News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interested in Learning More!

Started by Beaglejr1821, January 02, 2023, 08:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaglejr1821

Greetings! I was hoped to gain some knowledge about possibly becoming an instructor and possibly trying to grow this project in South MS. I would like to learn more no matter what! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Nick

DEH

Thanks for stepping up!.  I am sure you will get plenty of responses.  The first step in becoming an Instructor is attending an Appleseed (two actually) and scoring a Rifleman Score.  Check out https://appleseedinfo.org/schedulemap/ to find a shoot near you.  As it is early January not all of 2023 shoots are on the schedule, so check back often.

There were  at least 2 shoots in MS last year near Como, MS.  I would expect there to be some this year.

If there are no shoots near you, then you can bring a shoot to you.  I am sure southern MS could use some new Appleseed ranges.  If you have a connection to a range, you could begin talking to them about the possibility of hosting a shoot there.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

DEH

Here is some more info from our web page. https://appleseedinfo.org/our-instructors/

-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Jumjane

Is there anything in particular the range requires in order to host Appleseed?
Just moved to gulf of MS and will be doing some looking. The military here'll  be dragging their kiddos to the range for this!  Definitely need an event on the gulf!. Please let me know what the range requires and I'll go searching around :)

Charles McKinley

Appleseed needs  a host that WANTS US, a 25 meters and a safe backstop large enough to accommodate 15+ students at 3 feet plus's per student.

The wants of bathrooms and a classroom are very nice.

Support from the range helping to fill the lines and members that support the mission are needed to sustain the program at a range.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery