News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Middlebury, VT 4/18 & 19

Started by GMB74, April 26, 2009, 06:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

Shoot Boss: GMB74
Instructors: Natty Bumpo, monkeywrench
Additional assistance from Ivan- Greatly Appreciated!

We had a total of 22 shooters for the weekend, most of them Saturday only. This was a shame, because it was a cold, windy and rainy day. Sunday was much better, windy but sunny and warmer. We had a good mix of experienced and novice shooters, and racked up 6 with Rifleman scores. Top score was an impressive 242! A couple more were very close to making Rifleman- maybe next time. We had one person who signed up for Sat. only, then wanted to shoot so badly he flew his airplane into the nearby airport on Sun. to be with us. All shooters persevered, there was no complaining, and I saw some tremendous improvement in each shooter's skills.
A good time was had by all. A special Thank You goes to Ivan, who shoots with us at our Monday night mini-Appleseeds. He volunteered to purchase some supplies, help getting set up, and cooking lunch on Sat. A helping hand like that is most welcome indeed!

Buzzworth

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!  O0 O0
any photos??

:~ :~
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

Nickle

So, last night, I get a call from a good friend of mine (and fellow Army Guardsman) Frank S.

He was pretty impressed, and he even managed a 212 on Sunday, not using the .30 cal rule.

He's impressed enough that he's looking into the east side of the state for locations to hold AS's there. Needless to say, I pointed him the St Johnsbury direction as well.

The next step is to get him in contact with ripersnifle, as they live in adjacent towns.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.