News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need help with Bristol, WI

Started by Trisha, June 02, 2009, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

I spoke to the Operations Manager today about what they are doing to get the word out about AS. To my surprise there hasn't been a single thing at their club. The man said he hasn't heard from anyone at AS since the time back in the winter during a board meeting when it was proposed. I have sent him a flyer through email so he has something that will get things going over there. He is very willing to put information in their newsletter that comes out on June 15th and he is about to update their calendar since it only goes to July right now.

What I need from some people is to get over there and get AS promoted! We need people to get flyers over there so people will know about this event and get signed up for it. If you would do this, please send me a PM so I know what you will do over there and when you will go, thank you.

Trisha

Garand69

Trisha,

As soon as I have the Insurance info to relay to them, they will get the ball rolling.

I'll get back to you soon.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Trisha

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Operations Manager is wanting promotional AS information so he can help us out to get the word out.

Garand69, we need to get the insurance information to him ASAP since this shoot is just about 2 months away, when can you get it to him?

We still can spread the word about that AS while Garand is gathering the insurance information, so everyone pass out flyers, talk to everyone, lets get some pre-regs and make this AS a great success!  O0

Garand69

Trisha,

The Operations Manager is not our contact, I am very much in contact with our contact, and am very familiar with any deadlines we need to meet.

Also promotional material is being sent with the recently received insurance information, and they will have plenty to work with.

G69
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

MeanStreaker

Quote from: Garand69 on June 07, 2009, 09:15:47 AM
Also promotional material is being sent with the recently received insurance information, and they will have plenty to work with.

Awesome!  May I ask how many copies of fliers/articles they were sent?
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Trisha

Garand, I didn't know who the contact person was, so I called the number that I could find so I can talk to someone about what is happening at their range to help spread the word about Appleseed. Can you tell me what you have sent or are sending him so I have an idea? I just know that the man I spoke to said he does the website and the newsletter so I figured he would be a good person to talk to to make sure Appleseed is being promoted. I would appreciate a name and phone number of your contact since it would be very helpful for me the next time I call to see how things are going. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions especially regarding this matter.

Garand69

What Bristol needs, is Boots On The Ground in Southern WI and Northern IL getting flyers out to local Gun Shops/Sporting Goods Stores, Local Radio, etc etc etc.

The rest of the details, especially those dealing with our Host, are covered.

G69
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Old Glory!

If you live in the Bristol area, PLEASE CHIME IN HERE!  We need your help.  You are the Appleseed local "boots on the ground".

GIVE YOURSELF A PROMOTION!  Mr./Mrs. Bristol, B.O.T.G.  Sounds important, doesn't it?  IT IS!  Local BOTG is a MUST for the success of an Appleseed event. 

None of the BOTG work is difficult; answering a few questions by phone, e-mail or pm; hanging some flyers, communicating with the shoot boss.  Getting the event onto community calendars (newspaper and radio)  is pretty simple, and can be done by someone local who knows WHICH papers and radio stations to contact.  Hey, you don't even have to write the ads for the calendars; just ask for help here on this thread and you shall receive! 

Garand has already done all the HARD work scheduling the shoot. 

Trisha's doing her range liaison job following up with making sure that the RANGE is going to assist in promoting the Appleseed. 

Appleseed IS listed on the home page:
http://bristolranges.com/

With a nice link to the flyer:
http://bristolranges.com/Announcements/Appleseed%20Shoot%20August%202009.pdf

Which includes a link to the Appleseed website. 

All that is already done! 

So, who can pick up this local BOTG bucket?

OG

p.s. Garand, I forgot, what's the capacity on this range?  I know we talked about it, but cannot find it here on the forum. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Garand69

Capacity is a cooooool 65 OG

Yes you read that right Wisconsin SIXTY-FIVE!!!!!!!

Of course that only leaves room for 5 or 6 shooters from WI, we need room for IL afterall  **)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Robbvious

Quote from: Garand69 on June 08, 2009, 09:25:00 AM
What Bristol needs, is Boots On The Ground in Southern WI and Northern IL getting flyers out to local Gun Shops/Sporting Goods Stores, Local Radio, etc etc etc.

The rest of the details, especially those dealing with our Host, are covered.

G69

Not to worry, I'm putting up fliers in the Janesville area.  Good thing my motorcycle gets 40 mpg....
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

Old Glory!

Quote from: Garand69 on June 08, 2009, 11:28:20 AM
Capacity is a cooooool 65 OG

Yes you read that right Wisconsin SIXTY-FIVE!!!!!!!

Of course that only leaves room for 5 or 6 shooters from WI, we need room for IL afterall  **)

65!!! ALL ON ONE LINE!!!!!

If we have a range with a capacity of 65, EVERYONE better do EVERYTHING they can to fill this line! 

ROBBVIOUS, BOTG!  YOU ARE THE MAN <:)

On the day of this Bristol Appleseed, when we ask the shooters to RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU ARE FROM WI, WE BETTER SEE AT LEAST 60 HANDS GO UP. 8)  BTW, there are only 2 pre-regs as of today, so we'll see how many spots have a WI name on them.   &)

SHOOTERS, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!  We just finished Shiocton with 58 shooters on one line.  THAT is an INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL. 

Garand, I know how those IL tactics work >:D; you're going to be submitting some secret news release to the club newsletter promising ANYTHING to the IL members who attend the Appleseed.   Well, don't forget, there is a WI shoot boss signed up and maybe a little WI v. IL team shoot will be worked into the COF!

Oooogeeez

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Trisha

65? wow that is great. We have two months to spread the word! So, that means for everyone, we need to you hand out flyers and if you would like to contact me and ask me how you can help please feel free to PM me.

I just want everyone to know that I sent the operations manager information to put in to their newsletter and Garand69 if you have anything else you would like to add that would be great. Also, if you want to know what I sent them just PM me. I also made sure he had the links to the Appleseed home page, event info and registration. I also sent him a small paragraph about Appleseed that I thought he could put on his website. He has been doing a great job getting links up about Appleseed and is going to have Appleseed information in their newsletter. I would also like to add that he is and has been very cooperative with me and with Appleseed.

COLORADO

I'll help get some fliers out. Being in the transportation biz has its perks. 8)

On the other hand being engaged is cutting into my Appleseed availability. I'm trying to get my wife to be as excited as I am.  &) Easier said than done. @)
COLORADO

Trisha

Thank you Colorado for stepping up!

Old Glory!

Flyer for Bristol is attached at the bottom of the Event Information Page   :~ :~
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7006.0

fepowered

$36 in range fees per shooter??  Did anyone mention that we are non-profit?? 8)      It is still the least expensive 2 days of rifle training you will find around... O0
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Old Glory!

EEL

WOWWY, WOW, WOW !!!

O.G......Whom do us flatlanders need to thank for THAT???

Very nice   O0

EEL

P.S.  Please don't tell me it's someone from......well, you know......."up there"   >:D

Old Glory!

Wowwy woww woow is right.  I thought it was youse guys!

Old Glory!

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/

About the third topic from the top:
Smack dab in the shadow of Mordor...
...they'll be offering a 2-day Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic this August 15th and 16th.

It's fun!

It's a good skill to have!

It'll annoy Mayor Daley to no end!

Register now and avoid the rush!
Posted by Tam @ 9:16 AM   9 comments
Labels: Boomsticks, rifles, teh intarw3bz

Look in the comments section and add a comment.   

Less

Hi All,

Joined the forum after I saw traffic to ChicagoAppleseed.com from this string of posts - it was myself that set up the site and asked my blogger cohorts to promote (Tam from VFTP, Caleb from GUNNUTS, and David Codrea from The War on Guns).

The McHenry Country Sportsmen's Assoc and the State Line Rifle Assoc. have been asked to post as many flyers as possible in the
Northern IL, Southern WI area as possible.

We've gotten ~500 hits in a week and I've got one simple questions: Has this translated to any more folks signing up? Ie, Did it work?

