News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How about an Appleseed in West Georgia?

Started by Southern Grey, January 23, 2009, 03:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern Grey

I was told just last night that we could conceivably set one up here in the Carrollton, Georgia area.

It would be a single long firing line, though, some 250 feet wide by estimate.

It's pasture, but it's also bottom land and can get to be a real mess with sufficient liquid sunshine.

At this point I cannot allow as to whether camping would be allowed, but there is no immediate water supply.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."
                                                 -- Ayn Rand

funfaler

Your land?  If not, just get permission from the land owner (sounds as if you have?)

Here is the Host Application:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=607.0

Get the Host Appliation Information and get that information to either 'smle' or 'Dug'in' here on this forum.  You can PM them or myself with questions, if you have any.

Pick a date, all dates are open, except April 19th, unless they want to consider 4-5 events for the year  ;)

I say, Let's make this happen, and the sooner the better!

Good job!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Buzzstrike

Wow, thats not to far from me and a few others.

Keep up the good work, and please keep us updated.

Buzz.
Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Southern Grey

I finally had an opportunity to visit the proposed site for a West Georgia Appleseed.

The lay of the land is such that it would likely accommodate about 20 to 25 shooters. It is the situation of the backstop that concerns me somewhat.

While the shooters would actually be laying prone pointed slightly, very slightly, in a downhill position, the hill that would serve to stop the rounds is one of about a 20 - 25° grade that rises approximately 30 yards at the centermost point.

Please let me know what you think. Personally, I'm a bit leery of the idea.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."
                                                 -- Ayn Rand

franklinfarmer

Is there any more news on this, or is it a no-go?
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Buzzstrike

Take a look at this thread.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8089.0

I know it's not up off of I-20 but it is on the west side of the state.

Kinda.

But a possible DAR.  WOOT.

Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)