News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Patriot Day Appleseed in Winona

Started by vmt193, April 14, 2009, 12:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

Just a couple notes for shooters coming to Winona April 18-19:

Here are a couple pics to help you find the range. The large sign is posted at the corner where you turn off of Cty. Rd. #21. The other (wooden) sign is posted at the turn from the gravel road onto Gun Club Road.

Grilled burgers, brats, and hotdogs will be available at the clubhouse for lunches. Chips and soda are also available. All at a reasonable price!

Shooter advisory: Please be aware that there is very little ammo to be had in the Winona area. Be sure to bring whatever you'll need. As of last weekend, there is a small amount of .22LR to be had and one of the club members will have 1,000 rounds or so of Blazer .22 that he would sell for cost if anyone is gets in a bind.

See you there!!!

vmt

Whisker

It looks like rain this weekend.  The range has a roofing frame, which we could possibly put some tarps on top of and extend backwards to cover the firing line.  I'll bring my tarp.  If more people bring tarps, it is possible we could cover the entire line.  Bring a tarp!

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Mogget

The "framing" that you can see in pictures is there to deal with ricochets and does not extend far enough to cover the area of the firing line.  So yes, the temps are in the 50s and the forecast is for 50% chance of showers on Saturday and 30% on Sunday.   So folks might want to bring/wear whatever will keep them and their rifles dry [enough] for the event, since I understand that even hurricanes are not considered sufficient cause to shut down an Appleseed.  I've got a tarp to go under my mat, a poncho, a towel and plastic bag for the rifle, and my personal wet weather gear.  Hopefully, that will do it.

Mogs

vmt193

The weather man is predicting 50% chance of rain and by my calculations, he's wrong 60% of the time. ;D

If the weather does get real bad, we go to plan "B". Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome!!!

vmt

vmt193

AMMO UPDATE

I stopped FleetFarm in Rochester after the Tea Party yesterday and they have a pretty supply of CCI Mini-Mags and Blazers in bricks and an assortment of Winchester and Federal in 50 cnt. boxes.

If you're coming thru that way, that's your best bet to score some ammo right now.

vmt

Mogget

Latest Weather Forecast  (AKA what will NOT be happening, weather-wise)

Saturday:  Hi 73  Lo 45  20% chance of rain  winds from the S, SE at 5 mph

Sunday:  Hi 47   Lo 36  50% chance of rain    winds from the NE at 10 mph

Apparently, we're going to do at least three of the four seasons over the course of this weekend...

Mogs

AFTERMATH

That's typical Minnesota weather for you.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

I'm on my way!

I'll see you all there!

Liberty lies in the hands on those who choose to defend it.

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

russellmn

Was an AWESOME weekend!!!  Had an indicated 85* in the sun on Saturday!    :o  Then it rained (lightly) all Sunday.  Was great shooting both days!  A HUGE thank you to the instructors.  Thor, vmt, aftermath, whisker, and eric (sorry, I don't remember your screen name), THANK YOU!!!!!  You did a great job!  Hopefully my sister will get on here and post some pictures soon! 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

tc95gt

I agree EXCELLENT weekend. Learned a whole lot. Mostly learned I have a lot of work to do. All the instructors were knowledgeable and helpful. I'm trying to get to Elk River.

Embrace your wobble - Thor

O0

SkyWarrior

Quote from: russellmn on April 20, 2009, 12:58:57 AM
Was an AWESOME weekend!!!  Had an indicated 85* in the sun on Saturday!    :o  Then it rained (lightly) all Sunday.  Was great shooting both days!  A HUGE thank you to the instructors.  Thor, vmt, aftermath, whisker, and eric (sorry, I don't remember your screen name), THANK YOU!!!!!  You did a great job!  Hopefully my sister will get on here and post some pictures soon! 

Here i am!!  Besides the sun burn on my neck i got saturday, had a great time meeting and helping everybody who attended, and as was said, who else do you know that would shoot all day in cold, wet, windy weather, and do it with smiles on their faces!!?!!