News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Balsam Lake range

Started by sparks1, May 26, 2009, 09:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Hi...Mn. member stepping in to say I work with a guy from Balsam Lake ,Wi. and he says that they have a nice rifle range. Also from what he describes, it probably could accomodate a good 40 shooters on the line. He also owns a tavern in Balsam Lake (Top Spot)
It would be nice to have a western Wisconsin range for shooting. Anyone want to try ?
Balsam lake Rod and Gun is the name. I can get information to him if needed.
Looking for ranges in Mn. also. My home range has stonewalled me at every step .
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Old Glory!

Sparks1,
Have you scheduled an Appleseed at Balsam Lake yet?  <:)

Since your OWN club stonewalled you, feel free to go ahead with Balsam Lake.   PM myself or fepowered and we can help you get started. 

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Reginmund

I say try to set one up. I am currently helping (to the best of my abilities) to help get on in the greater Eau Claire area.
Facta, non Verba!

- Reginmund -

sparks1

Quote from: Old Glory! on June 22, 2009, 10:26:59 AM
Sparks1,
Have you scheduled an Appleseed at Balsam Lake yet?  <:)

Since your OWN club stonewalled you, feel free to go ahead with Balsam Lake.   PM myself or fepowered and we can help you get started. 

[/quote

Just got a response from my 5-28 inquiry. The club secretary says she will bring Appleseed up at the next bi-monthly meeting. Quote "I will bring up this awesome opportunity at the next meeting." Let us hope the board/membership view it as awesome too.

I originally did a cold contact (though I know a trap shooting member) by introducing myself and the Appleseed project. Basic information about AS was given along with the website should further information be wanted. I made myself available to be contacted should any other questions be brought up.

stay tuned

(John Maxwell)

Old Glory!

Sparks!  O0

Here is the host application form. 
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/pdf/Appleseed_Host_App.pdf

Can you print it off and send it to the club?   Fill out what you can; ask them to fill out the rest and sign it, and return it to you. 

Good to get as much of this done quickly, even at their meeting after they decide YES they will host the Appleseed.  ;)   

You can also ask them to pick a date.  60-90 days out gives us AND THEM time to promote the Appleseed.

We can then work up the EVENT INFORMATION PAGE.

After you get the Host App back, fepowered or myself can help work-up the EIP and make sure it is complete before both forms get sent to Savageshootr and Nickle to be put on the National Appleseed schedule, eventbrite and the instructor schedule.   

Voila!  Appleseed at Balsam Lake!   Thanks for taking the 7th step.  May this bring forth many more Appleseeders!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

sparks1

Old Glory:

I will print and send , along with other pertinent info, to the  balsam Lake club. Getting right on it!
Thanks

(John Maxwell)