News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ABQ Gunshow AAR

Started by SamD, June 08, 2009, 02:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Met up with the ABQ team for some promo work at the gun show this weekend.
Top notch.
You get a of of time to get to know people. Freefyrefly, Devnull, and Precisely Advantageous are pretty bright folks.

Compared to them I'm pretty old, and sometimes us old folks get funny ideas about "youngsters".
These are smart people, insightful, articulate, fast learners, open minded and dedicated.  It reaffirms my faith.
Apppleseed has some prize people in ABQ.  After the 27-28 shoot, we are going to have a solid team in ABQ.

They'll be in red hats real fast, and they are seventh stepping real hard.  They know the difference between an iceberg and a bucket  O0 adn they are young and strong enough to carry two buckets at a time.  ;) .

We made some contacts with 3 new range owners in who appear pretty anxious for us to come to their ranges.
The "youngsters" have a pile of shoot flyers, SWATS, Dillon's and energy and are already divvying up the available places to post 'em.

Success?  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Precisely Advantageous

Well thanks there Sam :) I think we are creating a strong group for Abq and AS. I'm looking forward to joining up with the New Mexico AS crew too. I hope for many more days of Appleseeds and sharing experiences with my newly found friends.  ;D
Glad to be a part of something so meaningful,
Ryan
"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, how is it that you expect to find it any where else?"

TaosGlock

Way to go guys!  O0  This state is gonna rock the Nation with Riflemen! :~
I am looking forward to Alb!
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

freefyrefly

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sam! Can't wait to see you all there and if we're lucky, this AS shooting line will be packed from end to end. Really enjoyed talking with all of you at the gunshow. See ya soon!!!

twh731

I am truly impressed with the crew.  Thank you so much for doing a great job getting the word out.  You deserve a great deal of credit and AS is proud of you all.  I left the show early on as I had to get back to a previous engagement in Taos and then back to Santa Fe so this gang handled the whole shebang.  I agree with SamD, top notch indeed.  I have sent an e-mail to the San Juan Wildlife range as per a suggestion from a wonderful lady who stopped by the table.  Her and her husband own a gunsmithing shop in Farmington and expressed intense interest in holding an AS in the area.  I will try to call since I haven't gotten a reply to my e-mail yet.  Don't know how active the Range staff is there so I may have to stay on them to get a reply.  Their range there in Farmington is supposed to be second only to Whittington for size and accomodations in New Mexico.  If so it could be a great find, indeed.  I'll stay on it.  Also a range at Founders Ranch somewhere near Edgewood.  The lady that stopped by actually asked us personally if we would arrange an AS to be held there on her range.  The are active in the Cowboy Action scene and want to utilize the range when they aren't holding one of their jubilee events.  Big things are upon us it seems.  Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

SamD

Don't know if you have even been there but its a nice facility. http://www.foundersranch.com/

Just need to set it up reasonably(read free) and go to town.  People will lik it much better than the Abq city range.

Sam