News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 Appleseed schedule

Started by biathlon, July 02, 2009, 09:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biathlon

Thanks to the hard work of all the Wyoming Instructors we've had a great year with a few more shoots still for late summer and fall. It's time to begin planning for the post holiday,2010 schedule. I've 2 shoots pending for January and February so far with the final dates to be confirmed after the 4th of july but that leaves the rest of the year open.  8) What sort of attendance totals have we so far?  :))

colonial shooter

Douglas, Newcastle,Kemmerer, and Jackson had okay attendance, the rest had lower than expected turnouts. These are mostly new venues and should bring more next year. BTW I/we need range info ASAP.  Fred will also be glad to see another version of the "frozen chosin" in WY.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

biathlon

Riiight. :o He's gonna show up in -20 weather with the snow up to his @$$ **) **) **) My next pow wow is the third week this month and I'll try to post some photos here. I also need to get back to the 100 yard multi purpose range with a tape measure for some real approximations of max capacity. There are a WHOLE LOT of new gun/rifle owners here in 5 county now and I hope to have many of them attend our shoots next year. &)

craigercj

Hey, each shooter can have their own lane dug out through the snow. No chance of shifting to your neighbor's target if you can't even see it!

Will there be any instruction on snow caves?

risky buisness

hey biathlon, just checking, what was the concensus for your Jan Feb shoots, I may have to start knitting wool sox so I better know soon! Oh does any one have the snow blower consesion down there yet?---risky
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

biathlon

Consensus? ++) Carve it in stone &) The only remaining detail is to know Sidneys schedule in Lander so as not to create scheduling conflicts there as I also need to be at the first few biathlon races there and Casper. I'll post the details here soon. We do get to put up an Appleseed specific bullitin board here at Laramie Rifle Range. :D

risky buisness

Outstanding, great work over there pardner, that should be a great venue for the program, pretty good population density locally and some good size towns near by, can't wait. By the way, would it be possible to whip up some IIT canidates from your end of the state? See I know this guy that can do an IBC------ risky
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

biathlon

All we can do is throw out the seeds and see what pops up. I'm still working on my own certification too. Look at the thread I started right under this one, "Cold is good". Those folks in Lander will prolly play a pivotal role in this winter planning.  :D

colonial shooter

Whats happening with this Biathlon?
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

biathlon

As of monday night it's a done deal. I put a thread up in the promoting Appleseed forum and Funfaler moved it to the regional forum. I'm still having access problems. Where should I send your paperwork Sam? We have exclusive use of the multi purpose range out to 100 yards for the 6th and 7th of february. We may also have the canyon range for the full distance shoot on sunday. It will probably be sorta nippy. :D I'll be home tonight if ya need to chat. 307-460-3502

TheCount

Thanks to all of biathlon's hard work the Laramie shoot is now officially on the schedule!    O0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10452.msg86835#msg86835

This one has been a long time in the making folks, so let's make it something special.

biathlon

OK boys and girls :D Last year Fred asked for more winter Appleseeds &) Be careful what ya ask for :D :D This is gonna be a COLD one! We'll have some instruction on just about everything cold related at this Appleseed and go over some history of the winter fight, 1775/1776. I do believe Wyoming will set a new standard next year and hope many of you from all over will make it a priority to attend this one ++) ++) ++) Pray for snow.

Beulahtrash

I plan on heading down down to Laramie to help out, possible draggin Jared with me. Who else?
Just doing what I can with what I got. - Burt Gummer

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Beulahtrash

Just doing what I can with what I got. - Burt Gummer

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer