News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls PA Appleseed July 25th-26th 2009

Started by B9, May 22, 2009, 02:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowdog

:-[

My apologoes for not reading closer. Just did not want to create a problem for an AS attendee There is a minimum $300  fine for violating the quarantine.

BTW Glad to have a fire for the August 15/16 AS here! Free wood will be available.
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

Hey_Dude

Actually good to know because I was still thinking of bringing small quanity of wood for the grill.  Guess I will go with charcoal and lighter fluid.  If possible, I would recomend emailing all those scheduled to attend about the quarrantine notice or atleast bump up in the thread.  Right now a 300.00 fine would not be good. 

Cowdog

Something for you campers to ponder: Brady's Run is named for Captain Samuel Brady, famed scout attached to Fort Pitt during the revolution. Brady was the Daniel Boone of these parts. The Revolution around here was a brutal war between settlers and British Indian Allies. Brady was an exceptional scout, always outnumbered, often pursued, rescuing captives, conducting ambushes;  there are so many Brady legends it is now nearly impossible to separate fact from fiction

You are also near the site of Fort McIntosh http://www.beaverheritage.org/ftmcintosh.htm
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

arpjoe

Cowdog,

Just read about Captain Samuel Brady on Wikipedia.  Wow!  Thanks for for the history tip.

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343