News:

Want Appleseed to grow and fill our firing lines?  We need help with advertising, social media, graphics design, and administrative tasks.  An hour of time spent at this level can have a huge impact.  You can make a difference!  Send a Personal Message to Cleveland.

Main Menu

Palm Bay, FL, AAR, 9/19

Started by malabar, September 21, 2026, 10:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

What a blast!  Twenty shooters gathered at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay. The weather was beautiful -- low 80s and breezy. The rain held off until we were ready to call it a day on Sunday afternoon.

The bad news: Only one rifleman emerged from the pack. Young Aedyn had never been to an Appleseed before and scored a respectable 211.  CONGRATULATIONS!

The good news: Where do I start?  We had four other shooters in spitting distance, including one who shot a 202! They'll be back. 

More good news: Beardimus Prime passed his IPC and was awarded the coveted red hat. He'll be a credit to the program. Next stop on the Appleseed Trail: Shoot boss!

More good news: 2BearArms passed his progress check and was promoted to IIT 1. He did a fine job calling the line and performing RSO duties.

Even more good news: We added two new Blue Hats -- Mrs. Beardimus and Declan Schweich. Ou cadre is growing. Huzzah!


The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

ArmyVet814

My name is Carlos (Charlie) Hernandez.  I participated in the Palm Bay event this weekend.  (I was on lane number "0")

I wanted to thank you all for your outstanding performance running this event.  Your professionalism and great attitudes were remarkable, and speak highly of the Appleseed organization.

I wanted to give a particular "thank you" to the fellow instructor of Australian descent and recently sworn American citizen (I apologize, but I forgot his name).  He went above and beyond to assist me.

You see, I had just installed a new scope on my rifle, and had been struggling with my cheek positioning and eye alignment.  It had been very difficult for me to see through the scope.

He heard me asking for pads and bandage tape, and he came over to me and voluntarily offered me a tall cheek rest that fit my rifle.  He swapped it for me and let me use it for the remainder of the event.  It made a huge difference.  At the end of the event, after two sweltering hot days out in the sun, I had but completely run out of energy and decided I was going to go home early.  He saw me packing and getting ready to leave, and about to take home with me the cheek rest he had so kindly let me borrow.  He could have rightfully thought I was going to steal it, and it wouldn't have been out of place to take offense for it.  But instead, he came over to me, and told me I could just keep it on my rifle.  I offerred to pay for it, but he said 'no, just keep it', and shook my hand.

What a great guy, and I wish I hadn't forgotten his name.  Please relay this message to him.  His kindness was very much APPRECIATED. 

HAZAAA!!!

 :F

BeardimusPrime

It was a great shoot, and not just because I went home with a red hat. We had several young men and boys on the line and they were all safe and focused. It was easy to enjoy the weekend when there was so much enthusiasm. The cadre of Instructors was also top rate! I would gladly stand with any of them.
Rifleman: 4/2025
Orange Hat: 4/2025
Pistoleer: 3/2026
Known Distance: 5/2026
Red Hat: 9/2026

Mrs. Beardimus

Great shoot this past weekend! A comment I heard was how much it meant that our instructors & our shoot boss took the time to sit and help the shooters, especially the younger set(if my count was right we had 8 under 18!) making sure they all had fun while being safe. My apologies to our more seasoned attendees that my camera was drawn more to that group!

I'm attempting to follow Mrs. Smith's Imgur instructions to share photos, so hopefully this works!

https://imgur.com/a/9-19-2026-palm-bay-25m-appleseed-GqqsXfn

m45pd

I was there as well. The instructors did an amazing job of keeping everyone engaged, helping everyone do their best, and keeping everyone safe. The Revolutionary War stories between sessions were a nice way to break up the day. Thank you all for putting such a wonderful event together.

malabar

John (JC/DC) is a fine instructor, an inspiring speaker, and all-around good guy. I wish more of my fellow citizens had his love of liberty!

tk



Quote from: ArmyVet814 on September 21, 2026, 07:05:44 PMMy name is Carlos (Charlie) Hernandez.  I participated in the Palm Bay event this weekend.  (I was on lane number "0")

I wanted to thank you all for your outstanding performance running this event.  Your professionalism and great attitudes were remarkable, and speak highly of the Appleseed organization.

I wanted to give a particular "thank you" to the fellow instructor of Australian descent and recently sworn American citizen (I apologize, but I forgot his name).  He went above and beyond to assist me.

You see, I had just installed a new scope on my rifle, and had been struggling with my cheek positioning and eye alignment.  It had been very difficult for me to see through the scope.

He heard me asking for pads and bandage tape, and he came over to me and voluntarily offered me a tall cheek rest that fit my rifle.  He swapped it for me and let me use it for the remainder of the event.  It made a huge difference.  At the end of the event, after two sweltering hot days out in the sun, I had but completely run out of energy and decided I was going to go home early.  He saw me packing and getting ready to leave, and about to take home with me the cheek rest he had so kindly let me borrow.  He could have rightfully thought I was going to steal it, and it wouldn't have been out of place to take offense for it.  But instead, he came over to me, and told me I could just keep it on my rifle.  I offerred to pay for it, but he said 'no, just keep it', and shook my hand.

What a great guy, and I wish I hadn't forgotten his name.  Please relay this message to him.  His kindness was very much APPRECIATED. 

HAZAAA!!!

 :F
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

JustKim

OK - WOW - sounds like a great event!

CONGRATS Aedyn on obtaining the coveted Rifleman patch!!!

CONGRATS to Beardimus Prime on you Red Hat !!!!  - So Awesome!!

JC/DC - what can I say -- You are amazing, but we all already know that!  Thank you for being such a Patriot!!

AND thanks you Mrs. Beardimus and Declan Schweich for being Blue hats - We LOVE our Blue hats - such an important part of the program!!!

CONGRATS all on a great event!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again" Ronald Reagan