News:

Want Appleseed to grow and fill our firing lines?  We need help with advertising, social media, graphics design, and administrative tasks.  An hour of time spent at this level can have a huge impact.  You can make a difference!  Send a Personal Message to Cleveland.

Main Menu

TN Known Distance Rifle Question

Started by SwampRat, Yesterday at 04:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

First
I completed at 25M clinic in May 2026
I am signing up for a Known Distance event in October.
 After reading the requirements for the event I have a question about which of the following rifles would be best for the class.
My choices are
A Springfield M1A, with iron sights, 18 inch barrel, and a GI Sling.
or
An AR Pattern, 5.56 with a 3x Optic with a BDC

Thanks for your advice.

icecoldkidd

Which ever rifle you are more comfortable shooting with and potentially have the most experience shooting out to distance.

Project Appleseed, from what I have been told, was originally a M1 or M1A event, and adapted into more than just that.

So either rifle will work. KD is a Hits Count course.

Side Note: what is your physical fitness level - are you shooting from stationary position or moving from distance to distance - that 9-11 lb. M1A could become labor some over the course of the day as well as ammo.