News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso Community College August 15-16 AAR

Started by WestTx, August 17, 2009, 08:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestTx

Attendees: 7 Saturday and 7 Sunday
Attendees demographics: 2 adult females, 1 senior adult male, 1 10 year old, 1 12 year old, 2 twentysomething males. Of the 7, 2 had previous experience shooting with rifles. The rest were newbies with firearms and rifles in particular. Especially gratifying during this weekend were the two young boys who took to the formal Appleseed instruction likes ducks to water! Joseph and Sean were model youths the entire time. I assigned Grizzled One to be their mentor and separated them from their Dad, Robert, so he could concentrate on becoming a Rifleman. The Young Couple- Rene and Sheryl- were amazing for their tenacity and enthusiasm. And Old Charlie came down from SamD's neck of the desert to participate. He was a hoot. And a former Englishman to boot.
The IIT's were numerous as all were anxious to learn and to pass the learning on: Grizzled One(the new El Paso Promotions Coordinator), jheoff (Johnny Eoff of EPCC fame), 2336-(Rickey Rudd), Marcia Allen who is moving closer to achieving a consistent Rifleman score, and the esteemed Trailblazer.
SamD came down and performed in his usual exceptional manner, taking the mantel when I fell ill Saturday morning. I returned Saturday afternoon and we continued on Sunday. Three Strikes and the Aftermath were told on Staurday with Dangerous Old Men recounted together with Women of the Revolution on Sunday.
Two Rifleman were forged: Rene and Robert. Both are planning to return with friends and family.
Another comfortable, air conditioned Appleseed courtesy of EPCC and Johnny Eoff.
And a well done to all.
Rifleman. That says it all.