News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wisconsin Monthly Shoots

Started by BELT FED JASON, September 04, 2007, 01:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BELT FED JASON

When do we want to have a Shiocton appleseed and for that matter Long Lake?

The range at Shiocton can not be reserved untill Jan 1st 2009
I can talk to Skip in Long Lake at any time.

Let me know and I'll get in touch with them.

Jason

fepowered

June 6-7th would be nice....     
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Old Glory!

2008 Memorial Day weekend was successful in Shiocton with something like 44 attendees, right?  June 6-7 would work too, since fepowered is already signing up to IIT.   ;)

Since this is the Wisconsin Monthly Shoots thread    ^-^  is there any chance of Shiocton becoming a DAR?  With an AS the first weekend of each month?  Just asking.  ;)

Let's get something scheduled at Long Lake too.  I wasn't able to go there last year, but hear it is an awesome "up north" experience. 

og
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

Quote from: Old Glory! on December 10, 2008, 10:24:40 AM
.........since fepowered is already signing up to IIT.   ;)
It goes without saying..... O0
I am pretty frustrated that I can not make the IBC this weekend because of work, but I know there will be other opportunities after the first of the year.......

Quote from: Old Glory! on December 10, 2008, 10:24:40 AM

Let's get something scheduled at Long Lake too.  I wasn't able to go there last year, but hear it is an awesome "up north" experience. 

A little earlier in the year would be nice for Long Lake.   Late August maybe??
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

colycat

[/quote]
It goes without saying..... O0
I am pretty frustrated that I can not make the IBC this weekend because of work, but I know there will be other opportunities after the first of the year.......

Fe,  I will try to get an IBC, in WI before April 19th.  I will talk to the guy this weekend and see when he is available.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

fepowered

Quote from: colycat on December 12, 2008, 08:58:33 PM
Fe,  I will try to get an IBC, in WI before April 19th.  I will talk to the guy this weekend and see when he is available.

That would be cool....   I will try and drag Mike along also...   (he made Rifleman at Long Lake)...

SamD

You folks do any shoots neat Mauston or Warrens?
I have a couple live ones for you.

Sam

fepowered

I don't know about local shots, but Warrens isn't far from the Winona MN Appleseed and Mauston would be a couple of hours from the Shiocton WI one.....

Fred

Man, two pages, and 37 replies - and I still don't see anything you can call "Wisconsin Monthly Shoots"?

You guys are kiddin', right? :)

On a site where you know we don't kid around - right? !@#)

Now, what say we cut all the dribble, and get serious about if we can see some "Wisconsin Monthly Shoots"? :~

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the bottom line goal is some shoots in Wisconsin every month... :)

Sheesh....guess we need to find a woman and put her in charge, so you guys will get organized. ;D ;D ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

colycat

Fred

Point taken.  About the only shooting around here this time of year is at filthy animals,  usually standing because of global warming, the snow is already up to my knees.  Winter starts on the 21 first.  Oh Boy :( :( :(

Merry Christmas.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

JoeZ

Battlerifle match at the dbcl.org(Holy Hill area)
this is a QDAQT open to the public shot at 200 yds.
April (19)
June
Aug
Dec

if you have any questions PM JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

JoeZ

We had six Appleseed alumni and a few club members shoot. Weather was good and my son Colin(16) shot his first rifleman score so it was a great day for me. Next month someone can call as my next shoot is in June.
Later,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

bedford

If anyone is in the Norway/Niagara area and is interested in mini Appleseeds - we have constructed a 25 M range that needs to be broken in!  I need to practice my instruction/line calling so PM me if you want to set something up, and I can work around your schedule.  I have extra equipment you could borrow if needed.

JoeZ

June 28th is another Battlerifle Match (200 yd AQT) at the Daniel Boone club. Call or PM JoeZ with any questions.

JoeZ

Dismal showing of shooters at this meet. Only three but the weather was fantastic. Two more meets for 2009 on the books of the Daniel Boone Club. Aug 2nd and Dec 27th. Remember this match is open to the public.

Muskyjerk

Sorry I missed the 28th... I will make the next one.......