freedominnumbers

Made it up to Harvard. Was originally going to do Hartford but I procrastinated too long. :wb:

All for the better I suppose. More rifles in more places.

I actually just finished cleaning my rifle yet again. I just couldn't get all the fine grit out of the action.
Harvard, MA April 17-18 2010 "April 19"  (216)
Lebanon, CT January 29-30 2011 (232)

Glock23

davidgw1

Hey, Todd!  Just found this thread. Checking in from East Providence, RI (not all THAT far from CT).  Hope to see you in Chaplin in June.  DW

kDan

Hey CJ, Vernic, Tom, all you guys.

I guess I can call myself a part-time CT guy.  Dad's in Stonington, Sisters are in Plainfield, Westerly (RI), and another at Yale (go figure).  My brothers band plays in New London a lot.  I used to race Ensigns in Fisher's Island Sound and pull lobsters off the break-waters along Mystic and off Napatree Point, unloaded trawlers at the town-dock all night long for two summers.  I'll be at the "Blessing of the Fleet" in July.  Let's have a beer and dance to covers of Bad Company songs.

Also, I have worked a couple three four events up yonder.

So, yeah... if you ever get rockers, send me one!  And if you need anything, I'm just a metro-north ride away.

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

vernic82

You got it Brother KD!

Quote from: kDan on May 08, 2010, 06:49:16 PM
Hey CJ, Vernic, Tom, all you guys.

I guess I can call myself a part-time CT guy.  Dad's in Stonington, Sisters are in Plainfield, Westerly (RI), and another at Yale (go figure).  My brothers band plays in New London a lot.  I used to race Ensigns in Fisher's Island Sound and pull lobsters off the break-waters along Mystic and off Napatree Point, unloaded trawlers at the town-dock all night long for two summers.  I'll be at the "Blessing of the Fleet" in July.  Let's have a beer and dance to covers of Bad Company songs.

Also, I have worked a couple three four events up yonder.

So, yeah... if you ever get rockers, send me one!  And if you need anything, I'm just a metro-north ride away.

-d-
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

fprintf

fprintf here.
Signed up for Simsbury in July. :---
*note: also going to Leyden, MA this Saturday. Psyched!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

smithy

When society serves individual there is freedom......
When individual serves society there is slavery....                                                        Ayn Rand
When 70 million gun owners in America will know how to shoot strait, the only target they will ever need to hit will be a paper target

Jonymo

Thanks to FredV, Kdan, and Mike for helping me qualify Rifleman. It was a great day, Jon 

glennz

Hi,
          Glenn here, just checking in.

SR9

Hi

Vin here and I am signed up for Saturday 9/18/10. Can't wait! :)

Faith452

Former Cook

Who_Me?

:bow: I AM HERE! and I'm going to the Hartford shoot
"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

DanT

Having been in the area for nearly a year I dunno if I'm adopted or just temporary... in any case -- Here I am, in Connecticut and signed up for the next Hartford weekend! 

Thank goodness it's 22s only this time, the M-N can stay in the closet and I'll have a better chance of attaining Rifleman.