News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A promotions boss/team needed in Pa.

Started by 303shooter, June 05, 2009, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

303shooter

Hello team, were growing and its great!  We now need a promotions boss to help out with coordinating promotions for our future events.  Heres how it works. The promo boss would work with the state coordinators, the boots on the ground person (BOTG) at each event, and with other volunteers, to get the word out by emailing clubs, groups, etc in the area, posting and dropping off flyers at gun shops, sports stores, grocery stores etc., Its really a simple job that would only take a couple hours a week to stay on top of, but it will mean SO much to the success of appleseed in Pa, because we can set up all the shoots in the world, but if no one knows about them, we wont get shooters to the line and  unfortunatly the program will fail. 

Heres a little example of how it would work,  Lets say we schedule an event near York, Pa., i would contact the Promo boss (PB) with details of the event etc, the PB would then work with the BOTG and others willing to "do a little to achieve a lot" and get the emails and flyers out to the groups and businesses. A simple concept that with a little work means BIG results.

I will help with getting promo material we will need, with finding places to promote to etc. we have all the procedures and material available to us from the national program, we just need to utilize it. I will work hand in hand with the PB so dont feel that you will be on your own, were a TEAM and we will be here for each other.

I would do the job myself, but its too much to do the Asst. Coordinator job and the promo jobs both effectively.  So im asking for some help on this. Theres lots we can do.  We can even set up a 2 or 3 person Promo team which would be REALLY great and probably optimum.  So if anyone is interested, has ideas or questions please PM me or post here.  And as always, thanks...Denny

Knight Kadosh

Hi Denny,

FYI,

I just started handing out and posting the "Manheim_PA_-_All_2009" PDF printed on Hi-visibility Florescent Orange paper yesterday, while encouraging businesses and organizations to post these flyers on their bulletin boards as well as on their windows.

Police stations, fire stations, mini markets, hardware stores, gun shops, etc., etc.

Hopefully this will have a measurable effect on the number of attendees at the Manheim, PA Appleseed Events for the remainder of 2009. I wish there would be a way to measure which, if any, locations had or have the most results for future knowledge and my following up with a Thank you.

With any luck, it should help get the word out and drive attendance up!

I met Herb Mooney and 3-other RWVA members last weekend at the Manheim Appleseed Event. O0

Best Regards,

Brian
Mohnton Fish and Game Protective Association
http://www.mohnton.org/

mooney

Great work Brian!!!!! Thank you!!!!

I Knight The Sir Promotions Boss and Boots On the Ground for SE PA if you feel ready to take on the Quest and Charge.

I haven't seen or heard back from Denny (303Shooter) in a while so he may not be involved anymore  :-[ I hope he comes back soon. He was a huge help while i was out of commission for the last 3 months.

In any case your help is welcome and I look forward to seeing you again soon at an Appleseed or informally some time outside of a formal event.

Mooney
PA State Coordinator
pa@appleseedinfo.org
RWVA.org
Mooney

Knight Kadosh

Hi Herb,

I presume since I'm specifically promoting the Manheim, PA Appleseed Events this year I should join RWVA.

So, I just did. <:)

It's amazing how warmly this is being embraced, yet the numbers will need to speak for themselves, and hopefully will.

The gun shops, paint ball shooting ranges and especially the hardware stores that sell ammo were particularly interested in promoting these Appleseed Events, in hopes of seeing some Appleseed Events migrate more locally next year.

I said fine, but for this year an overwhelming number of attendees will need to show up at Manheim from Eastern Lancaster County before we can justify holding even one Appleseed Event more centrally located for their convenience.

Oddly enough, there was significant interest among some members of the Plain Communities of Amish and Mennonites here in Eastern Lancaster County.

I still need to get my 210 points! :-[

Best Regards,

Brian K Rote
Lancaster County Promo Boss

Knight Kadosh

Herb,

Friendly Update:

In the last 2-days I got flyers posted with permission, or had the flyers posted for me with proper permission, in over 25 locations.

Some of my future targeted locations for flyers are out of my daily sales territory; thereby I will post them on the weekends or evenings.

Some other future locations that are in my sales territory may simply be too far from Manheim and most people would not be willing to travel that far, (i.e., the Law of Diminishing Returns).

I'll save those for future Appleseed Events that would be nearer to them, per se.

In any case, my goal is to have over 100-flyers posted by this Sunday, within an area that is close enough to Manheim that the majority of interested people would be more than willing to take the drive.

Furthermore, I will start pursuing online community events calendars and local penny saver newspapers if costs are reasonable.

I'll keep you posted!

Best Regards,

Brian Rote
Lancaster County Promo Boss

Spanner

KK,

Good man! O0  I'm planning to be at the Manheim shoots that don't conflict with the WV DAR or Slippery Rock PA DAR dates.  Looking forward to working with the fruits of all your efforts  :o
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Knight Kadosh

Salutations Spanner,

Hats off to you and your wife Betsy, how many people would let a total stranger use their rifle, yet you and Betsy unconditionally loaned me your rilfe!

In any case Spanner, you and Betsy, as well as the RWVA instructors who made a sincere presence  to teach us and instruct us towards real rifleman skills, made me a believer with a sincere desire to teach other people to shoot expert.

Trust me, like you there is no political agenda here, only teaching people to shoot expert.

What can I say Spanner, I am a country boy, or at least I was once.

In any case I tell you the truth, from a local cultural opinion,

Romans 13.4 states,

4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Forgive me for my soap box drama, but please accept my Mennonite brethren and my Amish brethren, they are farmers, but they are good people, willing to learn how to protect their religious freedoms!

My Brothers, this is going to be a cornucopia of freedom.

There are two key subsets, the Signers (who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776) and the Framers (who were delegates to the Federal Convention and took part in framing or drafting the proposed Constitution of the United States.

Therefore my Brothers, these are my best friends, help me teach them how to shoot, off hand, not bench rest! :'(

Best regards,

Brian

mooney

Brian,

YOUR EFFORTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Welcome aboard again, AND well said. All of your brothers and friends are welcome. Let me know how i can help and I will.

Mooney
Mooney

brickhouse

KK,

No problem, we were glad to be able to help out. We will all be at Hallstead, PA this weekend (July 25-26); Spanner, myself and "shifty" (the loaner 10/22). Plans have yet to be finalized, but if all goes to plan,  "shifty" will have a blank dance card. If you want to head up the road a piece we can knock out patches together!   O0

We will not know definite availability until Friday, but please feel free to send me a pm if you are interested

brickhouse (/betsy)

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

B9

I was scheduled to IIT at Beaver Falls this weekend but due to some issues can not make it. I can help at Hallstead for Saturday and have several loaners available. If you need one send a PM.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin