News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The new Western PA DAR

Started by B9, June 02, 2009, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Thanks to a most generous RWVA member Cowdog, Western PA now has a Dedicated Appleseed Range (DAR)! Some good work went into getting this set up by Mooney, 303shooter and Dinky Dao. We owe them all a round of thanks.

Now.......... When do we want to have the first one? Lets get everyone interested involved in setting a date. The nearby Beaver Valley shoot is July 25-26 so I am thinking mid August.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Fred

Cowdog, you're number 1!

The FIRST American in PA to step up with a place to make this program really put down some roots.

Hope we quickly get up to speed with 10-12 AS/yr, and start working on boot camps (rifle and instructor) to grind out the future Red Hats we'll be needing to handle all the crowds.

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

303shooter

Many thanks Cowdog for your dedication and patience in getting this DAR up and running!  Thanks also to Mooney, B964 and Dinky Dao for all that they have done to make this event come to life.  About dates,  mid August sounds good, am thinking and hoping that a lot of the shooters that go to Beaver Falls, full of appleseed energy, will want to attend the next nearest shoot which would be our DAR... just 2-3 weeks away and only an hours drive from the Beaver Falls area. Might go hand in hand idk

SamD

Cowdog is good people.
We have swapped a few PS's.
The man is a freedom loving American and was a supporter before he ever joined the forum  O0

I look forward to getting back East to check out his range and meet him in person.
Thanks Cowdog

Anyone that keeps herding dogs is pretty good too ;)

funfaler

Good work folks! 

Nice to see this happen and looking forward to many PA shoots there in the near future   O0 O0

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Cowdog

Gentlemen, Thank you for the kind words  :-[
but  thanks should go to b964 and 303 shooter for the final steps to get this moving.

While we are voting on shoot dates, I would also like to propose we have a "name that DAR" poll.

1. Isaac Davis Memorial DAR
2. Pennsylvania Associators Memorial DAR (At the beginning of the Revolution, Pennsylvania had no official militia-there were totally private volunteer groups known as "associators" They later made a difference in several battles)

I also thought about some local heroes from the revolution, such as Sam Brady, Hugh Mercer and Richard Butler, but they already have the local counties and towns named after them (Though sady most residents today dont know who they were or what they did.

Any other idea to name that DAR ?
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

Chainsaw

Timothy Murphy should have a range in PA named for him at some point!

Thanks for your work on this.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

B9

Quote from: Cowdog on June 03, 2009, 12:55:18 PM
Gentlemen, Thank you for the kind words  :-[
but  thanks should go to b964 and 303 shooter for the final steps to get this moving.

While we are voting on shoot dates, I would also like to propose we have a "name that DAR" poll.

1. Isaac Davis Memorial DAR
2. Pennsylvania Associators Memorial DAR (At the beginning of the Revolution, Pennsylvania had no official militia-there were totally private volunteer groups known as "associators" They later made a difference in several battles)

I also thought about some local heroes from the revolution, such as Sam Brady, Hugh Mercer and Richard Butler, but they already have the local counties and towns named after them (Though sady most residents today dont know who they were or what they did.

Any other idea to name that DAR ?

Is the name Slippery Rock is not fitting?  It has a ring to it like the sinking ship reference.

OK. Lets do a demostration of how it works. You vote, your vote gets counted. You don't vote, no complaining when it is named "Cowdog Range".
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

smwwoody

Nice Job

I grew up over in Elk County.  I go home to visit quite often.  If you ever need any help in north western PA just give a yell. I am always looking for a good excuse to go home for a visit.

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

MeanStreaker

This is great.  Where is it?  Unless I missed details, I just saw "an hour from Beaver Falls".  North?  South?
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

B9

Quote from: MeanStreaker on June 03, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
This is great.  Where is it?  Unless I missed details, I just saw "an hour from Beaver Falls".  North?  South?

Full Grizzly Adams beard types are welcome.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=116104161870883126522.000453b5782fcda852513&ll=43.739352,-75.146484&spn=12.697703,39.375&z=5
Medea Benjamin

arpjoe

Cowdog, great to hear your DAR is ready to schedule it's first Appleseed Shoot.  I had the pleasure of meeting SMWWoody at the New Canton, VA IBC in March 2009.  Woody is a great guy with a great family.  Woody even hosted the IBC at his place.

I'm close by so when you get a date for the first AS at your place, I'll sign up for IIT duty.

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343