News:

Want Appleseed to grow and fill our firing lines?  We need help with advertising, social media, graphics design, and administrative tasks.  An hour of time spent at this level can have a huge impact.  You can make a difference!  Send a Personal Message to Cleveland.

Main Menu

RWVA Home Range - Ramseur, NC Sept 26-27

Started by R-Mack, September 29, 2026, 04:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R-Mack

This event had a few things that made it a lot different. First the weather was great and the instructors were top notch (which is the normal for the home range). Now for some of the differences : First day no riflemen but their first groups were mostly 4 MOA. So it was very difficult to see much improvement. The AQT's on the first day had good scores but no Riflemen. Day 2 ended with 8 of 10 riflemen and 4 new IIT0's. We basically looked at everything that could of caused good shooter to not score well. What we found was trigger and follow though. They also had some issues with time but that's normal. We went over the trigger drill and pushed real hard on the follow though. As Fred said Sunday morning the six steps work. I have some of the best instructors in the program to be able to find the mistakes without the shooters even taking a shoot day 2. I would like to invite all instructors to the home range so they can see for themselves the improvements to the range. Also there are a few new events just posted so there is lots of room for everyone.

CompressingFire

I have to say this group of instructors was absolutely the best I've had since becoming affiliated with Appleseed. 

I was requalifying this trip (first time qualifying on centerfire), and I said this on Sunday, but I'll say it again here:  even though I had qualified rifleman at two events before, I am undoubtably a much better shooter today than I was on Friday of last week, and that is 100% thanks to the excellent tutelage of the home range instructor team. 

I was honored to become one of those 4 IIT0 that Rmack mentioned in his post above, and I'll be excited just to approach the quality of Instructors, IITs, and green hats that we had in attendance last weekend. 

Rifleman - March 2025 (Rimfire)
Requalifications
December 2025(Rimfire),
September 2026 (Centerfire)

Defiant0419

I agree! Great weather, terrific Instructors and participants with a very teachable attitude! I thought this was such a well run event! Very safe, and really well taught from this group of well trained instructors. My 20 year old son scored Rifleman on his first time back since he was 10 years old. I'm very proud and so happy we got to spend this weekend together doing this. This is such a great country. Thank you so much for all you do as an all volunteer group!

Tar Heel

It looks and sounds like a great event! I love the mix of new and seasoned shooters and instructors. Everyone worked together to mint several new Riflemen and build great momentum for Project Appleseed. Huzzah to everyone involved!
"It is not in numbers, but in unity, that our great strength lies." --Thomas Paine