News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed "practice" in NY @ Calverton?

Started by Vergeltung, August 31, 2009, 02:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergeltung

Hey everyone. Very glad to hear the October shoot at Calverton is a go. we have alot of eager returnees from the August shoot, and more.

there's a possibility, I've heard, that Harry the owner of the range will allow us to use the same seperate field for an Appleseed "practice", as long as we have 20 shooters committed. did he discuss that with any of you guys? (kDan, Josey Wales)?

alot of my guys are asking me to set it up....can you tell me what you know?   ;)

thanks in advance.

Vergeltung

B9

They are called Mini Appleseeds in Applesespeak.  :)

I would say it gets people whipped up into a frenzy for the next shoot, but I don't think you want to get them Long Islanders any more whipped up with out Rampart on the phone.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Vergeltung

Quote from: B9 on September 01, 2009, 03:18:32 PM

I would say it gets people whipped up into a frenzy for the next shoot, but I don't think you want to get them Long Islanders any more whipped up with out Rampart on the phone.

understood. I am going to do a mini-seed soon at Calverton. going to set it up, but, it will have to be on the regular firing line w/adjusted targets for 50 yards.

heck, practice is practice. :)

B9

Quote from: Vergeltung on September 02, 2009, 10:11:13 AM
Quote from: B9 on September 01, 2009, 03:18:32 PM

understood. I am going to do a mini-seed soon at Calverton. going to set it up, but, it will have to be on the regular firing line w/adjusted targets for 50 yards.

heck, practice is practice. :)

Yes and no.

Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
Meaning be sure you are doing all the six steps with proper steady hold factors or you are just building bad habits and wasting ammo.

On the flip side.... perfect is the ememy of good enough.
4 moa is good enough. You can work on getting better than that after everyone you know can shoot 4 moa.

(Not 100% sure who said that stuff first so I won't quote anyone, but I heard it from Nickle, kDan, Slim and others. (more than a few times)

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

StoutOfHeart

Any update on if/when this "Mini-Appleseed" is happening? Cost? Typical daily range fee? I'd really like to put a few rounds downrange before the official Appleseed.

Vergeltung

we can't get the private area unless we have insurance. so, it is then just a matter of meeting up with some friends at the regular firing line. it's all we got.  :)

kDan

Let me know when you guys do this.  Depending on when it is, I might be able to make it, although probably not.

-d-

by the way, personal messages are the way to get me.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

StoutOfHeart

Any chance for October 2nd? It's a Friday so it shouldn't be too crazy... although I haven't been there in awhile so it might be for all I know.  I'll probably be there in the morning when it opens regardless.

I really want to sight in my LTR before the Calverton Appleseed. And run the AR a little, too. Just to prep for the second day.  O0

Vergeltung

did one spur of the moment yesterday.  :)

can't do the 2nd of Oct., gotta work and then get the kids off the bus. sorry man!