News:

Want Appleseed to grow and fill our firing lines?  We need help with advertising, social media, graphics design, and administrative tasks.  An hour of time spent at this level can have a huge impact.  You can make a difference!  Send a Personal Message to Cleveland.

Main Menu

September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)

Started by Warriorpoet, September 29, 2026, 02:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriorpoet

Thank you ISRA Range for hosting Project Appleseed. Once again your hospitality was wonderful as was your five star range and facilities!

What a glorious weekend for freedom and marksmanship! Perfect early fall Chicago weather.  We had 14 hearty souls come to learn and hear some great history and learn some well taught POI's.  Thanks to my team of amazing instructors and IITs! I'm thankful for your overwhelming support and of course your botomless reserve of knowledge and skill. You made

Tales of the tape...
Dan S and Steve Requalified as Riflemen on Saturday. Dan set a hard pace at 231. On Sunday we had Alex, Jakub, join Dan again requalifying their riflemen staus. Then we had a first time Appleseeder, who showed us all how to do it the old fashioned way and with iron sites cranked out a 222!  Congrats Julian! This was obviously not your first rodeo with a rifle, but you were one of the few that did it all at 1X !

Tiger, your Dad may have showed the family how it's done, but you are right there with him. Great job! I have to say, you better watch your little sister, she is pretty awesome (and first time Appleseeder) and is right on your tail! Thank you both for being patient and diligent as our junior shooters. You are our future and are making it look bright!

Thank everyone for having a teachable mindset.  I hope you also had a health takeaway from the moving stories of our founding generation from Geek, JHB, and Windrunner. Please go out and live a life that honors what they gave us.  Be well and free!

Warriorpoet

ps Please feel free to attach any pictures or email them to me at michael.weinstein@appleseedinfo.org and I will post them. Thank you all and I hope to see you on the line again soon!


Warriorpoet

More Pictures

Warriorpoet

more pictures #2

QD

Not to be that guy, but my score of 223 was also shot with irons ;)

Thanks for a great weekend!!

-Alex

Geek

What a great weekend.  Between the weather and the shooters, I could not have asked for a better place to spend the weekend.   Congratulations to those that made Rifleman's score.  I saw a lot of improvement in everyone.  A Rifleman persists.  Dry practice the skills we covered over the weekend.  You will be amazed what practicing the fundamentals can do when you get back to live fire.
Dr. Joseph Warren, in his last letter to his mother, "Where danger is, dear mother, there must your son be... I will set [America] free or die".

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

coffee_bean

Quote from: QD on September 29, 2026, 10:20:16 PMNot to be that guy, but my score of 223 was also shot with irons ;)

Thanks for a great weekend!!

-Alex

Alex was a LOT better than I was; I think he qualified Rifleman 2x this weekend!

I'm hoping to like him at my NEXT Appleseed. I had a great weekend; Appleseed was everything I had hoped it would be. Can't wait to try to get Distinguished next time...

QD

Quote from: coffee_bean on September 30, 2026, 08:09:00 AM
Quote from: QD on September 29, 2026, 10:20:16 PMNot to be that guy, but my score of 223 was also shot with irons ;)

Thanks for a great weekend!!

-Alex

Alex was a LOT better than I was; I think he qualified Rifleman 2x this weekend!

I'm hoping to like him at my NEXT Appleseed. I had a great weekend; Appleseed was everything I had hoped it would be. Can't wait to try to get Distinguished next time...

"A lot better" is a stretch, you were shooting great! I bet if we had a few more AQTs, we both could have earned "distinguished" patches.

Warriorpoet

Sorry to misspeak QD. No slight intended.  Looking forward to seeing you guys out there again!