News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CANTON MINERVA JUNE 13/14

Started by redman1, June 15, 2009, 08:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redman1

What a great shoot! Lots of Rifleman.The weather was very pleasent this year compared to last years shoot.Tom the owner of the site provided good food for the shooters,and we all appreciated that very much..thanx Tom.

2 women made rifleman
1 youngster made it
2 AR-15 shooters made it
not sure how many others,and there was alot of improvements.
Over all these men women  young people  were all very good shooters.

And one  more thing the Birdman Knows very much how to Camp!

red
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.To subdue the enemy without  fighting is the highest skill..
-SUN-TZU

The less effort,the faster and more powerful you will be..
-Bruce Lee

MeanStreaker

Excellent!  Wish I could've been there.  I was thinking of everyone while at my family obligation this weekend.

Hopefully the SB or someone will post details about our new Riflemen so I can update the Ohio Listing.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Morne

During one of the historical readings a bald eagle was spotted circling the firing line.  Quite an impressive, and inspiring, sight!

I (finally) shot a Rifleman score.  Yes, it took three (3) AppleSeeds and two (2) years to do it.  But hey - no sense in quitting.

redman1

Quote from: Morne on June 15, 2009, 06:14:48 PM
During one of the historical readings a bald eagle was spotted circling the firing line.  Quite an impressive, and inspiring, sight!

I (finally) shot a Rifleman score.  Yes, it took three (3) AppleSeeds and two (2) years to do it.  But hey - no sense in quitting.

journey begins now
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.To subdue the enemy without  fighting is the highest skill..
-SUN-TZU

The less effort,the faster and more powerful you will be..
-Bruce Lee

Jake

This was my first Appleseed Event (and my first post here).  I had an fantastic time.  The volunteers were nothing short of incredible.

I couldn't have achieved Rifleman status (which I'm VERY proud of) without there continuous support and instruction.
This morning I was comparing my first day  starter target and my second day target.  Night and Day!

The Bald Eagle was indeed inspiring.     I plan on keeping up with the skills I learned and have all ready begun working on planting seeds among those who I had contact with today.  I'll continue to drop those seeds where and when I can.  O0

Congrats to those who also achieved Rifleman status.
Hope for the Best - Plan for the Worst

arpjoe

Pictures attached.

I think I have it now.  Tried three times and finally found the picture that I thought I had resized which was causing the oversize attachment error.  Takes persistance!

I will comment on a later post.

Joe

(Comments added below after the pictures finally posted)

Saturday evening Rainbow portends the five Riflemen and one Jr Rifleman to qualifiy on Sunday.

Morne and Pam were the first.
Then Jake and Scottie.
Then Kelly.
Then Larry.

Pam and I are both members of Vienna Fish and Game Club.  I am especially proud of Pam for having attended her first Appleseed at Vienna F&G Club last April 18-19, practicing what she learned, then coming out Sunday to Canton/Minerva to qualify as Rifleman(woman).

Thank you Larry for the Revolutionary War Era history presentations you did.  The Appleseed Project is also about American Riflemen as defenders of liberty.  Larry qualified as Rifleman at this shoot and has also stepped up to volunteer to be an Intructor In Training.

It was my pleasure to meet for the first time and work with our Shoot Boss, Believer, at Canton/Minerva.  Also my pleasure to work with the other instructors; Birdman, BeeFree, Redman1, 74kaak47.  Sorry to miss Dinky Dao and Cannonman61.

Thank you to the shooters who signed up and spent their time with us to learn rifle marksmanship and heritage of the American Rifleman.

Joe

Click on the image and the picture gets bigger!!
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

74kaak47

Thanks to all of the instructors and shooters that attended the Appleseed.  I had a great time, and would not have wanted to spend my weekend anywhere else.  Congrats to all of the new Riflemen, and I look forward to working with you all in the future. And I would also like to send thanks to Tom the landowner for his continuing support of Project Appleseed, as he has been extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. 
When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun
          -The Clash, Guns Of Brixton

BeeFree

It was once again a privilege and a pleasure to spend the weekend with so many Riflemen-and-women-and junior! and soon-to-be Riflemen and women and juniors!  I want to thank the jr rifle team for their delicious lunches, and for sending me home with more ammo than I arrived with (first time that has ever happened!).  I hope to see you all on the trail again soon - perhaps even here in MI at the Fenton shoot in August...

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Birdman

Thanks to all that made this shoot happen.  I am thrilled that so many Shooters qualified Rifleman.  My hope is that all the others learned something that will help them in the future and that they will continue on the Appleseed Trail. 
A big thank you to SB Believer for making the long drive from Kentucky, and BeeFree from Michigan.
All the instructors I've had the privilege of working with are top notch!
I am really tired out but filled with a sense of accomplisment that is hard to explain. It is the accomplishment of others, not my own.  I saw many shooters getting a bit upset with many scores just under Rifleman time after time.  I asked several what finally clicked that put them over. One said it was something Believer said to them.  Boy, I gotta find out what he said to them!
Best Wishes to all,
Birdman

PS And yes, I did get poison ivy !@#)