News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

talking with Eau Claire Rod and Gun

Started by Trisha, July 15, 2009, 01:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

I have been trying to get an Appleseed up near the Eau Claire area and I have received a phone call today from someone up there asking about the program. He told me at this point he is trying to get as much information as possible about the program before they can really consider having one held there.

He asked if there are any instructors certified to teach hunter classes, and if there are can you let me know. This is something that he had asked a couple of times so if any of you are please let me know! Thanks.

If anyone lives up there and can help me out please also let me know.

Trisha

Fred

OK, Great Lakes ITs/IITs - what about it?

Granted, hunter safety/training is not part of AS, but I bet you can convert such by adding a few comments about the Rev War into "AS light" - a little is better than nothing - and it might lead them to come to a later AS...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

vmt193

Trisha

Check with "Reginmund" here on the forums. I'm pretty sure he's already looking for ranges around Eau Claire. I sent him some flyers for the MN/WI shoots and he was going to post them around town.  I think he's coming to La Crescent next weekend. After that he'll be able to talk to the local clubs with some first-hand experience under his belt.

vmt

Old Glory!

Trisha, 

Eau Claire would be great.  Thanks for working on this.

You could invite a board member or two to attend at Lodi, July 25 or 26, and see what Appleseed is all about. 

If they are serious about preserving our liberty, they will not mind a 2 hour drive to witness a program that is taking leaps and bounds to educate Wisconsinites and Americans in our American Heritage, and our duty as citizens. 

They are the LEADERS of their club.  You know.....they wear the shirts that say "follow me". 

Encourage them to lead their club towards a program that will interest new shooters and pass on the traditions of our Forefathers.  Time is slipping away...there is an urgency for liberty minded folks to unite and work together.  Appleseed will add vitality to their range.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SamD

Trisha,
You get a shoot up in Eau Claire or Chippewa, that would be great.
Most folks up there cannot think "rifle" without thinking hunting.
Keep pressing, they can be made to come around.

Love to do a shoot up there myself.

Sam

dragonfly

If someone can get me some range info. Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Black River Falls, or WI Rapids area.
Lets get some Appleseeding done in this part of the state.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.