News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DOWNLOADABLE APPLESEED INTRO LTR, HOST APPLICATION FORM and EIP FORMAT

Started by Firewall99, April 26, 2009, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewall99

Appleseed Introduction Letter, vastly improved Host Application, and the EIP format is available for download.

"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

Earl

I wanted to print out the letter, and it is scrambled on my computer, the Appleseed Host Applications came out fine.

Later, 1/4/10, 11 PM PST it now works well, thanks. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Devnull

What program did you use to open the host letter? If it was Microsoft word what version is it?
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Firewall99

Quote from: Earl on January 04, 2010, 10:12:30 AM
I wanted to print out the letter, and it is scrambled on my computer, the Appleseed Host Applications came out fine.

The Host Introduction Letter is a document that opens only in Microsoft Word 2003 or later.  I'm not sure if Sun's Open Office, a common MS Word substitute, will open it.

The reason it is a template is so you can easily put in the recipient's contact info at the top, and your info at the end.  Then you save each one separately for each club, while keeping the original template for future use.  Please see the instructions.

If anyone thinks I should, I can re-issue the document as a regular Word .doc file.  Open Office could open that.

Earl, are you using Open Office?
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

The Machine

FYI, the Host Introduction Letter opened fine and was editable in Open Office v3.1 . F99, thanks for these and your other downloadable resources.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

TruTenacity

The new host application has been posted as a download in the original post.  Once the form is available on TIPS the download files will be removed and a link to TIPS will be posted in its place.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Maximum Ordinate

The intro letter is good, but seemed a bit long for what I needed.

Attached, you'll find a shorter version of it.  This version got my foot in the door at a local range to brief their Board of Directors.

Most people don't have the time or patience for a three-page letter these days.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

peterlandsiedel

I think Rusty's letter should be the new standard.

It flows better and it doesn't reference modern politics (e.g., international forces taking our guns).

dirtdawg

One thing that troubles me is that these intro letters reference the "Appleseed Project"  not "Project Appleseed".

I have to literally remind myself that we are promoting Project Appleseed every time I say it or write it.  It is getting easier.

Maximum Ordinate

DD,

I think that's a fair suggestion.  I've updated the letter to reflect your input.  Thanks!    :)

-Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

MetalgodZ

Old topic, but I'm prepping for a talk with the BoD at my club tonight, and I grabbed some of the templates here for a quick update.

Removed some duplicated info and re-flowed the latest template I was able to find, and I'm throwing this up here for further comment / use.

Edit: Fixed a couple more references to Appleseed Project and stripped info. The 177kb attachment is the one I'm using tonight. Very generic.

Roswell

I had some questions about hosting an Appleseed and I hope this is the right thread.

1) Which is the correct Host Agreement? I found 2 in my files, but both appear old (see attached)

2) Once completed, where does the form get sent? It just says hand to Appleseed representative on the form, but what does he/she do with it?

3) The "Want to host an Appleseed?" page is no longer on our website. Shouldn't we add that back? I hate to create more work for Scuzzy, but seems like we need that.

Thanks!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

scuzzy

Quote from: roswell on October 11, 2018, 01:04:40 PM
I had some questions about hosting an Appleseed and I hope this is the right thread.

1) Which is the correct Host Agreement? I found 2 in my files, but both appear old (see attached)

2) Once completed, where does the form get sent? It just says hand to Appleseed representative on the form, but what does he/she do with it?

3) The "Want to host an Appleseed?" page is no longer on our website. Shouldn't we add that back? I hate to create more work for Scuzzy, but seems like we need that.

Thanks!

The host apps on TIPS here are the latest:

https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/faq.php#promote02

Although it really doesn't matter what version you use. The new one has less info to fill out and just gets the ball rolling. The old versions require more info that is needed just to get your foot in the door. All that extra info can be obtained once you know a range is willing and able to host an Appleseed.

Even though we don't have a link on the website we do still get inquiries which we process. What we do get too much of is people that want us to have a shoot near their home so they don't have to drive two hours to an event. These are people who seem to think you can just call a range and say let's have an event. As anyone that has ever tried to get a range to host an Appleseed knows dealing with the Board of Directors is not something you can do easily.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.