Please feel free to email me if I can help further.

Les Kismartoni
McHenry County Sportsmen's Association

Old Glory!

Less,
Welcome to Appleseed, and to the forum! 

Thanks for ALL you have already done in promoting Appleseed.   ChicagoAppleseed.com   8) <:) 8)
Spreading the word among the forums and getting flyers out  @@) O0

IT IS WORKING!   There are 8 registrations in the last week that may be attributed to all your efforts.  Plus there have been some recent e-mail questions regarding Bristol.   

Thanks for stepping up in such a positive way.

Garand69

Thankyou very much Les!!!!

The site looks great!, any chance that we could get a regional schedule posted? Could you use any pics from previous Appleseeds???

Just let me know.  O0

Great work everyone else, it's gonna come together just fine!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Old Glory!

Submitted Bristol Appleseed to the Kenosha newspaper calendar.

http://www.journaltimes.com/calendar/events/index.php?year=2009&month=8&day=15

click on the event and you get the details.

Old Glory!

Less

Sorry, haven't checked back in a few days - I'll add regional information sometime over this weekend.

Dropped off flyers at RGuns, Cabela's and GAT Guns (all Illinois) and have another guy that'll be dropping a stack of flyers in Kenosha Gander Mt. this weekend.

Also plugged the event on RimfireCentral.

Since a week has gone by now, and people have their new paychecks handy, did we see any additional participants?

Trisha

Less thank you for all of your help. As of July 1st we have 14 pre-regs, so keep it up!

Also thank you OG for getting the word out on other forums and in newspapers.

Old Glory!

THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS!!!

Don't leak this to the IL contingent :-X, but of the 24 signed up for Bristol, there is only 1 from WI. :o     Down right embarrassing show from WI. :'(

Attached is a WI range list.  There are 18 WI ranges within 2 hours drive of Bristol.  If we mail, e-mail, drop off flyers to each of them, maybe we can muster up some WI shooters.  Flyer attached.

Let's hit:
Cudahy Sportsman's Club
Franksville North Shore Winchester Gun Club
Janesville Conservation Club
Janesville Rock County Rifle and Pistol
Jefferson Sportsmen's Club
Johnson Creek Milford Hills Hunt club
Kenosha Southpoat Gun Club
Merton Valley Rod & Gun Club
Milwaukee The Shooter's Shop
Muskego Boxhorn Gun Club
Muskego Lakeview Trap & Sport Club
New Berlin Milwaukeek Casting Club
Racine The Shooters' Sports Center
Verona Wisconsin Practical Pistol League
Waukesha Fletcher Arms
Waukesha Rifle & Pistol Club
Waukesha Wern Valley Sportsmens Club
West Allis Shooters Shop
West Milwaukee Badger Outdoors

If you have already hand delivered and talked with someone at one of these places, let us know here. 
If you CAN AND WILL deliver and talk to someone at one of these locations, let us know here.

Here is a task for ANYONE in WI.  If you are lurking and just haven't yet DONE something to help out WI APPLESEED, this is your chance.

If you REALLY want to do it up fancy, you can take that flyer and laminate one and hang it on the outdoor range.  You will reach the range attendees for sure.

Old Glory!

Anybody available to work an Appleseed booth at the Waukesha gun show July 31, August 1? @)

http://www.bobandrocco.com/Waukesha_July31-Aug1.pdf

Less

It is amazing that many think that Illinois doesn't have a lot of shooters... I mean, Chicago is awash with "informal target shooters" and "casual plinkers"...  ;)

Just an update:

• I've asked ISRA (Illinois State Rifle Assoc.) to post the "Chicago Appleseed" on their calendar and the page has been getting ~50 hits a day (the 22nd and 23rd).
  • I've also plugged the event at the local :~ IDPA :~ and :~ IPSC :~ groups.

Hoping that this is translating to some more pre-registrations. (I've asked OldGlory to let me know about the #'s after the weekend)

Lastly, I think some of the Bristol folks are wondering if there is anything that they need to do for or in anticipation of the event.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Les K.