News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston (Lapwai) Idaho, May 2 & 3

Started by jeffdubya, May 04, 2009, 12:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akjaeger

I believe Jeff is a heck of an organizer, saw him for tea on tax day....

akjaeger

Actually Jeff, if you have any ideas or need any help count me in.

jeffdubya

Quote from: MeanStreaker on May 09, 2009, 12:37:36 AM
jeff, has she been to an event yet?  That's step 1 for getting our better halves on board with the program.

HAHAHA she's all for the program, I was talking about me in general LOL
"Enlighten the people, and tyranny and oppressions will vanish like night at the dawn of day." - Thomas Jefferson

LayloPro

HAHAHA she's all for the program, I was talking about me in general LOL

Ahhhhh, buddy,
I'll tell you from personal experience we -ALL- get those kinda looks from our "better half's"......... ++) **) #)

As far as being "AS material"......yeah, in reading your posts, you have a pretty good idea of what's going on, and you seem to know how to organize your thoughts into pretty coherent verbiage...... <:)

Some others may not read it right, or don't understand your "dialect", but yeah....you have my vote for jumping in O0......and I'm kinda particular who I shoot with....
@&) :~

Get with Wheeler44 & Wade.....you'll have some fun.....there's others out here as well....but they're your local bunch.

Have a good one!
Laylopro
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

TheUpsetter

Great posts everyone.  And a great shoot as well.

Silence was the official Shoot Boss for the event, but was nice enough to let me do a good deal of talking.   8) 

Hats off to Silence and STRAT for coming from far and wide on a moment's notice to make this happen.  And a special thanks to the great folks at the LCWC range for their enthusiasm in Appleseed and treating us all to lunch.  We need to get another event on the schedule for Lewiston as soon as possible to take advantage of the overwhelming hospitality of the great guys and gals at LCWC.

Appleseed is about getting to know people in your own community and building a network of good folks right at home who can be relied upon to pitch in when needed.  Appleseed is best when it is local.  This means that Pastor Larry, JeffDubya, and TDow need to run with it fast and furious and build a self-sustaining Appleseed community right there in Lewiston.  Strike while the iron is hot.  I'll help any way I can, but you guys need to take the wheel and put the next shoot on the books.  PM me with any questions.  There is clearly the demand for it out there, so let us not miss an opportunity.

Jeff, I'm glad we were able to get you on the line and having folks like you out there to soak up our lesson plan makes it all worthwhile.

I had a great time with all the shooters and was quite impressed with the persistence and tenacity of all, especially some of our lady shooters.  Nice work everyone! 

It was a real honor to be there for this shoot.

_TheUpsetter

"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

Western Rose

Thanks for another wonderful weekend of instruction and history! 8) Thanks also for "scribbling" on my target! ;)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

akjaeger

Western LC,
Good shooting!
I knew when a "little girl" was the only shooter to score on all the intial redcoat targets that it was gonna be an interesting weekend. So much for stereotypes.
The number of ladies that shot "Rifleman" outnumbered the men about 2/1. When you consider than the participants were only 1/4 ladies....
The diversity of participants is one of the key factors to Appleseed's sucess, in my opinion.