News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HEADS UP IL!!! Danville is on the Schedule/ IBC in Riley, IN

Started by Garand69, June 11, 2009, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

We need an all out promo effort on Danville. It has just been added to the schedule, and it seems Team Wurstmacher has stepped up to the plate to help with Instruction.

What we need is a broad promo effort by everyone. Let let folks know about this shoot ASAP.

You can find shoot info and flyers to print here.......

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7578.0

And of course, if your a SB and your reading this, we could use your expertise here  <:)

As for the all those Orange Hats that are not signed on to Danville already, you have an oppurtunity to bump yourself up a notch in Riley IN.
There will be an Instructor Boot Camp held that weekend in conjuction with an Appleseed at the same range. Riley is just East of Terre Haute and is the closest IBC to Illinois for quite some time. Take advantage of this opportunity!!!!
Here is the link

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/361129147%20%20
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

metalbot

Quote from: Garand69 on June 11, 2009, 10:33:57 AM
And of course, if your a SB and your reading this, we could use your expertise here  <:)[/size]

Are you looking for help with promotion, or for a SB for the event?

I'm a SB, but I live in Texas.  However, Danville is nearly home for me (I'm from Champaign).  If we think this is a big enough event to pay airfare for, I'd be happy to fly in.  I'm encouraging a couple of friends from Champaign to attend this event, and it would be great to be an instructor on the line.
Davilla 1108

Garand69

Thanks for Asking Metalbot, yes we need both promotion and an SB.

We have it set up for 40 shooters with a relay, so I'm not too sure how well that would work with airfare, though if we can squeeze you into one of those fixed rate USPS boxes, hmmmmmmm........

Or better yet ship you with the shoot box O0
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

Yes, Yes, Yes Garand....I'm checking my schedule.  Sheesh!  Talk about no patience   &)    Let's see....no covert incursions into Wisc that weekend....still checking.

Will advise

EEL

Nickle

Let's get a quote on airfare for Metalbot to go anyways.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Garand69

Hey Illinois Orange Hats, I added some important info to the original post on this thread, check it out!!!

Metalbot, where would you be flying out of?
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

metalbot

Davilla 1108

OddBall

Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

TheEditor

Danville is my home range, I want to be an instructor there.  I've PM'd Nickle.  Not qualified (haven't jumped through all the hoops) to be shoot boss.  But I'm willing to learn. 

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

5 pre regs for Danville so far, and I haven't even hit the promotions hard yet in Champaign County.  Will be doing so as of this week.  35 slots to fill, 33 days to fill them. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

EEL

Southern Illinois and Western Indiana......How 'bout it??

Gonna let this shoot drift by?  Team Illinois will be at the ISRA open house Saturday 6/27 pushing this shoot.

A little help on this one guys?  Let's get the word out

EEL

M.E.

Matriarc of Team Wurstmacher here, we are promoting this one pretty hard.  I think the first 5 preregs are people we have gotten off the couch.  Word out to many, many more!  Let's fill this one up Illinois!!  Love having the opportunity so close to home base.  Thanks to The Editor for opening up this range to us!

M.E.

TheEditor

I have definite mail ins from six people, talked to another tonight that is pretty definite, and have 12 that I'm calling in the next couple of days; pretty sure we can get 8 or 10 of them.  Handed out another hundred fliers last night at guns save life.com meeting, with instructions to spread the word. 

Don't be fooled by the 7 pre regs to date. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Two more mail ins confirmed today for Danville, and two more online pre-regs.  Also, notice posted at www.gunssavelife.com/blog

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Garand69

Great Work TE, keep it up  O0

For you Orange Hats signed on the Danville, keep getting that word out and for those Orange Hats not signed on to Danville, don't forget about that IBC in Indiana! The soonest IBC on the Schedule in Illinois isn't until December!!!!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

TheEditor

We now have 11 pre-regs on line, and I have forms, checks and or committments from a minimum of 10 others, with about 5 more good possibility maybes.  I think we'll get some other walks ons as well. 

Looking forward to it. 

EEL, I'll call you tonight after I get off work. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com