News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Socorro, NM!!

Started by TaosGlock, September 02, 2009, 05:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Mark you calenders! BF and I got the very first Socorro, NM AS dates all set. It will be Nov. 7-8. Good central locale.
We gave them the what we are all about talk, handed out some targets/SWATS. Had a good question/answer session.
Lots of energetic young college types rarin' to go.
Some of them had already seen the web site and liked our concept. Your right, it's not about the shooting.
They made a motion right then and there to set a date. It is at their range.
More specifics to follow and we will get all the paperwork/details finalized...just got back from the 5 hour round trip drive and my brain is full.
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

nmmi9100

Way to go, Dan!  That's a short drive for me...quick zip down I-25.  I'll pencil this in on the calendar and hopefully the AS will solidify.

-David
Edgewood, NM

BobABQ

I need to check when I have exams but tentatively count me in!

SamD

Ok folks, In keeping with our fine tradition of non organization here in NM. I need a volunteer, a leader in the time honored tradition of General Jubilation T. Cornpone.1
We need someone to take charge of publicizing this here Socorro shoot.
Someone who will get the word to every nest of shooters, each group of homeschoolers, every boy scout troop leader and state representative. Someone who can wheedle and cajole the rest of us to great feats of publicity and pick out some new targets too,

Who will it be? Who is this fearless leader with their ear to the ground and eyes on the sky? Tom made the connection, BlueFeather and TaosGlock have sold the good people of Socorro on the virtues of having Appleseed in their town. Who, Who, Who shall lead the effort to convince the good citizens of New Mexico that they need to support the people of Socorro by attending an Appleseed Shoot there.

The fine folk in Socorro have even provided incentives to attend.
$29.95 motel rooms
The El Camino
La Pasadita (rellenos worth your life, and pretty fine sopapillias too!)
The Socorro Springs Brewrey
A sporting goods store that has some ammo
What is not to like?
Martha's Black Dog closed 4 years ago
but you can still sell this shoot without Martha's!

We need to hit it real soon.  Which hat shall I look under to find this paragon of organization and antlike industry, where where where....................

Sam

1"When we fought the Yankees and annihilation was near, who was there to lead the charge that took us safe to the rear? Why it was Jubilation T. Cornpone, old toot-your-own-horn pone. Jubilation T. Cornpone, a man who knew no fear"

Devnull

What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours.  **)

I'll organize the masses!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

We have a Winner!
Congratulations friend. You will have help.
Thank you for stepping forward.
Seventh step  O0

we can talk about it at the IBC

TaosGlock

Might I add the El Camino has a pretty decent menu. O0  The service is nice, don't think my coffee cup ever got below half way. @&)
Given the $29.95 rooms we actually considered not driving back to Las Cruces as it was gonna be well after midnight when we got back. %)
The college folks at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology are shooters, have a CMP program there and the college even teaches classes in
reloading. ;)
These guys have probably been thinking, "where have you guys been all along?" ^-^...so lets get this going. &)
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

BobABQ

Good news, I have an Exam the Thursday prior to the Appleseed in Socorro.

The professor teaching the other class hasn't decided on dates for tests yet.

It looks very promising for me and possibly my Wife Karin to attend the Socorro Appleseed.