News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What's the deal with the special 3 day AS in sept?

Started by NCDoberman, July 31, 2009, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCDoberman

I was thinking about doing the AS on sept. 19-20 since it would be a great way to celebrate constitution day, but I saw that the event on the 5-7th is a 3 day "special" AS. What's special about it other than the extra day? I love the idea of the extra day and am leaning that way now but was wondering if there is something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Will
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

SavageShootr

Sept 7th is Labor Day. There are several 3 day Appleseeds that weekend.

I don't know of anything special other than that.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

EEL

Illinois, The "Land of Suck", is the home of the "3-day Appleseed".  A brain child of our State Co-ordinator, I think.  It seems to have caught on in a few other states.  SS is correct.  They usually run over the Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.  This year we also ran a 3 day over Independence Day weekend.  Probably cook out on the range 1 or 2 days also.

It gives the shooters an extra day for the same price as a normal 2 day event.  A few lot more rounds down range, a few more cracks at the AQTs, and some additional time for 1 on 1 instruction.  Can make for a looong weekend, but the persistence and perseverance might pay off.

Hope you can make it out to one of 3-day events we have running that weekend.  You will not be disappointed.   O0

EEL

P.S.  If you are comming out, and I hope you are, bring a bunch of your buddies!!  Tell them what a great deal you
       found!  Three days of rifle instruction, connecting with their Heritage, and a cookout(?) all for $70 bucks!!!
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

AFTERMATH

QuoteP.S.  If you are comming out, and I hope you are, bring a bunch of your buddies!!  Tell them what a great deal you
       found!  Three days of rifle instruction, connecting with their Heritage, and a cookout(?) all for $70 bucks!!!

That's one heck-of-a-deal!

I'm instructing in Winona, that weekend...But, hmmm.... "Land of Suck" isn't too far from there, so perhaps I may stop by on Monday. ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

NCDoberman

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'm going to try and do the 3 day AS in Ramsuer. I've been there before and enjoyed that range and the instructors. I'm pretty sure I can round up a few folks to come with.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

crashkid2k

That extra day is going to make things a lot easier for everyone; if we need to spend a little extra time on one or two topics, we can.

Most of the instructors will be the same as the April 19th group.

Come on out and bring a truckload of friends!  We're going to have a great time.

crash

smoke01

Will the upper range be open Sunday afternoon and Monday for those who qualify?

Thanks

Smoke

DragonWood

That is a great question smoke!

I have done a few shoots at Ramseur and a couple of boot camps and the KD range (that is the upper range) is alot of fun!

Ultimately it will be up to the Shoot Boss for that event. I don't see why they won't be using the KD, especially with the extra day! Hopefully the shoot boss will take a look at this post and tell you folks what to expect and what you will need to bring.

It is a great time and be sure to bring a friend or three!

DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

7.62BBQ

To answer smoke01's question about the upper range, yes we will be shooting on it Sunday and Monday. So bring your rifle and as much ammo as you care to shoot. We will shoot paper targets out to 400 yards and pop-up targets too :~ .

If you have never been to the RWVA home range, this is the weekend to come on down and shoot. You get an extra day of shooting for free. Bring your wives, buddies, brothers & sisters, co-workers, and elected representitives. You may(I mean will) be tired on monday night as you drive home, but you will have a grin from ear to ear.

To be in the company of Rifleman...priceless! I can't think of any place I'd rather be on Labor Day, hope to see ya there.

smoke01