News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester on Memorial Day weekend

Started by StoneDog, May 02, 2009, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneDog

Hi Everyone,

I may be bringing a small group (4-6 people) up from Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend.

Any recommendations for affordable hotel/lodging around Manchester and Arnold AFB?

Jon
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

Big Papa

Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

Appalacious

After the last shoot there was talk of having some camping at (near) the base.

I sure hope the locals come through on this.  Appleseed campfires are quite entertaining.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

StoneDog

Well, I have 4 in my group including me.  If my 12 year old son comes along that makes 5 plus my brother-in-law is on the fence but would make 6.

The plan is to head up from Atlanta early Saturday morning.  What time do the festivities start?
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

Big Papa

Sounds like you are doing a great job Appleseeding already!
We start at 8:30 a.m. You will need to be there a few minutes to register. Be sure and pre-register everyone. Look foward to seeing you there!

Steve

StoneDog

All right, I registered 5 of us for the entire weekend including my 12 year old son.  By any chance will there be a spare LTR?  I will make sure we bring enough ammo, but as it stands one of us will have to use a Remington pump .22 w/o sling.  Not ideal...

Also, weather forecast isn't ideal.  How much of the range is covered?

--Samuel Adams

Big Papa

I'm pretty sure there will be a LTR available. I think there are 5 in my truck now. >:D
Weather- There is one range that is covered. Hope to get it. Bottom line, bring a rain coat! Right now they are calling for just 40 percent rain. We'll work around and/or through it.
See you there!
Steve

StoneDog

Thanks Big Papa for a great weekend!

--Samuel Adams