News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty on the rocks

Started by Tracer Fire, July 27, 2009, 09:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracer Fire

This past friday nite was the first mtg for the" liberty on the rocks" group. This is a grass roots organization to wake up Americans to the fact that the ship is sinking(sound kinda familiar fred?)
There were 30+ people in attendance at the pub where it was held and 5 groups represented;2 Libertarian candidates, the lady who ramrods the Northwest Indiana Patriots group, The Appleseed project and two men from the Indiana Militia. Each group had a few minutes to explain their organization then the social hour started.
   We (a/s) had a lot of interest there from the attendees. The men from the militia inquired about an a/s just for their local members(about 50 +)and I talked to alot of other people there about our program.We were very fortunate to have 2 previous a /s shooters there also as they spoke up and expressed their thoughts.
  I'm supposed to go to a local club's range this week with "LOR's" organizer because they want to start having a/s shoots next season.

The next liberty on the rocks mtg is August 21 from 5-8pm at the Uno's pizzaria in merrillville. The restaraunt offers half price beers and appetizers to help draw in folks and is open to anyone with an interest.

The reprints(dillon and swat) went over really well along with the other handouts that hawkhavn sent.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to next month's mtg         

ItsanSKS

Let me be the first to say "GOOD JOB!"  on this one.  Sounds like a great place to network.  Be sure to bring business cards to the next meeting, if you didn't this time around.

I would be hesitant to offer a members only event for the Indiana Militia.  Not that *I* have anything against them, or that the RWVA does, but the media certainly has it out for *ANYONE* even remotely related to the various militia groups.

I would put it to them kindly that "we are not currently in a position to offer private classes for your members.  However, your members are more than welcome to attend one of our regular events..."  You could even bring up the fact that we not only instruct people on how to shoot a rifle, but we also teach those willing to learn, the finer points of instructing rifle marksmanship to others. 

If they have members in their midst that would not be adverse to becoming instructors, I'm sure we could make that happen. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

techres

I also have warning bells going off in my head.  Hawkhavn usually starts his welcome briefing to specifically state that we are not militia and I would see having a milita shoot as being incongruous with that.  I think confusion would be very easy to have, create, or slip into with a community that is very sympathetic to our mission but has a different mission of their own.

Having their members come to our shoot is awesome.  And having riflemen in their ranks take on the orange hat would also be great, so long as they understand the mind, mission and ego change that we all have to make when we put those hats on.

I believe firmly that part of my mission in Appleseed is to "help bridges between ammo forts" and the same goes here, except in this case the forts may appear so close that the bridge gets lost and the forts mingle ammo (mission) and that would be bad.

While it is I am less concerned about the press, it is a concern.  I am more concerned about an accidental SOM failure.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

Tracerfire,

Great job!  Glad the reprints went over well.  Please keeep us updated on the progress of these meetings.

PM to you and Techres on the 'private' shoot.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

alonso1

Well done Rusty O0

Call me if you need anymore reprints.

Mark

techres

In re-reading my post I realize that I forgot to congratulate Rusty which was a mistake!

Congrats Rusty!  Not enough people are taking the program to other groups like you have.  Paul Revere was a master in knowing who to know among groups beyond his and that mastery was what mattered dearly when it was needed most. 

Good job and good work!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

DaveD

Rusty,

Fantastic!  Keep up the great work  Bro

Dave
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

voortrekker

Rusty,

Keep up the strong work!

I will never forget the berm lit up from "Tracer Fire" in 2007, Davilla, TX.

Your Texas Brethren miss you.

I hope you and yours are well and happy.

Cigars, campfire light, infinite stars, southeast wind and good conversation.

Shooting off of Wade's flat bed at 400 yards.

Precious memories.

Burned into the mind of this Rifleman, forever.

Take care Rusty.

Brett
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

cannonman61

Hey Rusty!

Great to see you still hanging in there and doing such a good job.

I thought about you as my crew and I burned thru 140 cannon rounds out of Grendel at Ft. Niagra over the 4th of July weekend. I hope you had as big a bang on the 4th as we did1

Keep up the good work and come visit us in south Georgia again someday.

CM61-Dave
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.