News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sherburne LA Shoot

Started by Rhodes, May 26, 2009, 12:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodes

Really enjoyed my first but certainly not last Appleseed. I want to thank the instructors and everyone that made this possible, we are in your debt and appreciate your efforts on our behalf. Met some great people and better yet great Americans. Hope to see you all again soon. Shooters of all ages were there and it looks like LA is off to a great start.

If anyone has an inclination to hold a mini-shoot this summer, a more controlled indoor setting can be available. I am sure the people who own the range I use would allow us its use for a Saturday or Sunday very cheap. Up to 25 yard shooting and six positions are available. Just FYI.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

funfaler

Glad you enjoyed it.  Please, consider taking the time to contact the Fish and Wildlife folks and give them your reviews and impressions. 

They offered up this first shoot and location, but are considering opening up all 4 of the locations they have in the state, to host Appleseeds at.  Your letter/email, as a participant, may help them in making their decisions.

Thanks in advance and welcome to the "family"  ;)

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Rhodes

Will do and gladly. This is a good bunch of folks and Im sure LA would be glad to have as many of these events as we could.

One small question, I had to leave Monday before the end of the shoot. Another shooter and I are planning to take a trip to the Alabama CMP store this summer before things possibly get err politically complicated. I forgot to ask about the proof of marksmanship participation for the requirement on picking out a Garand. Any help on this matter would be appreciated as owning the same type rifle my uncles used in both Europe and the Pacific during WW2 and even my father during the Korean Conflict would make my year. Thanks in advance.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

funfaler

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Aus5tin

HAHA! Yes indeed it was a great shoot! We got to shoot in the rain (my new favorite thing in the world) and we had plenty of good folks there.
Looking forward to the next La Appleseed, ya'll lemme know if I can help in any way.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Oneshot

I had a great time and plan to follow up with another very soon.  I would like to set up a shoot in Lake Charles.  There are couple ranges that I think would be glad to support Appleseed.  One has some trailer hook ups.  I am going to check into this on this end and see what I need to do to coordinate to get the instructors from RWVA.  So let me know.  I greatly appreciate the instructors time and support, my family gives alot of time in 4H and other clubs.  Giving your time is greatly appreciated from my family. 

There is a great 4H program here in Calcasieu Parish, I am sure Appleseed will have good attendance.  4H just had a shooting sports fundraiser and there were a couple hundred people attending.
Jay

Rhodes

That would be excellent. Nice way to get the mind off the weather and on the rifle. Seems the older I get the more I mind this steam room we call home in Louisiana. I would be glad to make at least one day possibly two, god willing and the bayou doesn't rise too much.

Rhodes

So I see we have three more shoots planned. This is great hope to have a new project done by then but we will see, be nice if ammo drops in price a bit my center fires are turning into gunsafe queens.

Rhodes

Getting some interest built up here over the upcoming AS. More for the Oct shoot than the Aug but not much gets planned for August so maybe we will have more than thought. Got a few rifle projects Im working on that I hope to have ready by then as I dont think I will be shooting on  Saturday ( I do plan to be there though but I just cant shoot two days running) hoping I can be in top form for Sunday god willing.

schwert

I suppose the shoot is still on.  See ya'll tomorrow.

Ordeplyrarrek

Is July the 11th a good night to hold another 5 for 5 in 5 shoot on Clarks Hill? The last date I picked conflicted with both AL and SC. While all 3 of us had good turn outs, can you imagine how many wed have shooting if its on an open night?

spmcpeek

Quote from: Ordeplyrarrek on July 10, 2010, 03:08:38 PM
Is July the 11th a good night to hold another 5 for 5 in 5 shoot on Clarks Hill? The last date I picked conflicted with both AL and SC. While all 3 of us had good turn outs, can you imagine how many wed have shooting if its on an open night?

I have no idea what you are talking about.